Pythagoras

This topic contains 11 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Gordon Maclean Gordon Maclean 1 year, 1 month ago.

• Author
    Profile photo of Gordon Maclean Gordon Maclean 
    Participant

Because they have been on my ass or in my crosshairs all season, Ive been watching the Moca Machine very carefully. For the last several sims they have had a +9 Pythagoras rating. It got me to wondering how often teams have had positive double digit Pyth ratings throughout the WBH history and what the record was.

Turns out it hasnt happened too often. I checked the histories for current franchises and found the following.

Bani 2008 +12
    Pacora 2027 +11
    Bocas del Toro 2031 +10
    Toa Baja 2016 +10
    Brooklyn 2014 +10

There were several more that came in at +9. So good luck to Moca in the final few sims. The Machine is on the verge of joining a very elite group and has the potential for breaking new ground. Although the way our division is going right now, your good fortune has a direct impact on everyone else.. so good luck *BUT*

🙂

Gordon

Profile photo of Mike N Mike N 
    Participant

Yeah I noticed that too. I’ve got the division lead but I’m hanging on by my fingernails. My top 3 offensive threats are out as are 1 SP and 1 RP. So I think the Bani Banshees are AI controlled, but I’ll be happy to hang on.

I really thought that the division was going to come down to the two of us this season since we’re the only 2 human-controlled teams, and it may still be the case…

Participant

Getting a bit of separation with 2 sims to go. The Machine lost one on their Pythagoras so they won’t be the Golden State of that stat this year.

Tijuana has had 3 pitchers go out for Tommy John surgery this year, causing us to bring up a lot of young talent sooner than planned. HOWEVER they have been up to the task, it’s nice to be pleasantly surprised for a change. Big series vs Bonao to lead off the next sim, have to have the lineups ultra-fine tuned!!

Participant

Yes, this next series will be huge. I’ve got my top prospect now in as cleanup hitter, let’s see how it goes! Good luck!

Participant

Wow! A 5-1 sim put me into first place. I did NOT anticipate that. But I did lose a significant bat for the rest of the season. This is going to be interesting, and I dont think a playoff game to decide the division title is out of the question… The Machine is up to +10 Pythag.

Participant

OH YEAH, my owner’s “goal” for this year was “Don’t completely suck”… I’m in first place and his mood is “Undecided”… BITE ME!

Profile photo of wbhcommish wbhcommish 
    Keymaster

Oh I had the same owner goal. We did suck, but hopefully not “completely”.

Profile photo of Mao Mao 
    Participant

Can someone check to see who won both divisions for DOM. I am eager to see if I won, lost or tied my division.

Participant

Looking forward to today’s matchup with Tijuana. TIJ has their ace going, but I’ve just got CF Kui off the DL, my best offensive player this year.

If anyone gets a chance, check out the 15-inning circus of a match where Bonao beat Bani 11-10 to force the one-game playoff. My top 3 relievers are all exhausted… it’s going to be interesting!

Good luck TIJ! May the best team win!

Participant

Mike,

Well I am as surprised as anyone as to how this season finished. Tijuana was having difficulty getting any traction at all through July. We had a bunch of pitching injuries including three tommy johns, which forced me to bring up my AAA pitching. I knew that they were going to be good. My plans were to wait until next year to bring them up, HOWEVER, once in the line up they played very well, and that seemed to inspire the bats. It has to be tough after being in first all season. Best of luck next year!

No clue how my playoff with Mao will go, but I am looking forward to moving back up to Venezuela next year.

Oh yeah, Moca fell one short if the elite +10 Pythagoras, shame!

Gordon

Profile photo of Mao Mao 
    Participant

Hey Gordin, good luck in the DOM championship. Hopefully we can both escape it with no injuries. I’m looking forward to head back to the Division 3 next season.

Participant

Congrats on the championship! Its good to be movin up!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

JOIN US

If you would like to join, send us a message with a little bit about you and your OOTP history.

Sending

©2017 World Baseball Hierarchy

or

or    

Forgot your details?

Skip to toolbar