Next sim?

This topic contains 164 replies, has 27 voices, and was last updated by  Barquisimeto CAN 4 years, 11 months ago.

• Author
     Bocas del Toro VEN 
    Spectator

Hi All,

Just looking for an update on the offseason sim…no rush, just going through a little withdrawal 🙂

Suwon KOR 
    Spectator

I know marc said he was changing servers and I thought the website was going to be down during this time, but it hasn’t happened yet as far as I can tell as web site still up .. lol

Barquisimeto CAN 
    Spectator

First free-agency sim is up!

Barquisimeto CAN 
    Spectator

FA 2 sim is posted

Barquisimeto CAN 
    Spectator

Free Agency Sim 3 is posted.

Barquisimeto CAN 
    Spectator

First Draft Sim posted.

Taegu JPN 
    Spectator

PSA: Gerry should be running the sim today at some point.

sorry for the delay

Barquisimeto CAN 
    Spectator

Draft Sim – Rounds 2 and 3 is uploaded.

Barquisimeto CAN 
    Spectator

Draft Sim 3 / FA Sim 5 posted!

Barquisimeto CAN 
    Spectator

Opening Day sim is posted.

Barquisimeto CAN 
    Spectator

Sim #3 is posted.

Barquisimeto CAN 
    Spectator

Sim #4 is posted

Barquisimeto CAN 
    Spectator

Sim #5 is posted!

Barquisimeto CAN 
    Spectator

Sim #6 posted

Barquisimeto CAN 
    Spectator

Sim #7 posted

Philadelphia USA 
    Spectator

I keep getting no updated league file available on server..

In game is Jun 26th 2036..

Anybody else get an update?

Taegu JPN 
    Spectator

we are at 26 June in game as of the most recent update. you should be OK

Barquisimeto CAN 
    Spectator

File is up!

Barquisimeto CAN 
    Spectator

Sim #9 is posted!

Barquisimeto CAN 
    Spectator

Sim #10 is up!

Barquisimeto CAN 
    Spectator

Sim #11 posted!

Barquisimeto CAN 
    Spectator

Sim #12 posted. Trade deadline next!

Barquisimeto CAN 
    Spectator

Trade deadline Sim posted!

Bocas del Toro VEN 
    Spectator

One being run today?

Baracoa CUB 
    Spectator

Looks like it was run earlier this evening, going by the exports page.

Maracaibo USA 
    Spectator

@Baracoa (USA) wrote:

Waivers didn’t process?

Maracaibo USA 
    Spectator

@Maracaibo (USA) wrote:

@Baracoa (USA) wrote:

Waivers didn’t process?

Never mind, this always happens at the Trade Deadline sim because only 7 days have passed in the two-sim period instead of 14. Should be all good. Looks right to me.

Erie VEN 
    Spectator

Regardless of whether or not they were run, I thought they were always supposed to be processed so that the proper team’s claim gets put in-game. On this pitcher who everyone’s claiming, Changsha and Maracaibo claimed well after the time when the sim would’ve normally been run…are their claims still valid? Without them, Busan is awarded the pitcher, but with them, Changsha gets the pitcher.

Bonao DOM 
    Spectator

I should be a jerk and just release him, lol.

Santiago de Cuba USA 
    Spectator

@Bonao (DOM) wrote:

Do it! I claimed him first and now I’m about seventh on the list.

Why has a 6/7/5 SP created such a feeding frenzy?

Bonao DOM 
    Spectator

@Santiago de Cuba (USA) wrote:

@Bonao (DOM) wrote:

I think I will. No point in losing a young guy with a cheap contract without making others bid for his services. I hate losing guys for nothing when I see this much interest.

Panama City JPN 
    Spectator

@Bonao (DOM) wrote:

@Bonao (DOM) wrote:

I think I will. No point in losing a young guy with a cheap contract without making others bid for his services. I hate losing guys for nothing when I see this much interest.

When I saw this guy on the waiver wire, I was a little surprised you hadn’t posted him on a trade block before the deadline. You surely could have got something for him.

Busan CUB 
    Spectator

I LIKE JOE’S THINKING ON THIS

Cap_PDT_01_02 @Erie (DOM) wrote:

Regardless of whether or not they were run, I thought they were always supposed to be processed so that the proper team’s claim gets put in-game. On this pitcher who everyone’s claiming, Changsha and Maracaibo claimed well after the time when the sim would’ve normally been run…are their claims still valid? Without them, Busan is awarded the pitcher, but with them, Changsha gets the pitcher.

Bonao DOM 
    Spectator

I doubt it. I was getting pure shit offers for Filorio and Brown and this guy is nowhere near their quality. Whatever, he has been released and is fair game for all. 😀

Vancouver CUB 
    Spectator

Why release a 25 year-old pitcher with potentially useful ratings and a sub 1.00 whip in AAA with 2 options left?

Oh wait, he’s arb-eligible… guess you don’t want to pay him that 577,500 to sit in AAA….

I think there’s a feeding frenzy because it’s a bad move to release him. He had a torn rotator cuff and missed 14 months, then came back to pitch well. There’s a chance he’s not toast.

Barquisimeto CAN 
    Spectator

@Erie (DOM) wrote:

Why process them when the waiver period hasn’t fully passed?

Bonao DOM 
    Spectator

@Vancouver (USA) wrote:

Why release a 25 year-old pitcher with potentially useful ratings and a sub 1.00 whip in AAA with 2 options left?

Oh wait, he’s arb-eligible… guess you don’t want to pay him that 577,500 to sit in AAA….

I think there’s a feeding frenzy because it’s a bad move to release him. He had a torn rotator cuff and missed 14 months, then came back to pitch well. There’s a chance he’s not toast.

I’m not bothered about his salary. He does not have the stats I look for in my pitchers. If he was not on irrevocable waivers, I would have kept him. I have no other choice but to release him since I cannot pull him back. Why allow some other team to have him for peanuts? If he is released, teams have to make bids for him.

Prior to his injury, his ratings were good and he was a part of my long-term plans. After his injury, his ratings took a hit. I have no use for him at his current ratings. Sure, there is a chance he may redeem himself, but I don’t plan on waiting for him to get his shit together. All the best to whichever team signs him.

Barquisimeto CAN 
    Spectator

Thursday sim, postponed to Friday now posted!

Barquisimeto CAN 
    Spectator

Sunday night sim posted!

Barquisimeto CAN 
    Spectator

Sim is posted!

Barquisimeto CAN 
    Spectator

Second last regular season sim posted!

Barquisimeto CAN 
    Spectator

Final regular season sim is posted!

Azua USA 
    Spectator

@Barquisimeto (CUB) wrote:

Final regular season sim is posted!

Trying to update file in game, but it says i have the most recent file and it’s definitely missing the last week… does anyone else have the same issue?

Tijuana VEN 
    Spectator

Nope, updated just fine.

Azua USA 
    Spectator

Interesting… it says I have the most updated file and there are 6 games left. Will try to download the entire file again…

Barquisimeto CAN 
    Spectator

First playoff sim posted.

Barquisimeto CAN 
    Spectator

Final playoff sim posted. Congrats to the champions!

Tijuana VEN 
    Spectator

Will there be a delay in the next sim, or do we have to get everything transferred over to v15 and submitted this evening?

Maracaibo USA 
    Spectator

@Tijuana (VEN) wrote:

Will there be a delay in the next sim, or do we have to get everything transferred over to v15 and submitted this evening?

From Marc’s email:
    ////////////////////////////
    Free Agency #1
    Feb 1-10
    Exports due Friday night

Let’s try to run the next sim on Friday night so we can stay on schedule. If this is a big problem for anyone, start a thread on the forum so we can discuss it.

/////////////////////////////

So we have an extra day to do the download and export in 15.

Tijuana VEN 
    Spectator

Thanks, I was hoping that would be the case.

Bocas del Toro VEN 
    Spectator

I havent used OOTP 15 in an Online League before…do I just check for a new file under File –> Online League –> Download Latest League File? I’m just guessing the sim has been run as Oaxaca has a Bold new export tonight while nobody else does.

If I’m jumping the gun, no worries…just want to make sure I’m not doing something wrong. I am running the latest version.

Mexico City DOM 
    Spectator

That’s the case… They moved it from its more convenient spot in v. 14…

Barquisimeto CAN 
    Spectator

Sim is posted!

Santiago de Cuba USA 
    Spectator

@Bocas del Toro (JPN) wrote:

I havent used OOTP 15 in an Online League before…do I just check for a new file under File –> Online League –> Download Latest League File? I’m just guessing the sim has been run as Oaxaca has a Bold new export tonight while nobody else does.

If I’m jumping the gun, no worries…just want to make sure I’m not doing something wrong. I am running the latest version.

I couldn’t find it either. You’re not alone.

Panama City JPN 
    Spectator

I thought I was missing some obvious place where the “get latest league file” would be, but it seems they just buried this important option in a menu. Should probably file a bug/feature request to move it, like maybe under the “Manager Options” menu, right next to the Export option.

Mexico City DOM 
    Spectator

Agreed! I spent half an hour looking for it when my other online league first switched over…

Incheon KOR 
    Spectator

It doesn’t appear that any of my actions (roster moves, free agent offers, reading messages) in the last export registered in the Friday sim. There were no obvious signs of trouble, such as error messages or an incompatible version of the game. Everything appeared to be working normally.

Vancouver CUB 
    Spectator

Sim is up! Thing appear to be looking good re: player service time issue.

Bocas del Toro VEN 
    Spectator

@Vancouver (USA) wrote:

I get an error when trying to download…also, the Export Page is full of errors now.

Vancouver CUB 
    Spectator

@Bocas del Toro (JPN) wrote:

@Vancouver (USA) wrote:

I get an error when trying to download…also, the Export Page is full of errors now.

My bad. That was just a test file. Marc is uploading one now and will send out an email when it’s up.

Ooops Cap_PDT_01_05

Erie VEN 
    Spectator

I’m getting a “could not download file” error with today’s sim. Anyone else? (Yes I downloaded the updated correct file from Monday.)

Santiago de Cuba USA 
    Spectator

@Erie (DOM) wrote:

I’m getting a “could not download file” error with today’s sim. Anyone else? (Yes I downloaded the updated correct file from Monday.)

Ditto.

Maracaibo USA 
    Spectator

@Erie (DOM) wrote:

Ditto.

Me too. Couldn’t download the file.

Changsha JPN 
    Spectator

same here

Taegu JPN 
    Spectator

I hate to see there is a problem, but i’m glad it wasn’t only me

Hamilton JPN 
    Spectator

me too

Vancouver CUB 
    Spectator

me as well

Hong Kong CUB 
    Spectator

Looks the file didn’t make it up. I’ll check with Gerry about what happened.

Mexico City DOM 
    Spectator

9:30 PDT, file all good for me…

Hamilton JPN 
    Spectator

File seems to be working now here, too.

Erie VEN 
    Spectator

No sim last night?

Barquisimeto CAN 
    Spectator

Working on it still. This one we move the teams so it’s a bit more work.

Erie VEN 
    Spectator

Ahh, ok.

Barquisimeto CAN 
    Spectator

Sim posted.

Barquisimeto CAN 
    Spectator

File is up, sorry for the delay.

Vancouver CUB 
    Spectator

I have asked Gerry to postpone the sim since it went up so late and no email went out. I’ve sent a message to the Commish but he’s likely sleeping. I’m sure he’ll send out the email when he gets up.

Most likely we will be simming tomorrow night and Friday night to keep us on schedule if it meshes with Marc’s and Gerry’s schedules.

Barquisimeto CAN 
    Spectator

First draft sim posted!

Barquisimeto CAN 
    Spectator

Sunday night sim posted. Rounds 2 and 3. Looks like all the draft lists took.

Mexico City DOM 
    Spectator

Did Fridays sim happen?

Santiago de Cuba USA 
    Spectator

@Mexico City (JPN) wrote:

Did Fridays sim happen?

It doesn’t appear that way.

Taegu JPN 
    Spectator

Gerry started the sim last night, but was not able to finish. he expects it will be done today

Tijuana VEN 
    Spectator

Any updates? I did a download this evening and it appears to still be pre-Round 4 of the draft. How much longer do we have in purgatory?

Tijuana VEN 
    Spectator

Hong Kong CUB 
    Spectator

This was overlooked in my testing with OOTP 15. It changed the dates of Spring Training…something I wouldn’t have thought to check, because we’ve been going since 2020 (!) with no change in that schedule.

What happened is, Gerry had simmed ahead, including simming some ST games, but couldn’t roll back because he lacked a pre-sim backup. I didn’t have one either, because I’m in the midst of a bunch of move-related stuff and a work crunch, and hadn’t even updated in-game, but then Ben came through with his backup, and I was able to finally run the sim.

When we have to pass files back and forth, it occasionally takes us some time, because we have one morning and evening person in EST, a semi-night person in EST and then an extreme night person in Asia. So there are sometimes delays when we need to communicate directly. It’s unavoidable.

In October, I will be moving into the UTC-03:00 time zone, which is two hours ahead of EST, so that should improve our ability to communicate in real-time slightly.

Barquisimeto CAN 
    Spectator

First spring training sim is posted. Looks like we’re back on track again!

Barquisimeto CAN 
    Spectator

Second spring training sim posted!

Azua USA 
    Spectator

Hi all — I won’t be able to get to OOTP until early Friday morning. If the regular season sim will be run before then, then can you please make the following changes? (sent same to the WBHcommish gmail account, but just want to make sure I have this one documented). Thanks!

ML moves to get to 25 man rosters
    Demote P Juan Aceuedo to AAA
    Demote P José Gilmontero to AAA
    Demote C Rey Abendano to AAA
    Demote 3B Charro Benabides to AAA
    Release RF Bill Watkins

Minors Releases to get under 100
    AAA
    Release 2B Rafael López
    Release C Geraldo Caro
    Release LF Júlio Ánjel

AA
    Release 3B Jerónimo López
    Release LF Héctor Hernández
    Release C Hyeong-ro Park

A
    Release C Hyun-il Kim
    Release C Elvis Opantojo
    Release SS León Saun
    Release CF Cho-yeong ‘Muscles’ Chong

Taegu JPN 
    Spectator

Marc and Gerry were not able to sim tonight, and I attempted to get it done. after spending 45 minutes on getting the opening day rosters correct (enough) for the sim to run, I noticed that I had simmed two weeks. not sure how that happened since it was set to sim only 7 days. at any rate, I will try again tomorrow (Friday) night if the regular simmers can’t get to it before then.

sorry about that guys, but it’s late now and I need to hit the bed for work tomorrow

Maracaibo USA 
    Spectator

Yeah, I think something went wrong. I’ve got prospects on my big league squad that have never even been on my 40-man.

Status?

Taegu JPN 
    Spectator

I never uploaded my sim, so it wasn’t anything I did

Barquisimeto CAN 
    Spectator

I ran the sim Thursday after we had issues getting it done between Ben and Andrew. If you’ve got players on your roster that you didn’t expect, it was because I had to run AI on your lineup to get your Spring Training and 40 man roster back in order.

Players not added to your 40 man roster (non-roster invites) cause the sim to freeze up, so my only solution is running AI at that point, as editing each team’s roster for them is not an option. Same happens when teams have more than 25 players on their roster.

Maracaibo USA 
    Spectator

I’m sure I was down to 25 guys. I set lineups and rotations for my whole Org and exported fine.

Mexico City DOM 
    Spectator

@Barquisimeto (KOR) wrote:

I ran the sim Thursday after we had issues getting it done between Ben and Andrew.

FYI… New sim is uploaded folks! Week 1 in the bag…

Thanks Gerry!!!

Akashi USA 
    Spectator

@Maracaibo (JPN) wrote:

I’m sure I was down to 25 guys. I set lineups and rotations for my whole Org and exported fine.

Same thing here.

Here are my changes as shown in the transaction log:

Placed LF Ramiro Cisneroz on the 14-day disabled list, retroactive to 04/15/2037.
    Demoted CF Kanezane Kawashima to Triple A Shimizu.
    Placed SP Octávio Verarios on waivers.
    Demoted CL Seung-cheol Kwon to Triple A Shimizu.
    Demoted SP Ji-man Kim to Triple A Shimizu.
    MR Octávio Verarios was designated for assignment and placed on waivers.
    Demoted SP Konosuke Sato to Triple A Shimizu.

Here are the major league changes made by the CPU:

Recalled SP Ji-man Kim from Triple A Shimizu.
    Recalled SP Konosuke Sato from Triple A Shimizu.
    3B Mitsuoki Nakane was designated for assignment and placed on irrevocable waivers.
    3B Mitsuoki Nakane was removed from the 40-man roster.
    Optioned SP Benjamin Meunier to Triple A Shimizu.

The CPU sent down two players and recalled two others. That means that I already had 25 players on my active roster before the CPU decided to rearrange my entire organization.

Santiago de Cuba USA 
    Spectator

I have really major problems too. It looks like exports were taken and then AI was run anyways. I signed some minor league contracts that I definitely offered but there’s call ups that I never would’ve made.

This sim will need to be rerun.

Bocas del Toro VEN 
    Spectator

I have really major problems too. It looks like exports were taken and then AI was run anyways. I signed some minor league contracts that I definitely offered but there’s call ups that I never would’ve made.

It wasn’t run on my team…very strange

Changsha JPN 
    Spectator

Why is the simmer running Ai for a small roster problem. Can the simmer spend 30 sec and make one or two roster waivers. No reason for running the Ai.

Panama City JPN 
    Spectator

@Bocas del Toro (VEN) wrote:

It wasn’t run on my team…very strange

My team was fine, too, no AI. With 56 teams, I am not sure it’s easy for the simmer to check each team, but OOTP in general could be a lot better in this area, and it least make it clear what the problem was that required AI to be run in each case.

And I’m quite happy with the results of the first week of the regular season, too, so rerunning sounds really unattractive.

Santiago de los VEN 
    Spectator

Everything fine here too!

Santiago de Cuba USA 
    Spectator

There’s no way I would’ve brought somebody like SP Han to the majors. I have about five starters in AAA that are better than him. Also, I never use the minor league DL, as evidenced by a pitcher going on the DL retroactive to July 2036.

For the record, here’s the moves that I made:

Signed free agent MR Hikaru Nakamura to a minor league contract.
    Signed free agent 2B Jade Rincóns to a minor league contract.
    Signed free agent 1B Mao Huang to a minor league contract.
    Signed free agent 3B Emílio Leona to a minor league contract.
    Signed free agent 3B Cordell Graves to a minor league contract.
    Signed free agent 1B Al Alonso to a minor league contract.
    Signed free agent MR Ramiro Alatorre to a minor league contract.
    Placed LF Munenori Ishihara on the 60-day disabled list.
    Demoted MR Jorge Moreno to Triple A Agramonte.
    Demoted MR Chi-yong Sin to Triple A Agramonte.
    Demoted 2B Hokichi Kojima to Triple A Agramonte.
    SS Lucien LaPointe was designated for assignment and placed on waivers.
    Placed MR Chi-yong Sin on waivers.

Here’s the moves that AI made:

Recalled MR Jorge Moreno from Triple A Agramonte.
    Recalled MR Chi-yong Sin from Triple A Agramonte.
    Purchased the contract of SP Su-yeong Han from Double A Condado.
    Purchased the contract of RF Doménico Nevárez from Triple A Agramonte.
    Purchased the contract of CF Fraco Gonazález from Triple A Agramonte.
    1B Norberto Raspaledos was designated for assignment and placed on waivers (from active).
    MR Julián Auces was designated for assignment and placed on waivers (from active).
    1B Norberto Raspaledos was removed from the 40-man roster.
    MR Julián Auces was removed from the 40-man roster.
    SP Jimmy Primmer was placed on the 40-man roster.
    Optioned MR Jorge Moreno to Triple A Agramonte.
    Promoted SP Lorenzo Alcominaras from Double A Condado to Triple A Agramonte.
    Promoted C Héctor Azcona from Double A Condado to Triple A Agramonte.
    Promoted SS Álex Devesus from Double A Condado to Triple A Agramonte.
    Optioned RF Jesús Perea to Triple A Agramonte.
    Demoted SP Kiyohisa Nagamoto from Triple A Agramonte to Double A Condado.
    Promoted SP Manny Noriega from Single A Caimito del Guayabal to Double A Condado.
    Demoted MR Rafi Gradias from Triple A Agramonte to Double A Condado.
    Demoted C Pancho Mojardín from Triple A Agramonte to Double A Condado.
    Promoted SS Shirai Ogawa from Single A Caimito del Guayabal to Double A Condado.
    Demoted LF Yasuo Inouye from Triple A Agramonte to Double A Condado.
    Demoted SP Severo Rozales from Double A Condado to Single A Caimito del Guayabal.
    Demoted MR Maxim Bakboord from Double A Condado to Single A Caimito del Guayabal.
    Demoted CF José Robles from Double A Condado to Single A Caimito del Guayabal.
    Demoted MR Guillermo Velasque from Double A Condado to Single A Caimito del Guayabal.
    Demoted RF Kata Ikeda from Double A Condado to Single A Caimito del Guayabal.
    Promoted SP Kiyohisa Nagamoto from Double A Condado to Triple A Agramonte.
    Demoted MR Jorge Moreno from Triple A Agramonte to Double A Condado.
    Placed SP George Luzania on the USA Tertiary Affilition 15-day disabled list, retroactive to 07/19/2036.

Barquisimeto CAN 
    Spectator

It’s more than just having too many players on your active roster now, the sim said that there were teams with non-roster invites not on the 40-man roster, so this is also now something OOTP 15 handles a little differently.

I’m not going to edit each teams roster, as I have no idea how teams want to handle players and the time it would take would be quite extensive. Editing someone’s roster is not a 30 second solution unless I’m randomly releasing players. Doubt anyone wants that.

About 20 teams needed their rosters reset to 25 players and another 10 or so had non-roster invites that had to be dealt with.

Santiago de Cuba USA 
    Spectator

It’s more than just having too many players on your active roster now, the sim said that there were teams with non-roster invites not on the 40-man roster, so this is also now something OOTP 15 handles a little differently.

What!? What does that mean? You didn’t think we should know about that?

I’m not even sure that I had a non-roster player on my roster. (Then again, I don’t know what that means…)

Taegu JPN 
    Spectator

the “non-roster invitees” are minor league call-ups not on the 40-man roster

this is a totally new thing for OOTP. I had a 2b prospect (not on the 40-man) that I fully intended to give the 2b job to. called him up prior to ST, and had him playing through ST to work him in. I had no idea (and how anyone would is beyond me) that he needed to be moved to the 40-man to avoid this error.

like a number of others, I thought just getting down to 25 like we always have was the thing to do. I guess that’s not the case any longer.

Akashi USA 
    Spectator

It’s more than just having too many players on your active roster now, the sim said that there were teams with non-roster invites not on the 40-man roster

That’s the first I’ve heard of non-roster spring training invites in OOTP. That’s apparently what screwed me. I thought I added veteran SP Benjamin Meunier to my 40-man roster at the start of spring training, but apparently only added him to my spring training roster. When he survived the final roster cut it must have been flagged as a roster violation. Instead of just adding him to my 40-man roster, OOTP fixed the problem by making 36 roster moves throughout my entire organization. Cap_PDT_01_15

Tijuana VEN 
    Spectator

Going to have to compare notes before next year. I had did not have one AI induced change to the organization. No clue how I escaped while others had major disruptions. We need to work this through, figure out who did what and what the result was. I can work within whatever the “system” sets up, but I HATE surprises of this variety, and I send all with the roster issues my sympathies.

I did not have my 40 man filled, I think I had 5 open slots, but had set all of the active rosters for ML and all minor leagues… did not go beyond the 40 man for Spring Training roster.

Maracaibo USA 
    Spectator

@Tijuana (VEN) wrote:

Going to have to compare notes before next year. I had did not have one AI induced change to the organization. No clue how I escaped while others had major disruptions. We need to work this through, figure out who did what and what the result was. I can work within whatever the “system” sets up, but I HATE surprises of this variety, and I send all with the roster issues my sympathies.

I did not have my 40 man filled, I think I had 5 open slots, but had set all of the active rosters for ML and all minor leagues… did not go beyond the 40 man for Spring Training roster.

I had and still have 10 spots available on my 40-man. None of the explanations above make any sense. This thing re-arranged my ENTIRE ORG when it could have just added a non-roster guy to my 40-man? I don’t even think I HAD any non-roster invites.

In any case, if this was happening with ~20 teams, the sim simply shouldn’t have been run. Why go through with it? An email should have gone out telling everyone to get their rosters fixed and the sim delayed by two days.

My whole system is effed up now. Promoted guys will be mad if sent back down to a lower level and the service time for my three elite promoted-to-early prospects is all dorked up now. The transaction log is showing 44 transactions in my minors as a result of this. This isn’t right!

Mexico City DOM 
    Spectator

All looks fine on our end – all transactions listed are ones we made – plus we have 11 spots on our 40-man still available.

This whole thing – from the draft through this, has become a horrible mess. Let’s not forget how hard it’s to manage the a large league and get the summing done! Thanks to all those working behind the scenes!

That said, after a 1-5 start to the year, a rewind would certainly be welcomed! Cap_PDT_01_05

Barquisimeto CAN 
    Spectator

Sunday night sim is posted

Santiago de Cuba USA 
    Spectator

Sunday night sim is posted

You’re got to be kidding me. Several people are calling for a re-sim, half the league didn’t export because of problems and you run another sim!?

Tijuana VEN 
    Spectator

The email that went out yesterday and the notice on the sim forum indicated that the next sim is THURSDAY night… are we skipping the Tuesday night sim this week? or was that a typo?

Taegu JPN 
    Spectator

Marc sent the email and I just copy/pasted in the forum. i’d wager it’s just a typo, and I would expect a sim tonight.

Santiago de Cuba USA 
    Spectator

I just sent a PM to Marc to get him to weigh in on this debacle. I don’t see how anybody can be alright with moving ahead. It’s not like it’s just me. Several long-tenured GMs, who’ve been here for years, all had the same problem. Rules changed and we weren’t made aware of it.

The season should be restarted immediately.

Barquisimeto CAN 
    Spectator

Sim #3 posted.

Bob, I would suggest settling down. All you’ve done is whine to the forums and never brought this up in the Board discussion group. If you want a solution, this is not how to go about it.

1. Non-roster invites was in the OOTP 15 release information. You chose to use it without understanding it.

2. No one lost anyone of significance on waivers. If this was the case, it would have been fixed.

3. I’m sure we could adjust rosters if anyone had any serious issues with service time, prospects, etc.

We’re not restarting the season over something this minor. There’s solutions to this, but your behaviour as a board member is quite unbecoming.

Santiago de Cuba USA 
    Spectator

Sim #3 posted.

Bob, I would suggest settling down. All you’ve done is whine to the forums and never brought this up in the Board discussion group. If you want a solution, this is not how to go about it.

1. Non-roster invites was in the OOTP 15 release information. You chose to use it without understanding it.

2. No one lost anyone of significance on waivers. If this was the case, it would have been fixed.

3. I’m sure we could adjust rosters if anyone had any serious issues with service time, prospects, etc.

We’re not restarting the season over something this minor. There’s solutions to this, but your behaviour as a board member is quite unbecoming.

There’s a reason that I haven’t brought it up on the board discussion forum: I can’t. I’m not on the BoD.

Since you’re willing to adjust rosters with issues, I’ll send you a PM of things that need to be fixed.

Mexico City DOM 
    Spectator

Odd sim behavior – I got mail for some other team, maybe Maracibo, but not for my own…

Toluca KOR 
    Spectator

Odd sim behavior – I got mail for some other team, maybe Maracibo, but not for my own…

I assume you mean in game email….

that actually happens quite a bit, in all my leagues. More often if I am a sim or two behind, or when the simmer has extra days included in the sim upload (sim is 7 days, but the simmer uploads 14 days worth of news, reports, emails, etc.)

Barquisimeto CAN 
    Spectator

Sim is posted

Santiago de Cuba USA 
    Spectator

My export wasn’t taken but the tracker shows that I did export. Anybody else with the same problem?

Panama City JPN 
    Spectator

My export wasn’t taken but the tracker shows that I did export. Anybody else with the same problem?

Pretty sure my export took.

Barquisimeto CAN 
    Spectator

Sim was posted earlier this afternoon.

Barquisimeto CAN 
    Spectator

Sim went up early this morning.

Barquisimeto CAN 
    Spectator

File is posted!

Mexico City DOM 
    Spectator

It looks like waiver claims were ignored this past sim? Will they be honored as is next sim?

Barquisimeto CAN 
    Spectator

It looks like waiver claims were ignored this past sim? Will they be honored as is next sim?

Barber still had 14 days remaining at beginning of sim, so he wasn’t passed through waivers yet.

Mexico City DOM 
    Spectator

Barber still had 14 days remaining at beginning of sim, so he wasn’t passed through waivers yet.

Shouldn’t he then still be listed on the waiver list? Or is something wonky with my file/OOTP/brain? I will say I’ve been seeing very few players listed in general (as compared to previous seasons). I’ve no filters set and all players is selected, so I’m confused…

Barquisimeto CAN 
    Spectator

Shouldn’t he then still be listed on the waiver list? Or is something wonky with my file/OOTP/brain? I will say I’ve been seeing very few players listed in general (as compared to previous seasons). I’ve no filters set and all players is selected, so I’m confused…

I put your claim in, but it was rejected as well. Likely was then pulled back off waivers.

Barquisimeto CAN 
    Spectator

Sim posted

Barquisimeto CAN 
    Spectator

Sim is posted

Barquisimeto CAN 
    Spectator

sim is posted

Barquisimeto CAN 
    Spectator

Trade deadline sim posted.

Barquisimeto CAN 
    Spectator

Sim posted!

Philadelphia USA 
    Spectator

Next Sim?

Barquisimeto CAN 
    Spectator

Sim is posted

Panama City JPN 
    Spectator

Sim is posted

Something is amiss with the downloaded file. Guillermo Faba, OF from Tijuana, is on my ML roster, and now I have 26 total players on the active roster.

Panama City JPN 
    Spectator

@Panama City (VEN) wrote:

Sim is posted

Something is amiss with the downloaded file. Guillermo Faba, OF from Tijuana, is on my ML roster, and now I have 26 total players on the active roster.

Looks like a waiver mishap, probably only Panama City roster affected.

Barquisimeto CAN 
    Spectator

Sim posted

Barquisimeto CAN 
    Spectator

Sim posted

Barquisimeto CAN 
    Spectator

Sim posted

Barquisimeto CAN 
    Spectator

Final Regular season sim posted.

Barquisimeto CAN 
    Spectator

First Playoff Sim posted!

Barquisimeto CAN 
    Spectator

Final Playoff sim posted. Congrats to the winners!

Philadelphia USA 
    Spectator

My download doesn’t have the finals… I still have Jackals up 3-0 in Japan…

Don’t see arbitration option either..

Barquisimeto CAN 
    Spectator

Might have to manually download the file and import it into your game. Sounds like it worked out fine for others.

Philadelphia USA 
    Spectator

Ok. Will re download the league file.

La Habana KOR 
    Spectator

Is this for today’s sim or last sim?

Philadelphia USA 
    Spectator

@La Habana (CUB) wrote:

Is this for today’s sim or last sim?

I was having trouble with the sim due Tuesday Night. After I Re-downloaded it worked fine..

Nagasaki VEN 
    Spectator

Was there a sim last night? Is there usually a notification on the boards or through email when a sim is completed?

Panama City JPN 
    Spectator

Based on the export tracker, the last sim was the championship sim.

http://files.worldbaseballhierarchy.com/exports/exports.php

Barquisimeto CAN 
    Spectator

@nagasaki (VEN) wrote:

Was there a sim last night? Is there usually a notification on the boards or through email when a sim is completed?

Not yet, will be shortly though.

Tokorozawa DOM 
    Spectator

Was there a sim? if so, I’m not able to see it. Maybe i need to redownload the complete league file?

I’m assuming there was since players are being claimed on waivers that I can’t see on the waiver wire.

Nagasaki VEN 
    Spectator

Some response or communication here would be great. Being the new guy, I’m not sure how things like this are usually sent to the league.

Santiago de Cuba USA 
    Spectator

This is still the last sim of 2037. We’re waiting on the first sim of 2038.

Taegu JPN 
    Spectator

to help clear up the confusion, I updated the Sims forum.

as Bob said, we are done with 2037, and waiting on the sim that will cover arbitration and the offseason up to 2038.

Nagasaki VEN 
    Spectator

There is usually a sim on Tuesday’s correct? We typically sim Tuesday, Thursday Saturday?

Panama City JPN 
    Spectator

@nagasaki (VEN) wrote:

There is usually a sim on Tuesday’s correct? We typically sim Tuesday, Thursday Saturday?

The exports are always said to be due on Tuesday, Thursday, and Sunday evening. Sims happen some time after that. Sometimes there is a post here, sometimes there is an e-mail. None of it is very consistent. I’ve been around here for three seasons, and my only minor complaint is the inconsistency of sims and communications when they happen.

Moca DOM 
    Spectator

The last sim of the season into the start of the next season generally takes a little longer then most. A lot of things behind the scenes need to be done like budgets and such.

In the old days this used to take around a week. Lately we have been a bit spoiled b/c Marc has turned these sims around quite quickly.

You also have to remember we are undergoing quite a change to the heirarchy with the new level 4. This could require a few back ups and tests. We don’t want to get 2 sims into the FA and have someone find out, well crud something we did collapsed the whole thing and we have to rewind to last sim of this season. I have been here a long time and normal off seasons took a while, but when you have a major change like this we want to get it right the first time.

Sit tight and I think he will let us know in a day or so. Enjoy the little R and R and then we will be back at it before ya know it!

Bocas del Toro VEN 
    Spectator

The communication has really dropped over the past few seasons…it’s not a big deal to me if we wait a week afte the season before we move on, that happens quite often. But could we not get a 5 second email saying when things are going to ramp back up again. It’s the same thing when sims are missed, I realize life gets in the way, but nothing gets communicated anymore…it’s just frustrating, and probably even more so for the new guys.

Panama City JPN 
    Spectator

The communication has really dropped over the past few seasons…it’s not a big deal to me if we wait a week afte the season before we move on, that happens quite often. But could we not get a 5 second email saying when things are going to ramp back up again. It’s the same thing when sims are missed, I realize life gets in the way, but nothing gets communicated anymore…it’s just frustrating, and probably even more so for the new guys.

Yes, please! Delays are fine, lack of communication on when to expect the next sim is getting frustrating.

Santiago de Cuba USA 
    Spectator

Ditto. I think it’s a Gerry thing. Marc had to take a step back for a little bit (maybe moving?) and things have slipped because of it. I’d like to see more communication and sims run at a more consistent time.

La Habana KOR 
    Spectator

Yeah going to have to jump on the bandwagon, and agree with the prevailing wind blowing through here! Cap_PDT_01_01

Bocas del Toro VEN 
    Spectator

I don’t want to complain cause I know it’s a thankless job and often times people get busy and life gets in the way, so if the simmers are finding it’s too tough to run, I don’t mind helping out. I haven’t run sims before in any league, but I’m very experienced with OOTP and have lots of IT experience, so I know what I’m doing on computers.

As long as the information is provided on what I need to do, I would be more than willing to help out.

Toluca KOR 
    Spectator

I agree that communication could be better, but I also understand (or at least think I do) what sometimes happens.

I think there is a lot of communication amongst the simmers and the commish when things go off schedule, but the problem is that they are often on very different time zones. So replies to questions may take 12 hours, sometimes more. Also, working on a file this size I am sure can take a couple of hours if there are issues to resolve. Multiple attempts could take even longer.

That said, if we could ask the simmer, or who ever is in the know, to just shoot an email out that says “Mother F*^$(#ing file problems… sim delayed.”

I personally don’t even need an explanation, just an email, or post. And I also realize, since I have been a commish/simmer before, how much of a pain in the ass that is to do after spending hours trying to resolve an issue. But, I do feel it is important to keep the peons happy and content.

Barquisimeto CAN 
    Spectator

Sim is posted!

Barquisimeto CAN 
    Spectator

File is up!

Barquisimeto CAN 
    Spectator

File is posted. Will get better on schedule within a week or so, it’s just been a crazy time of the year for me right now.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

JOIN US

If you would like to join, send us a message with a little bit about you and your OOTP history.

Sending

©2019 World Baseball Hierarchy

or

or    

Forgot your details?

Skip to toolbar