Newbie Question

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Barquisimeto CAN 4 years, 5 months ago.

• Author
     Mao DOM 
    Spectator

With the last spring training sim coming Monday I figured I would ask a newbie question(lots more to come). Right now I have 40/50 on the Mao Spring training roster. I have to drop players to minor league and get that number to a 25 man started roster by Monday correct?

Erie VEN 
    Spectator

Yes, and also make sure that if you’re going to keep any non-roster invitees (minor league players without * next to their name), you need to manually add them to the 40-man roster or else you will be fined for keeping them up in the majors.

Mexico City DOM 
    Spectator

@Mao (VEN) wrote:

With the last spring training sim coming Monday I figured I would ask a newbie question(lots more to come). Right now I have 40/50 on the Mao Spring training roster. I have to drop players to minor league and get that number to a 25 man started roster by Monday correct?

Actually you have to drop down to 25 after Monday’s sim, before Wednesday’s. Who you may want to drop are guys with minor league contracts so they don’t become major league deals. Joe is right about adding guys to the 25 man roster before opening day…

Erie VEN 
    Spectator

From last sim’s email:

“Hey all:

We’re up to April 24 in-game.

There is one more sim remaining before the start of the regular season. This is the time to send down guys from Spring Training that you want to stay on minor league contracts.

——
    NEXT SIM

Spring Training #3
    Apr 24 – May 1
    Exports due Monday morning

– send down people you want on minor league contracts
    – make sure you give ML contracts to any non-roster invitees staying up (this is fineable!)”

Taegu JPN 
    Spectator

well his question was truly a two-part question, and was difficult to provide a single answer.

have to drop players to minor league (question 1) and get that number to a 25 man started roster (question 2) by Monday correct

Question 1 – Yes, PRIOR TO MONDAY’s sim, demote all players that you want to remain on a minor league contract. If a player is currently on a minor league contract, and you do not send him down prior to Monday’s sim, he will automatically be assigned a league minimum ML contract ($350k).

Question 2 – You do not have to have your roster down to 25 men until after Spring Training is over. You may cut down to 25 guys if you wish prior to Monday; however, it is not necessary (excepting those players that fit into Question 1 above). Guys that are currently on a ML contract that have option years may or may not be sent down now (your choice). I do not believe these player are affected any differently whether you wait to demote or not.

Players with no options remaining – We used to not these players to be waived/DFA’ed prior to the end of ST. I am not sure if this still applies. However, I think you are better off waiting on DFA’ing these guys until the sim just before Regular Season Sim #1 (when you MUST be down to 25 men). If you waive/DFA anyone prior to the end of ST, the simmer would need to remove guys manually which resulted in fines (since this was troublesome for the simmer and delayed the sim).

Mao DOM 
    Spectator

Thanks for the clarification.

Barquisimeto CAN 
    Spectator

This is no longer the case. With the Spring Training sims set to 14 days, players are now available on waivers as it matches the claiming time. This was part of the reason to go to 3 sims for Spring Training.

@Taegu (VEN) wrote:

Question 2 – You do not have to have your roster down to 25 men until after Spring Training is over. You may cut down to 25 guys if you wish prior to Monday; however, it is not necessary (excepting those players that fit into Question 1 above). Guys that are currently on a ML contract that have option years may or may not be sent down now (your choice). I do not believe these player are affected any differently whether you wait to demote or not.

Players with no options remaining – We used to not these players to be waived/DFA’ed prior to the end of ST. I am not sure if this still applies. However, I think you are better off waiting on DFA’ing these guys until the sim just before Regular Season Sim #1 (when you MUST be down to 25 men). If you waive/DFA anyone prior to the end of ST, the simmer would need to remove guys manually which resulted in fines (since this was troublesome for the simmer and delayed the sim).

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

JOIN US

If you would like to join, send us a message with a little bit about you and your OOTP history.

Sending

©2019 World Baseball Hierarchy

or

or    

Forgot your details?

Skip to toolbar