Draft question

This topic contains 9 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Hong Kong CUB 4 years, 3 months ago.

• Author
     Tocumen KOR 
    Spectator

I have some holidays around the corner, and I might miss the draft sims. When is the draft pool revealed, and how does the draft work? I’m hoping I will be able to load in some rankings or something so my picks don’t have to be simed.

Taegu JPN 
    Spectator

According to our wiki, draft pool should be revealed February 26, or Free Agency sim 3. Best guess IRL is end of next week or Monday following.

I would be willing to help you out via PM if you won’t be entirely out of pocket.

Tocumen KOR 
    Spectator

I won’t have Internet access, how does the draft work with an online league? Do managers somehow rank players and then we sim a few rounds? (I haven’t experienced a draft in this league)

Erie VEN 
    Spectator

When the draft pool is revealed in-game, you’ll need to make a list of guys you’d like. We hold the draft in 3 parts: a Round 1 sim, a Rounds 2-3 sim, and a Rounds 4-10 sim.

Let’s say you have the 5th pick in the draft. For the first sim, you’d need a list of 5 guys. For the second sim, you’d need a list of 13 guys. And if there are any guys you’re still interested in for the 3rd draft sim, you’d make a list as long as you like.

If you won’t have game access, you could probably PM your list to someone.

Tocumen KOR 
    Spectator

So to clarify, once I was the draft pool, I could make a long list of players, do my export, and that would last for the entire draft?

Bocas del Toro VEN 
    Spectator

Yep…just make sure to copy the list to all rounds. We’ve all made that mistake before πŸ™‚

Tocumen KOR 
    Spectator

Last question, I hope, if i am just not available, does the AI do a decent job drafting?

Bocas del Toro VEN 
    Spectator

Usually not πŸ™

I’d get someone to draft for you if you’re not available. If you want me to do it, just send me a PM. My drafting record is fairly crappy though πŸ™‚

Mexico City DOM 
    Spectator

@Bocas del Toro (DOM) wrote:

Usually not πŸ™

I’d get someone to draft for you if you’re not available. If you want me to do it, just send me a PM. My drafting record is fairly crappy though πŸ™‚

Well, AI drafts for you only if you haven’t made a list for each round – if you only have a list for round 1, then your screwed for the rest. Best method – make a long a$$ list in round 1, covering as many rounds as you care about, then copy and paste it to ALL ROUNDS (as stated above). Then in the third round, your highest ranked remaining player gets drafted and not a catcher who’s a 2/3/1/2/1 and a 2 position rating…. Oh, and no arm…

Hong Kong CUB 
    Spectator

I’ve always wondered if the AI bases its choices on things that we don’t about that affect how the players will develop. I’ve never been bored enough to do a comparison of human-drafted players vs. AI-drafted players, but I wonder if the AI uses some of the hidden player development fields to select guys that have a possibility of breaking out or surpassing their initial potential, as displayed in-game.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

JOIN US

If you would like to join, send us a message with a little bit about you and your OOTP history.

Sending

Β©2019Β World Baseball Hierarchy

or

or    

Forgot your details?

Skip to toolbar