My exports are not getting into the game

This topic contains 12 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Mexico City DOM 5 years ago.

• Author
     Seoul KOR 
    Spectator

Apparently my export for this prior sim was not imported into the game. I do not believe it was by any mistake of my own. Another export was not imported a few sims ago, which was an important export for my team, where I attempted to release a $20,000,000 contract.

Is there a way, that I can assure that my export will be taken by the game?

I just made my export with a list for the second and third rounds of the draft. What can I do now, to assure that this export will be successfully imported?

What I would really like is a redo. I’m not sure anybody else in the league would be willing to go that far.

Vancouver CUB 
    Spectator

Anyone else have any problems? Post them here. It’s possible there was an issue with the imports but I know I’ve made offers and moves every sim and I have had no issue.

I’m reaching here but is there any way you could have accidentally exported to file instead of export via FTP?

@Seoul (KOR) wrote:

Is there a way, that I can assure that my export will be taken by the game?

Best way to be sure your export takes is to export, then make some changes, then import team via FTP. This should undo any changes you’ve made since you exported. If it does, you’re good to go.

Tijuana VEN 
    Spectator

No problems here

Seoul KOR 
    Spectator

I exported to FTP. Could one of the people running the league check the date and time on my latest export file? It would help to know if the files are even reaching the server, and perhaps if they did reach at the appropriate time, I would know that the problem is related to how it is being imported.

Something is not working properly. If nobody else is having a problem, it’s probably on my end. But I don’t know how to figure out how to fix it.

Seoul KOR 
    Spectator

The puzzling part about this is that it is hit or miss. Some of my exports are making it into the game and some are not. So it’s not as if something is completely broken on my end.

Tijuana VEN 
    Spectator

I always check the “Exports” link on the home page before each sim

Seoul KOR 
    Spectator

Thanks Gordon! That’s what I need to start doing after my exports.

My latest export is the one I made today. At least I can see it got out there for the next rounds.

Taegu JPN 
    Spectator

by no means scientific, but i have made it a habit to export my file 3 to 5 times in succession, in all leagues.

i began doing that after seeing issues with my file apparently not being taken, and after i started spamming my export like that, the problems greatly reduced.

Seoul KOR 
    Spectator

Thanks Ben, It’s good to know I’m not the only one who’s had trouble 🙂 I think I’ll start doing that as well.

I was just able to check that my new export updated the time of the file. It seems like the time on the export page is Western Time Zone.

Panama City JPN 
    Spectator

My export also didn’t take. I did check the export tracker. Pretty sure I downloaded the latest league file before exporting. Too bad, had the #2 pick and did not get the guy I wanted.

First time failure for me – all my previous exports in the past season and this off-season were all good.

Oh, well, the draft pool sucked anyway.

Edit: I’m questioning if I really downloaded the latest league file before I exported. I guess I’m not 100% sure now.

Seoul KOR 
    Spectator

I think I ended up doing really well in the draft this year, despite not getting my top man in the #1 spot. I had difficulty picking from my top three anyway. Then I got the next two guys on my list. So I can’t complain. Plus, you never know who’s gonna pan out from their draft list ratings.

Hukuoka CUB 
    Spectator

@Tijuana (DOM) wrote:

I always check the “Exports” link on the home page before each sim

Do not…I repeat…DO NOT base your exports on what that page gives out as info. I have exported every single time an export was needed since I joined the league and that page has ALWAYS shown my team as “No export”.

Therefore, the info on that page is NOT appropriate and precise.

Mexico City DOM 
    Spectator

Moral of the story – always export multiple times – and one extra right before the deadline, just to be sure…

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

JOIN US

If you would like to join, send us a message with a little bit about you and your OOTP history.

Sending

©2020 World Baseball Hierarchy

or

or    

Forgot your details?

Skip to toolbar