Hall of Fame News

This topic contains 22 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Bob - Santiago de Cuba Bob – Santiago de Cuba 8 months, 1 week ago.

• Author
    Profile photo of Bob - Santiago de Cuba Bob – Santiago de Cuba 
    Participant

Hey everybody, I just wanted to point out, in case you don’t read the homepage articles, that the 2041 Hall of Fame voting is now open. You can read my recent update post here and see the ballot here.

Voting ends Sunday November 29th at 7:00pm EST. Get those votes in!

Participant

Today is the last day to vote on the 2041 HOF ballot! Get those votes in by 7pm EST!

Participant

The 2041 results are up and you can see them here. Congrats to Azua and Baracoa on landing their third HOFers and to Panama City and San Lorenzo on getting their second.

Participant

The 2042 Hall of Fame ballot has been posted. Go vote! The deadline is Tuesday December 29th at 7:00pm EST.

Profile photo of Gordon Maclean Gordon Maclean 
    Participant

Vote submitted 5 batters 3 pitchers, 4 first timers 4 returnees.

Participant

If you guys are looking to escape from your families for a little bit of Christmas quiet time, go vote on the 2042 Hall of Fame!

Participant

The turnout for 2042 has been embarrassingly awful so I’m extending the deadline. The final day to vote is Sunday January 3rd at 7:00pm EST.

Now go vote!

Participant

Today is the last day to vote on the 2042 HOF draft class. Go vote!

I usually defer HOF voting to those I deem more knowledgeable. I will vote now since we’ve apparently had a low turnout at the polls.

Thanks for putting this voting together, Bob!

Participant

The votes have been tabulated but I’m too tired to put together the announcement. We have five new HOFers!

Anybody want to make any guesses on who made the cut while we wait for me to get my crap together?

Profile photo of wbhcommish wbhcommish 
    Keymaster

I elected to not vote for a couple of guys that I thought would get inducted this time, because I wanted other guys to get votes. It was a strong class.

Participant

The results are in and we have five new Hall of Famers! You can view the results here.

Seoul gets their first Hall of Fame representative and several teams (including mine!) get their second.

Participant

The 2043 HOF ballot has been posted. The deadline for voting is Thursday March 10th at 7:00pm EST.

I can’t wait to see what happens with all of these good pitchers. They’re usually overlooked in favor of hitters.

Go vote!

Participant

Get those votes in! We’re up to a whopping eight votes so far with a little over two days to go.

Participant

Today is the last day to vote and there are plenty of people who haven’t cast a ballot yet!

Profile photo of Gordon Maclean Gordon Maclean 
    Participant

Lobbying for CF Generoso Carasco. Not because he’s an overly strong candidate but because I do not believe that Tijuana has a HOF member, and there is not another likely candidate for at least a decade in WBH time (or maybe real world time for that matter)

Participant

You are incorrect, sir. Tijuana has C Alfredo Maldonado.

Participant

The 2043 HOF results are in!

Baracoa becomes the first team with four Hall of Famers (Silva, Dunstan, Varela, and Zauala). Congrats also to San Lorenzo on their third HOFer, Philadelphia on getting their second, and Vancouver on their first!

Participant

The 2044 ballot is up and ready to be voted upon! There are some extremely qualified candidates. The last day to vote is next Thursday, June 16th.

Participant

We’re all the way up to 5 votes! Woohoo!

Now seriously, it’s time to vote.

Profile photo of Gerry - Barquisimeto Gerry – Barquisimeto 
    Participant

Are we still doing this? Always excited to see the history of our league get to this point.

Participant

I put the HOF on temporary hiatus pending more time on my end and more forum activity in the league. I really enjoy doing the HOF but I also own two businesses and have a baby at home. That makes it tough to spend a few hours putting together ballots when only a couple people participate.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

JOIN US

If you would like to join, send us a message with a little bit about you and your OOTP history.

Sending

©2017 World Baseball Hierarchy

or

or    

Forgot your details?

Skip to toolbar