Unzipper for Windows 8

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Taegu JPN 5 years, 3 months ago.

• Author
     Taegu JPN 
    Spectator

Just got a new computer with Windows 8. I have always used 7-zip, which doesn’t appear to be supported by W8. Any recommendations?

Bocas del Toro VEN 
    Spectator

@Taegu (JPN) wrote:

Just got a new computer with Windows 8. I have always used 7-zip, which doesn’t appear to be supported by W8. Any recommendations?

I use winrar…its freeware

Mexico City DOM 
    Spectator

I was going to recommend a Mac…

Vancouver CUB 
    Spectator

WinRar is probably the best bet. Download.com is a good place to get it.

Panama City JPN 
    Spectator

@Taegu (JPN) wrote:

7-Zip does work on Windows 8/8.1 – see http://www.tomshardware.com/faq/id-2100637/7zip-windows-windows.html

7-Zip is always my zip program of choice on Windows – it supports every format, and is (mostly) open source.

Taegu JPN 
    Spectator

thanks for the help guys. I went with WinRAR and am about to try it out

re: 7-zip. it’s always worked for what I needed it for (OOTP files), and I was going to use it again, but I couldn’t find anywhere that said it compatible with 8. if WinRAR poses any challenges, I will try it

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

JOIN US

If you would like to join, send us a message with a little bit about you and your OOTP history.

Sending

©2019 World Baseball Hierarchy

or

or    

Forgot your details?

Skip to toolbar