Manager starting RP over SP

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Marc Vose 3 years, 3 months ago.

• Author
     Tocumen 
    Participant

perhaps this a sign of how bad my pitching is… but I find it frustrating when my manager skips a rested SP and gives the start to a rested RP. Not only do I disagree with the decision, but it really messed up my bullpen because my setup man goes out and throws 80 pitches, and is then usless for the next 3 or 4 days. I’ve tried to deal with this is the player strategy, but I can’t seem to prevent this.

does anyone else have this problem? Is “rogue manager” just something I have to live with as a GM?

Thanks,

I haven’t noticed any problem like that in a long time. I use “strict order” and check the box that starters are not allowed to be used as relievers. I do need to keep an eye on the rotation, especially when I make changes to assure that all starters will be rested on the day of their start.

Tocumen 
    Participant

Ok I must have something wrong! We have simmed two weeks now, and my number 2 starter has zero starts and zero innings pitched! What is going on?

Marc Vose 
    Participant

Make sure you don’t have 7-day lineups active, too. That can cause strange behavior if you have it on, but don’t tend to it each sim.

Once I turned it on for the playoffs, forgot, and started the next season with it on. Oops…

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

JOIN US

If you would like to join, send us a message with a little bit about you and your OOTP history.

Sending

©2019 World Baseball Hierarchy

or

or    

Forgot your details?

Skip to toolbar