United States League

2042 USA Chatter

This topic contains 11 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Jeff (Maracaibo Jackals USA) 3 years, 3 months ago.

• Author
     Bob – Santiago de Cuba 
    Participant

For a moment, I was extremely confused about why I would select a 6/2/3 potential outfielder in the first round. It took a second but then I realized he was actually a 9/7/6 reliever. I feel better now after a moment of panic.

I can’t believe Anaya got to you. I had him at #1 on my list and you got him at #7, right before me #grrrr

Bob – Santiago de Cuba 
    Participant

My roster wasn’t quite old enough so I signed a 45 year old. I now have four players that are 40+ years old. Somehow I’m leading the division.

Marc Vose 
    Participant

He’s had a hell of a career.

Bob – Santiago de Cuba 
    Participant

It’s shaping up to be a rematch of last year’s playoffs in the USA. I’m leading by 9 games so I should be in barring an epic collapse. Maracaibo is only up by 4 with 12 games remaining. The game puts their playoff chances at 90.5% and mine at 100%.

Bob – Santiago de Cuba 
    Participant

It’s a rematch of 2041. We’re the favorites this time and we’re seeking revenge.

Bring it, Tankersley. Bring it.

wbhcommish 
    Keymaster

Reminds me of the old Azua / San Lorenzo days…

Bob – Santiago de Cuba 
    Participant

Wow, what an absolute kick in the teeth. Not only am I down 3-0 in the championship series but I got a career ending injury to star 2B Arturo Escobar. He played four years with Multiple Sclerosis but can’t play with a torn labrum in his shoulder. He was an OBP machine who only made about $2 mil per year despite his extreme popularity and status as a former #1 overall pick. What a brutal loss.

Speaking of brutal, how ’bout those playoffs!? We lost all three games by three runs apiece, including one where C Chan-u Yi hit three homers.

This is a disaster…

After getting through the season relying on our strong starting pitching, we ended up winning the first three games without their help! None of our starters got out of the fifth inning. I’m shocked and pleasantly surprised, of course. My bullpen was good enough and we hit nine timely home runs in the three games.

Every pitcher on my staff is tired now, though, because none of my starters could give me even five innings and my bullpen was heavily taxed. Santiago has a real chance to still win this so I’m chiming out before I jinx anything…

Bob – Santiago de Cuba 
    Participant

No way. You’re going to finish the sweep easily. I have five pitchers and a bench hitter who are all cold. I’m torn between starting a 2B that’s a .208/.235/.333 hitter or a guy who hasn’t suited up for any team in my organization in 12 years.

The only thing that can prolong the series beyond four games is that I’m considering shrinking my rotation to three pitchers so that Allende would pitch games 4 and 7, not that he was especially useful in game 1.

Bob – Santiago de Cuba 
    Participant

Congrats to Jeff on finishing us off to secure back to back titles! We did make a series out of it, losing 4-2. Despite going 42-18 at home in the regular season, we lost all three home playoff games.

Back to back to back titles! I just did a three-peat!

Thanks Bob – Sorry about Escobar. That stinks.

I’m excited about trying for one more

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

JOIN US

If you would like to join, send us a message with a little bit about you and your OOTP history.

Sending

©2019 World Baseball Hierarchy

or

or    

Forgot your details?

Skip to toolbar