United States League

USA Chatter

This topic contains 9 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of David - Chihuahua David – Chihuahua 5 months, 3 weeks ago.

• Author
    Profile photo of Bob - Santiago de Cuba Bob – Santiago de Cuba 
    Participant

I’ve wanted to start a discussion blog for the USA for a while now to generate some activity. I should probably do that now since I won’t be in the USA for long.

It’s been a tough year for the Rough Riders. We’ve had a lot of tough breaks. Everything from underperforming players to talent hits. It’s been brutal.

We’re certainly bad but we’re not this bad. We’re 8-21 in one run games and we’re five games under our pyt. record.

Even when we get a good break, it goes bad. Rookie outfielder Thurman Ontiz got a bump up to 6/9/7 vs righties. Finally, a player for the future! He just got a talent hit to 5/8/7.

How’s everybody else’s season going?

Fun year so far. Lots of injuries in Maracaibo early, then a 6-0 week at some point, and a bunch of 2-4, 3-3 weeks since. The LAD is really tight this year.

Well, that’s all she wrote. My title streak ends at five.

Changsha wins the LAD and moves on to face Akashi in the finals. Give em hell, Aaron. Good luck.

Participant

Good luck to Changsha and Akashi in the playoffs. I’ll see you next year because…

I SURVIVED! I staved off relegation yet again. Next year will be my 19th consecutive season in the USA.

My team underachieved all year and my players were mad because they were all slackers without a leader. At the end of the season, I experimented by adding several players with a good work ethic and high leadership. They rode the bench but a few players were thankful to have leaders on the roster. I’m not sure if that’s why I went 4-2 in the last sim but something made my team play well. I held off Xi’an by one game.

By the numbers, my team was a lot better than Xi’an. We were eight games better than them in pyt. record but going 12-30 in one run games killed me. This certainly wasn’t a good team, but it wasn’t really a last place team either. The first overall pick awaits me.

The Rough Riders won’t be competitive next year but I’ll once again try to avoid relegation while rebuilding. I have a lot of respect for the teams in the second tier and I don’t want to fight my way back up to the USA.

Participant

In case there’s any doubt, I’ll be drafting Gremlin. Hamilton is on the clock.

Hamilton takes SP Gilberto Salvivar with the #2 overall pick.
    Also, hey everybody! Happy to finally be back in the USA, and hope I can last more than one season this time.

Participant

It’s become clear that the LOD can’t handle the awesomeness that is the first place Rough Riders. This team has been dominating and nothing will stand in our way.

Just kidding. The team is still terrible and I have no idea how I’m in first. It looks like I’m riding a couple hot players and they’re surrounded by a bunch of awfulness. Hopefully I can run up some wins early and then hold on to avoid relegation. Unfortunately I still doubt that’ll happen because I’m only three games out of last.

Participant

Woohoo! I somehow avoided relegation yet again. I also managed a .500 record to make my owner happy. I’ll have the second overall pick in the draft unless Taegu pulls an upset in Japan.

Good times. Looking forward to my 20th consecutive season in the USA.

Participant

Congrats to Chihuahua on winning the title!

Profile photo of David - Chihuahua David – Chihuahua 
    Participant

Thanks! Honestly wasn’t expecting it this season, but the team did just barely enough to squeeze by. We were 0 for 3 against Maracaibo in the USA championships (2040, 2043, 2044) so we’re glad the fourth time finally worked out in our favor. It may be the end of our competitive window as several major pieces are expected to hit FA this offseason and our farm has been coming up dry over the years.

We’ll try to do our best to retain enough pieces to stay in the USA while looking towards building for the future, but we anticipate that being a daunting challenge. Big props to the Rough Riders for their continued presence at the top of the hierarchy!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

JOIN US

If you would like to join, send us a message with a little bit about you and your OOTP history.

Sending

©2017 World Baseball Hierarchy

or

or    

Forgot your details?

Skip to toolbar