Why did my 24 year old catching prospect retire?

This topic contains 13 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  Tokorozawa DOM 4 years, 3 months ago.

• Author
     Seoul KOR 
    Spectator

Why in the world did my catching prospect, Yuk Wu retire at the age of 24? He was listed as the #10 overall prospect in Cuba.

He was not ready for the majors last season. I had signed two old men to cover the catching position last season. He was almost guaranteed a spot on our major league roster. His ratings this season look like he is ready to go. But he retired?

I really don’t get this game.

Taegu JPN 
    Spectator

you should be able to replace a catcher of that caliber (I think). he looks like a decent enough prospect, but not a front line starter. probably a good #2 back up type.

but still, that sucks to have that stripped away for no apparent reason.

I do have a couple of similar catchers I would trade you. similar as in, maybe a little older, and maybe don’t have as good of defense. but very similar!

Seoul KOR 
    Spectator

Thanks Ben. He definitely was not a star. The problem is that we had practically nothing beside him. I’ve already decided I’m not willing to give up much to fill the spot at this time. We might go with Raimundo Espaillat I might have a look at your players after I try my luck in the free agent market.

Vancouver CUB 
    Spectator

He decided to play basketball. Look under “news involving player”. Surprised if it wasn’t in your news feed. He said his career was stalled in the minors and wanted a career change. A 6-foot 200 pound point-guard? Good luck with that.

Erie VEN 
    Spectator

@Vancouver (USA) wrote:

He decided to play basketball. Look under “news involving player”. Surprised if it wasn’t in your news feed. He said his career was stalled in the minors and wanted a career change. A 6-foot 200 pound point-guard? Good luck with that.

Maybe he wanted to play in the CBL. He’d dominate in the Chinese league…

Hong Kong CUB 
    Spectator

[youtube:qksp2vgz]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=163Vu83u05I[/youtube:qksp2vgz]

Seoul KOR 
    Spectator

What’s the blank reply about?

Hong Kong CUB 
    Spectator

Guess that didn’t work. It was supposed to be this video, embedded:

Seoul KOR 
    Spectator

Ha 🙂

Taegu JPN 
    Spectator

Mao’s SP prospect, Javier Hernandez, also decided to retire. He’s a 21 y/o 8.8.7 prospect, who is sure to be missed.

If it makes you feel any better.

Tokorozawa DOM 
    Spectator

I had 24 year old 7.7.7 SP Prospect Grant Peddle retire this offseason as well. Makes no sense but it happens.

Santiago de Cuba USA 
    Spectator

Were Hernandez and Peddle both CEIs? They both had longterm injuries before retiring.

Mexico City DOM 
    Spectator

@Santiago de Cuba (USA) wrote:

Were Hernandez and Peddle both CEIs? They both had longterm injuries before retiring.

I was going to ask the exact same thing…

Tokorozawa DOM 
    Spectator

Peddle was, yes. Career ending forearm tightness. Definitely no surgeries that can correct that one. Happens in the bigs all the time…

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

JOIN US

If you would like to join, send us a message with a little bit about you and your OOTP history.

Sending

©2019 World Baseball Hierarchy

or

or    

Forgot your details?

Skip to toolbar