Spring Training in March

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Taegu JPN 5 years, 3 months ago.

• Author
     Santiago de Cuba USA 
    Spectator

FYI – It looks like spring training started in March this year. I’m not sure if that’s a problem but just thought I’d point it out.

Mexico City DOM 
    Spectator

You beat me to it, as I noticed that as well… Looks like 6 games were played…

Tokorozawa DOM 
    Spectator

Didn’t we run into problems last year with every player that was on the 40 man roster for spring training ended up with a $350,000 contract for the season? I know I had a couple of guys last year that I didn’t want to be paying that ended up with contracts, but maybe that was something that I did wrong.

My plan this year was to have my team cut back to 25 before spring training started so that I made sure this didn’t happen again.

If I did something wrong, can someone tell me how I can have a guy play a bit in spring without using an option on him and having to pay him for the season?

Mexico City DOM 
    Spectator

@Tokorozawa (DOM) wrote:

Didn’t we run into problems last year with every player that was on the 40 man roster for spring training ended up with a $350,000 contract for the season? I know I had a couple of guys last year that I didn’t want to be paying that ended up with contracts, but maybe that was something that I did wrong.

My plan this year was to have my team cut back to 25 before spring training started so that I made sure this didn’t happen again.

If I did something wrong, can someone tell me how I can have a guy play a bit in spring without using an option on him and having to pay him for the season?

I believe that the 40-man roster is automatically added to the ST roster, as typically that is the case IRL… I’m not sure if this is a setting that can be turned on or off for on-line leagues…

Barquisimeto CAN 
    Spectator

In real life if a player is on the 40-man roster you have to use an option to send them to the minors. The game replicates the same setup.

As for contracts, the game has been applying contracts for several seasons now to players on the 40-man roster. Not sure I agree with it, but it’s the way it is. Haven’t found a setting in the game to disable it at this point either.

Looks like there’s still another 4 weeks of spring training, so it’s a matter of the game expanding the spring season. Not sure if this is a big deal or not.

Taegu JPN 
    Spectator

i think the main drawback to ST beginning unexpectedly is not having rosters and lineups set. I know that I half heartedly updated my lineups and through the offseason, but I don’t think I had things 100% where I needed them.

but on the other hand, it looks like ST will span 3 sims, so there is still opportunity to get guys in action.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

JOIN US

If you would like to join, send us a message with a little bit about you and your OOTP history.

Sending

©2020 World Baseball Hierarchy

or

or    

Forgot your details?

Skip to toolbar