United States League

2041 Chatter

This topic contains 11 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Jeff (Maracaibo Jackals USA) 4 years, 1 month ago.

• Author
     Bob – Santiago de Cuba 
    Participant

I figured that I’d start a thread that we can reply to throughout the year, so here we go.

Anyway, our first sim was 1-5 (with only 22 players on the roster) but we’re 9-3 since. 1B Pedro Florenzan is on pace to hit 60 HRs. He won’t get there but he did hit 44 of them last year so the power is legit. OF Munenori Ishihara is only on pace to hit 53 HRs.

The supposed strength of the club, my rotation, hasn’t been particularly strong. SP Antonio Carcia has been a dud so far with a 5.92 ERA.

Gordon Maclean 
    Participant

Went 3-3 in the first sim then face planted the season with a 10 game losing streak. Its the pitching. I’ve got a couple reasonable arms that I have traded for, but the bottom part of the rotation has been abysmal. The bullpen looks to be the same. relegation seems inevitable this year.

Philadelphia Stars 
    Participant

Don’t give up on Antonio.. He always starts slow.. He probably had a tear in his eye facing his old team the Stars. Those 3 championships Rings feel kind of heavy 😀

On the negative side Stars lost our remaining ace.. Jose Aldaco

Lost my top hitter and pitcher now.. So happy to just to be in 3rd place…

On the plus side, I was able to bring back Juan Escarcega to a one year deal…

Trying to figure out the financial model, so I was a bit frugal during FA and signed players late to save cap space.. Will see how this plays out..

Also need to figure out the site.. Didn’t realise I need to subscribe to each group to post and noticed that my emblem is from my basketball league.. I guess this is a wordpress limitation. If anybody knows how to update logos per league let me know.. I would like to have a Stars avatar for this league..

Bob – Santiago de Cuba 
    Participant

I lost three outfielders in the same sim. It’s an elderly and fragile group so I expected some injuries, but three in the same sim?

This means that The Dominator is in the majors for two weeks as a pinch walker.

Bob – Santiago de Cuba 
    Participant

3/5 of my All Star caliber rotation has been bad. Allende and Nagamoto both have a 2.22 ERA so that’s great (even though they both jumped up in this past sim). However, free agent acquisition Carcia is at 5.44, longtime stud Agular is at 5.96, and rookie stud Jaramillo is at 5.46.

All five of them should be flirting with the 3.00 ERA mark. Instead, we have three duds and my team is flirting with .500.

3/5 of my All Star caliber rotation has been bad. Allende and Nagamoto both have a 2.22 ERA so that’s great (even though they both jumped up in this past sim). However, free agent acquisition Carcia is at 5.44, longtime stud Agular is at 5.96, and rookie stud Jaramillo is at 5.46.

All five of them should be flirting with the 3.00 ERA mark. Instead, we have three duds and my team is flirting with .500.

This is where our “tierism” takes root. All pitching the USA is a run or two worse than expected, even when accounting for the hitting chops of the daily opposition. I’d add my guys Zimolo and MacNevin as examples.

Bob – Santiago de Cuba 
    Participant

I knew that I’d need to juggle my aging outfielders this year but it’s been ridiculous. With Kien-lung Leong hitting the DL this sim and Munenori Ishihara going the sim before, that means that I’ve had five outfielders spend a total of eight stints on the DL. I really think that I’ve had to change my lineups every sim.

In other news, I demoted my closer, SP Carcia is turning things around, and I’m still in first place.

Bob – Santiago de Cuba 
    Participant

It looks like it’ll be Santiago de Cuba vs Maracaibo for the USA title. There are still three sims remaining but the game says I have a 98.6% chance of winning the division and Maracaibo has a 97.2% of winning theirs.

I get Ishihara back in one more sim. It’ll be nice to have him back on the roster.

Bob – Santiago de Cuba 
    Participant

Congrats and good luck to Jeff in the playoffs! This should be an interesting series.

Good luck Bob

Viva Maracaibo

Bob – Santiago de Cuba 
    Participant

Congrats to Jeff on winning the USA Championship for the second consecutive year. It’s a frustrating end to a successful year for us.

It took forever to rebuild this team into a contender without tanking and I’m not sure how much longer I can hold it here. Some key players are getting older and won’t have much time left.

Thanks Bob – let’s meet here again next year

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

JOIN US

If you would like to join, send us a message with a little bit about you and your OOTP history.

Sending

©2019 World Baseball Hierarchy

or

or    

Forgot your details?

Skip to toolbar