IMPORTANT: Please read regarding Export Issues

This topic contains 36 replies, has 14 voices, and was last updated by  Mexico City DOM 5 years, 2 months ago.

• Author
     Barquisimeto CAN 
    Spectator

It seems we’re getting a little lost in the last week or so and I just want to fix some of the issues that we created when I ran the first draft sim incorrectly.

I’ve set the File on the Server back to the one which has the first round completed with exports included. I would like to ask everyone to download this file and manually import it into OOTP. It will need to be downloaded here through the site:
    http://files.worldbaseballhierarchy.com/exports/WBH.lg.tar.gz

This will get us back on track. The next sim will be Thursday 10pm ET with us resuming rounds 2 and 3 at that time.

Gerry

Santiago de Cuba USA 
    Spectator

Thanks for handling this.

Santiago de Cuba USA 
    Spectator

This latest file is missing team logos.

Santiago de Cuba USA 
    Spectator

I’m getting this error when exporting: “Could not upload file. Error-201: Connect error.”

Mexico City DOM 
    Spectator

@Barquisimeto (KOR) wrote:

It seems we’re getting a little lost in the last week or so and I just want to fix some of the issues that we created when I ran the first draft sim incorrectly.

I’ve set the File on the Server back to the one which has the first round completed with exports included. I would like to ask everyone to download this file and manually import it into OOTP. It will need to be downloaded here through the site:

This will get us back on track. The next sim will be Thursday 10pm ET with us resuming rounds 2 and 3 at that time.

Gerry

Gerry, when you say exports included, what exactly do you mean? After Sundays round 2&3 sim, I set my lists for rounds 3 and beyond, then uploaded. Will I need to recreate, or will these be included?

Vancouver CUB 
    Spectator

@Santiago de Cuba (USA) wrote:

I’m getting this error when exporting: “Could not upload file. Error-201: Connect error.”

Same here. And all the logos, uniforms, etc are also missing, and the file was only 48.8 MB zipped, 211 unzipped.

Vancouver CUB 
    Spectator

@Mexico City (JPN) wrote:

Gerry, when you say exports included, what exactly do you mean? After Sundays round 2&3 sim, I set my lists for rounds 3 and beyond, then uploaded. Will I need to recreate, or will these be included?

If we do get it back running, he means we will back up to the completion of round #1 with original exports included. Any draft lists exported prior to the 1st round should remain intact. Any draft lists exported after the botched sims will have to be re-submitted.

Vancouver CUB 
    Spectator

If I copy and paste my old settings folder into the new league folder I can export.

I’m not confident this is the proper solution, but it appears that’s why we can’t export.

Also, this latest tar.gz file won’t automatically extract to a .lg folder, it needs to be extracted in to something.lg where something is whatever you want to call it.

This will eventually get hammered out.

Taegu JPN 
    Spectator

did you guys put the tar.gz file into the import_export folder?

Tijuana VEN 
    Spectator

You know whats going to happen.. we’re going to do this all over and someone is not going to get the message and the 2nd/3rd round sim, which worked for them before is going to be lost, and they will complain that they were screwed.

While I appreciate the efforts which have been made to “make things right”, and I truly hope we get a clean sim, I am afraid that we may trading one set of problems for another.

Gordon

Vancouver CUB 
    Spectator

@Tijuana (VEN) wrote:

You know whats going to happen.. we’re going to do this all over and someone is not going to get the message and the 2nd/3rd round sim, which worked for them before is going to be lost, and they will complain that they were screwed.

While I appreciate the efforts which have been made to “make things right”, and I truly hope we get a clean sim, I am afraid that we may trading one set of problems for another.

Gordon

I would agree with you if an email had been sent out on Saturday saying there was a new file. Anyone who didn’t visit the forums has no idea what is going on. I for one would love to plow ahead because I liked my picks and they likely won’t be as good now, but in the interest of fair play we need to get this right. Yes, there will still be people who miss the message, or screw up their lists, but it won’t be because of a lack of effort on our part.

This is what I proposed to the board:

@Vancouver (USA) wrote:

No way we can get 56 people on the same page on this one. Marc needs to get a league-wide email out, and a proper full league file on the server, followed by two full days before another sim is run to get us back on track.

I am under the impression that 2/3 of the league thinks everything is hunky-dory. Anyone who doesn’t visit the forums has no idea what’s going on.

Guess this is what I get for complaining the draft takes too long Cap_PDT_01_02

It kills me to have the draft drag on like this but once we iron this out it should be smooth sailing. We probably should have skipped the labor day sim, as we do for some holidays.

Toluca KOR 
    Spectator

so

we should also get a league wide email about this new solution, just to make sure everyone is aware.

Akashi USA 
    Spectator

@Barquisimeto (KOR) wrote:

Gerry

Would the alternative of just deleting the online_league_file_time.cfg file from the settings directory and rerunning the in-game download work?

Taegu JPN 
    Spectator

I can send an email, but I am waiting on making sure Gerry’s file (and Rick’s fix) work. seems like there are issues.

Gerry, Marc and myself have been communicating on where to go. sounds like a release of the full file is an option, but we will keep you posted.

It would be pointless to send a sim email to tell people to do something that won’t work, or is too complex. I would expect an email from Marc soon.

Cap_PDT_01_28

Philadelphia USA 
    Spectator

@Taegu (JPN) wrote:

did you guys put the tar.gz file into the import_export folder?

Just found this thread…

I’ve always just unzipped my file into the folder…

How do I get it to load by adding to the import_export folder?

Taegu JPN 
    Spectator

I just asked that because that’s where that particular file is located. just thought an overwrite of that is what needed to be done.

Santiago de los VEN 
    Spectator

I put my original file back and then downloaded in game and am back at the end of round 1 game date March 21st with all logos and images intact.

Mexico City DOM 
    Spectator

I always replace piece by piece into the existing folder, whenever it have to do a total DL – that seems to always work…

Tijuana VEN 
    Spectator

@Taegu (JPN) wrote:

I can send an email, but I am waiting on making sure Gerry’s file (and Rick’s fix) work. seems like there are issues.

Gerry, Marc and myself have been communicating on where to go. sounds like a release of the full file is an option, but we will keep you posted.

It would be pointless to send a sim email to tell people to do something that won’t work, or is too complex. I would expect an email from Marc soon.

Cap_PDT_01_28

That’s right, woodchuck-chuckers – it’s…GROUNDHOG DAY! Cap_PDT_01_32 Cap_PDT_01_32 Cap_PDT_01_32

Mexico City DOM 
    Spectator

For those of you who had already uploaded your rounds 4+ draft lists, after re-downloading the round 1 sim, you can ‘Import from ftp’ and reclaim that round 4+ upload!!! and not have to do all that work again. Simply front load rounds 2 & 3 and your set to go!!

Phew…

Taegu JPN 
    Spectator

As suggested by Alan, I updated my game file, and everything is as it should be.

So, at least for me, it was a simple process and I didn’t have to fool with any other files:
    1. download Gerry’s file and extract to the import_export folder
    2. update in game

all images are intact and I have no problems exporting. I will be sending a league email in order to get the word out so that we can continue, and everyone has ample notice. due to the issues (which seem to be resolved at this point), I say we sim on Friday night. I haven’t heard from Gerry or Marc whether or not this is an issue, but it seems tonight will be too soon following the email.

Tijuana VEN 
    Spectator

I too took care of thing last night. Copied the files that Gerry posted above into their proper folders, signed in, verified that all of my rounds 2-10 were as they should be (they were) and ftp’ed back up. Took 5 minutes.

Changsha JPN 
    Spectator

I followed the first directions and downloaded the file and put it in saved games directory. I am getting
    “Could not upload file. Error-201: Connect error.”[/quote]

The new directions say to put it in an import export file. I don’t know about putting it in the import/export file.

Philadelphia USA 
    Spectator

Maybe its just me..

But how do you manually import it into OOTP..

I downloaded the file. Extracted the RAR file in to my WBH.lg import_export folder.

Closed the game and reloaded..

Clicked on File -> Online -> Download Latest League File

Received no update league file.

I’m assuming that this is where I should be and I need to reset up round 2 and round 3…

@Taegu (JPN) wrote:

As suggested by Alan, I updated my game file, and everything is as it should be.

So, at least for me, it was a simple process and I didn’t have to fool with any other files:
    1. download Gerry’s file and extract to the import_export folder
    2. update in game

all images are intact and I have no problems exporting. I will be sending a league email in order to get the word out so that we can continue, and everyone has ample notice. due to the issues (which seem to be resolved at this point), I say we sim on Friday night. I haven’t heard from Gerry or Marc whether or not this is an issue, but it seems tonight will be too soon following the email.

Erie VEN 
    Spectator

I followed the directions and was successful. (Extracting to the export_import folder is something I’ve never done before, but it did work for me.)

Vancouver CUB 
    Spectator

Extract it to the import-export folder or just put it in the import-export folder? Bad time of year to be throwing curveballs. That’s what I meant when I said we’ll never get 56 people on the same page. Just do it like we always do it.

This is what I did:

Download the full league file from the front page. Extract and put it in the saved games folder just like it’s the beginning of the season. Open the game – should be February something. Update in game. We’re at 3/21 with the 1st round complete, my original list intact,and I am able to export.

For those of you who had already uploaded your rounds 4+ draft lists, after re-downloading the round 1 sim, you can ‘Import from ftp’ and reclaim that round 4+ upload!!! and not have to do all that work again. Simply front load rounds 2 & 3 and your set to go!!

Phew…

This might work, but I wouldn’t trust it. It’s possible that you would import information from an incompatible file – if that’s the case your export may not take. Personally I think it’s best to make new lists rather than risk it.

Philadelphia USA 
    Spectator

I followed the instructions.. But I’m not sure how to tell if it worked… I thought I could click on Check for New File which would download the latest update then redo my list.

I think I will follow Bob’s instructions (Download full league file) and try to catch up from there..

Thanks…

@Erie (DOM) wrote:

I followed the directions and was successful. (Extracting to the export_import folder is something I’ve never done before, but it did work for me.)

Mexico City DOM 
    Spectator

@Vancouver (USA) wrote:

This might work, but I wouldn’t trust it. It’s possible that you would import information from an incompatible file – if that’s the case your export may not take. Personally I think it’s best to make new lists rather than risk it.

Well, it does show a current export for me. I also tested it by making a move to my roster, then exporting again, then undoing the move, then ‘Importing from FTP’ – which undid the change (as it should have!). If there were any compatibility issues, I’d hope it’d had shown up there…

Fingers are crossed, though…

Vancouver CUB 
    Spectator

@Philadelphia (JPN) wrote:

I think I will follow Bob’s instructions (Download full league file) and try to catch up from there..

I’ve been called worse Cap_PDT_01_05

Well, it does show a current export for me. I also tested it by making a move to my roster, then exporting again, then undoing the move, then ‘Importing from FTP’ – which undid the change (as it should have!). If there were any compatibility issues, I’d hope it’d had shown up there…

I will cross my fingers for you too. The only reason I worry is because when you export, you’re just exporting to the server. Any compatibility issues wouldn’t show up until the simmer imports the exports from the server in to the actual game file.

For instance, if you did an export from a file dated two weeks ago, everything would appear to be fine on your end – it would show up in the export list, you would be able to import and export via FTP, etc, but when the simmer imports the exports, it would be ignored because it didn’t come from the correct file. These last two paragraphs make me think of Vandelay Industries…

I actually think you are right, but OOTP is so damn finicky I wouldn’t take the chance.

Mexico City DOM 
    Spectator

@Vancouver (USA) wrote:

I will cross my fingers for you too. The only reason I worry is because when you export, you’re just exporting to the server. Any compatibility issues wouldn’t show up until the simmer imports the exports from the server in to the actual game file.

For instance, if you did an export from a file dated two weeks ago, everything would appear to be fine on your end – it would show up in the export list, you would be able to import and export via FTP, etc, but when the simmer imports the exports, it would be ignored because it didn’t come from the correct file. These last two paragraphs make me think of Vandelay Industries…

I actually think you are right, but OOTP is so damn finicky I wouldn’t take the chance.

Perhaps this is asking WAY too much – and I get that being the simmer is a thankless job (and I don’t want to pretend that I even know what it entails, cause I don’t), but under the circumstances, is it possible if whoever is simming import the current exports and verify that there are lists? Maybe even contacting people if there are problems? Considering this is Take 3 and we have 1 round in the books, I sure would hate yet another round of complaints.

Tokorozawa DOM 
    Spectator

Just wondering what the plan on the next couple of Sims is. Sister in law’s wedding today, so want to make sure that if I need to find a way to download, reset things and export again before tomorrow night I can do that.

Thanks,

Rob

Mexico City DOM 
    Spectator

I’m so confused…. We were supposed to sim friday, but no word at all… Then I see all the exports had been cleared and figured the Sim was run, so I DL – no error message, only to find us still in the first round and all my lists gone…

Santiago de los VEN 
    Spectator

Export tracker here is not showing cleared ,my export is still in bold and showing as updated as of 9/5
    Lack of communication is rather worrying, can someone please let us know what’s going on please.

Mexico City DOM 
    Spectator

@Santiago de los (JPN) wrote:

Export tracker here is not showing cleared ,my export is still in bold and showing as updated as of 9/5
    Lack of communication is rather worrying, can someone please let us know what’s going on please.

I guess it’s a brain cramp on my part… Communication issues are indeed worrisome…

Taegu JPN 
    Spectator

Marc, Gerry and I usually communicate with each sim. (typically, its mostly Gerry and Marc since Gerry runs the sims and then Marc usually sends the sim email).

however, Gerry has gone dark. last I heard from him was Wednesday. I hope he’s doing OK since it’s not like him.

at any rate, I attempted to run the sim in Gerry’s absence so we don’t get delayed any further. I haven’t run a sim in a while. things went well on my end as best I could tell.

I have the previous file backed up on my end (through Round 1), along with the exports so my efforts can be duplicated if necessary.

Panama City JPN 
    Spectator

@Taegu (JPN) wrote:

things went well on my end as best I could tell.

Looks like my draft lists for rounds 2 and 3 worked correctly, thanks.

Mexico City DOM 
    Spectator

Looked like there was a little glitchy to start out, but it seems it worked out ok…

Thanks Ben!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

JOIN US

If you would like to join, send us a message with a little bit about you and your OOTP history.

Sending

©2019 World Baseball Hierarchy

or

or    

Forgot your details?

Skip to toolbar