Website during reposting process

This topic contains 20 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  Cheju CAN 2 years, 8 months ago.

• Author

Would there be any problems continuing to use the forums and whatnot on the website during the re-hosting process? Or would potential disconnect or other problems be limited to only certain hours of the particular day the actual file transfers occur?

Mike Topham 
    Participant

Or better yet – a new forum set-up as this one blows…

wbhcommish 
    Keymaster

The site is basically back.

Mike, I’m not moving to new forum software, but I appreciate any comments that are constructive. Let me know what you’d like to see, feature-wise, and I will look into adding / changing it.

Gordon Maclean 
    Participant

What is the current sim status/schedule? My in game is October 1 and that has been uploaded. Am I up to date, and when will the next sim take place?

Mike Topham 
    Participant

Yes, what is the status? I have no idea what the current game date is, as I went back to an earlier game file (that I had on my drive) as I was not able to update at all during the playoffs. Is their a current League File to be DL’d that I can update with and export before we move into the postseason? I don’t know if I’m alone in this dilemma due to the server issues, but I’d sure appreciate the chance to get current before we sim any further…

wbhcommish 
    Keymaster

The current game date is October 1. The new server appears to be functioning correctly. I am about to send an email with details.

Bob – Santiago de Cuba 
    Participant

Do we need to export again with the new full file or will our previous export work?

Mike Topham 
    Participant

For the record – I’m good to go!

Thanks Marc!!

Thunder Bay 
    Participant

If there has been an email sent I am still not receiving anything.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 8 months ago by  Thunder Bay.

What’s your email address? I’ll forward Marc’s email from yesterday.

Thunder Bay 
    Participant

Absolutely awesome. Going to miss the one sim that you don’t want to miss. Because of not receiving an email. An email address that has been given several times. #VERYDISCOURAGINGANDDISAPPOINTED.

Special thanks to Joe for forwarding me the email.

PS to the board. That is Strike 2. Deuces baby.

Thunder Bay 
    Participant

Does a Wednesday morning sim mean that it won’t run till Sunday based on past sims ran? Inquiring minds want to know.

wbhcommish 
    Keymaster

Will, you were sent the email the other day. You might want to ensure that your spam settings aren’t blocking email from commish@worldbaseballhierarchy.com.

Also, there are a multitude of other leagues looking for new GMs here:

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/board/ootp-16-online-leagues/

Might be something for you to check out, if you’re not happy with this one.

Thunder Bay 
    Participant

Coool. HA. All excellent ideas. May check those areas.

Thunder Bay 
    Participant

Apologies.

Nothing was received in any email inbox

Thanks for the tip. Anyways, been playing in other leagues for a little while. Found out this isn’t the only act in OOTP.

I won’t quit my Avengers and all the work I put to make them the good team they have been some years now.

Thanks for getting us back up and running so quickly, Marc! Quick smooth download of both the league file and the sim update for me. Hope we hear only similar reports from others. Appreciate your efforts!

Now it’s time to get ready for a new season.

Tokorozawa DOM 
    Spectator

I’ll second that. Download speed was EXCELLENT!

No problems here. Download was quick. No surprises.

Thanks Marc. You’re the best.

Cheju CAN 
    Spectator

Getting the error”could not open a connection to the FTP server”. Stuck on 10/1/2042.
    Maybe need a new accounts.dat file ?

Thunder Bay 
    Participant

Must have not got the email, too.

Long story short. You need to upload a new league file and things will work for you.

Best of Luck.

Cheju CAN 
    Spectator

will do.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

JOIN US

If you would like to join, send us a message with a little bit about you and your OOTP history.

Sending

©2018 World Baseball Hierarchy

or

or    

Forgot your details?

Skip to toolbar