DL Difficulties

This topic contains 9 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Mike Topham 2 years, 10 months ago.

• Author
     Mike Topham 
    Participant

I’ve been trying to DL today’s update and after three attempts, I continue to get the following message: “An error occurred while loading the database! Could not load world file”.

Anyone else having difficulties or a solution to the problem? I now there is a new OOTP update out there – is that the issue?

Bob – Santiago de Cuba 
    Participant

I had problems too. It took three tries.

My export didn’t take either, although it’s possible that I forgot to export.

Bob – Santiago de Cuba 
    Participant

Correction: I only got part of the sim. My automated sim email says that part of spring training was simmed and my file doesn’t show that.

Vancouver (CUB) 
    Participant

Same problem here – it totally corrupts my league file.

Vancouver (CUB) 
    Participant

For the record I have not updated to the latest version.

Gordon Maclean 
    Participant

Might be that OOTP update. I did that update and today’s download came in just fine… I dont like the 1-12 record Tijuana put up, but that is another problem altogether

Mike Topham 
    Participant

Yup!! That was it. I tried a fourth time, to no avail, so I just DL’d the latest version from OOTP and it worked like a champ – though losing Mora for a couple f weeks was a bummer… Spread the word…

I needed to re-install the updated version of OOTP17, then download the full league file again.

After getting an error message trying to update with the obsolete version, I got some messages indicating OOTP 17 would try to recover to prior league file. But it apparently did not work properly and subsequent updates without the full league download were not right until I downloaded the full league file.

Bob – Santiago de Cuba 
    Participant

An updated game and a fresh file did it for me too.

Can somebody send out a league wide email about this? I’m sure plenty of people are unaware.

Mike Topham 
    Participant

I didn’t have to DL the entire league file – simply updating the game version was enough for me!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

JOIN US

If you would like to join, send us a message with a little bit about you and your OOTP history.

Sending

©2019 World Baseball Hierarchy

or

or    

Forgot your details?

Skip to toolbar