2040 Venezuela

This topic contains 36 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  Taegu JPN 4 years, 3 months ago.

• Author
     Hong Kong CUB 
    Spectator

Bienvenidos y buena suerte!

Tijuana VEN 
    Spectator

Nothing like the start of a new decade. Feeling its going to be a good one for the Grasshoppers

Tijuana VEN 
    Spectator

Mexico City is on the clock for the first draft pick. Who’s it gonna be Mike?

Hamilton JPN 
    Spectator

Yikes, thin draft pool this year.

Tijuana VEN 
    Spectator

Getting to the point where that’s no longer a surprise. A real shocker would be an 8 player deep pool!!

Mexico City DOM 
    Spectator

@Tijuana (VEN) wrote:

Mexico City is on the clock for the first draft pick. Who’s it gonna be Mike?

It sure would be nice to have a clear-cut choice and a draft class deeper than 2…

We’ve done such a stellar job… Cap_PDT_01_01 … of drafting high up (1 or 2 in virtually every draft), and taking a pitcher first in every draft (but one), one would think we’d have an outstanding rotation at the ML level:

’31: Rafael Domero – 41-47, 4.33 ERA, 1.46 WHIP – has been dependable if not outstanding
    ’32: Xavier Mares – 33-52, 3.85, 1.49 – has shown flashes of the expected greatness
    ’33: Javier Carrillo – 23-45, 6.04, 1.72 – has been a great disappointment
    ’34: Fanuco Navarro – 22-39, 3.60, 1.30 – has been the best of the lot
    ’35: Feliciano Mora – .284/.340/.362 – the only non-pitcher drafted first to date. Horrid start to 2039 kept him from three solid seasons at MC
    ’36: Tom Carr – 3-4, 3.53, 1.33 – called up sooner than wanted, got hurt… has shown promise
    ’37: Aquila Ocasio – 27-23, 3.04, 1.18 in the minors – work in progress
    ’38: Cefe Bernarda – 20-20, 3.19, 1.21 in the minors – work in progress
    ’39: Jeff O’Connors – 5-8, 4.27, 1.48 in his first year – work in progress

So… That said, there are no good position player options, so it’ll be another pitcher (unless someone wants to throw us something useful at the ML level in exchange for our pick(s)). It’ll be either the ‘Reverend’ or John Withy…

Tijuana VEN 
    Spectator

Mexico City 0-13 in the first spring training sim.. I did not see that coming, and I am sure that its not indicative of what the upcoming season will be like.

I am looking for to ’40. I think I have the deepest roster that I have ever had. Multiple replacements in the starting pitching and the outfield if injuries should arise.

This should be interesting!

Taegu JPN 
    Spectator

Not sure what to think about this field of teams in VEN. I don’t see any real favorites, but at the same time, i don’t see any true stinkers either.

I checked the Preseason Predictions in OOTP:

Taegu 78-42
    Valencia 59-61
    Santiago 59-61
    Mao 55-65

Hamilton 79-41
    Erie 58-62
    Tijuana 48-72
    Mexico City 47-73

I’d love that outcome, but I’ve seen seasons go entirely the opposite of the predictions. I don’t think there’s really that much of a discrepancy in some of the teams here.

Erie VEN 
    Spectator

Those are the most ridiculous predictions. There’s no way I’m going to be under .500 this year.

Tijuana VEN 
    Spectator

I’ll take my underdog status. Yeah go ahead, look past me!!

… and the odds are my owner will be expecting me to “Win it all”

Tijuana VEN 
    Spectator

Holy crap 1-11 start, worst ever for me. If it wasnt for the pathethic hitting, the poor pitching might be tolerable.

Team BA .203 Cap_PDT_01_15
    Opponent BA .316 Cap_PDT_01_15
    Run Differential -41 yet 4 one run games (0-4) and 0-3 in extra innings.

EDITED:

Where the hell is the “Manager throws a rant” setting? Just about everyone on my team is satisfied or happy with their performance, but upset about the team’s record… When youre batting .150 or throwing an 8.5 ERA and you are upset about the team’s performance you need a good chewing!

Tijuana VEN 
    Spectator

Man… I needed that 4-2 sim, especially the sweep vs Hamilton. Morale on the team has shot back up. Hoping that I got the bad sims out of the way for the season.

On the down side, three 7 week plus injuries with two hammies on the pitching staff. 3 more minor league injuries.

Taegu JPN 
    Spectator

holy crap.

Joaquin Serna terrorized VEN last week.

11 hits in 25 AB…. 7 of those hits were HR
    12 runs, 13 RBI

Cap_PDT_01_10

Tijuana VEN 
    Spectator

9-15. Normally I would be disappointed, but after a 1-12 start, I am pretty happy.

Its all how you get there Cap_PDT_01_22

Tijuana VEN 
    Spectator

Team is underperforming at just about all levels.Up the middle position players (C,2B and CF) collectively are playing right around Mendoza level. My primary catcher Dave Rattray who is career .280/,350/.420 with a ZR in mid 3 to low 4 is currently giving me. 200/.250/.235 and a ZR of 0. Even sent him for a stint in AAA hoping to snap him out of it. His backup is DLed. And the second backup should be in AA.

Mordales in CF has shown a similar collapse in both batting and fielding.

Pitching is no better with some high expectation starters not living up to past numbers.

All in all fighting to avoid relegation but second place is an impossible goal.

SP ARIEL FRANKLIN is available, see my trade block for details.

Changsha JPN 
    Spectator

woo! awesome .000 ops vs right this year

LF Yasutoki Yoshida

Tijuana VEN 
    Spectator

Interesting little software glitch youve got there. If only you could hold it against him on contract negotiations.

Changsha JPN 
    Spectator

I guessing his agent is saying 8years of .300 avg hitting pay up.

Mexico City DOM 
    Spectator

I just gotta say The Gilas really suck this year….

Tijuana VEN 
    Spectator

Well another season seemingly buried in 3rd place. 15 games out of 2nd, and 11 ahead of 4th. Looks like the only way to make things exciting is to try to lose enough games to guarantee first pick in the next draft yet win enough to avoid relegation Cap_PDT_01_07 Cap_PDT_01_22 Cap_PDT_01_22 Cap_PDT_01_22

OTOH, Im glad Im not in the Ven LAD. Everyone within one bad sim or one great sim of everyone else… id get an ulcer.

Tijuana VEN 
    Spectator

Well firmly wedged into 3rd place + Essentially no place to go + Roster expansion = Prospect Showcase

Released some deadweight, called up everyone left on the 40 man roster plus 10 making their first trip to the show.

4 prospect position players in each lineup, a lot more on the depth charts. Players to be cut at the end of the year benched.

Pitching- veteran starters pitch counts dialed back to the 50-70 range, lots of prospect starters assigned to Long Relief duty.

Should get a good handle on what will be available from in-house before the off season.

This is actually a rather luxurious place to be in. Hope that it doesnt make things too exciting with Mexico City by the end of the year, but I really want to get a good look at these prospects.

Tijuana VEN 
    Spectator

The only real bad part about being in the Venezuela LOD this year is knowing that either Hamilton or Erie will be back next year. You guys have a real fight going on that will probably go down to the last day.

Erie VEN 
    Spectator

I’m scared to post anything and risk jinxing myself. I wish my 1B, Sixto Marcilla, would start hitting. He’s hitting this year as if he’s facing USA competition and not tier 3 competition. I’m very pleased with the rest of my team’s performance thus far (we’re definitely exceeding our pythagorean record).

Hamilton JPN 
    Spectator

Whew, yes, don’t want to jinx it either, but I think Hamilton just caught a break in that last sim. Head-to-head for 3 games with Erie in the final week of the season… good luck! #nailbiter

Erie VEN 
    Spectator

Yeah, that was a great time for a 6-0 sim! I think my only chance is sweeping you and then hoping I do better in the last series than you do. Obviously a pipe dream at this point! Cap_PDT_01_11

Tijuana VEN 
    Spectator

You’re both welcome. 1-5 against you two this sim. Pretty disappointing season. I have a major player dump coming up, some veterans are playing well below where they should be and so its resetting the rebuilding time.

Taegu JPN 
    Spectator

geez… LAD is just bonkers.

TAE … 58-56
    VAL … 58-56
    MAO …56-58 … 2 GB
    SAN … 56-58 … 2 GB

it is literally anyone’s game going into the final sim.

Tijuana VEN 
    Spectator

What are the scheduled pairings for the last two series?

Hamilton JPN 
    Spectator

@Erie (VEN) wrote:

Yeah, that was a great time for a 6-0 sim! I think my only chance is sweeping you and then hoping I do better in the last series than you do. Obviously a pipe dream at this point! Cap_PDT_01_11

Whew, that was a close one.

Great season all, and especially Joe… ’twas a season-long battle and it could have gone either way!

Erie VEN 
    Spectator

<– Best team to not make the playoffs! 73 wins without making the playoffs is the worst: not only do you not move up, but you're also guaranteed the 8th pick in the draft.

At least I was right about “there’s no way I’ll be below .500 this season”.

Tokorozawa DOM 
    Spectator

Well Joe, as the 2nd best team to not reach the playoffs I feel your pain. Hopefully I get one of the real rebuilds coming down and I can have an easy go of things in 2041.

Best of luck in getting an 8 deep draft pool my friend.

Erie VEN 
    Spectator

Haha, it’ll probably be a 7-deep pool. Or if it’s 8 deep, the 8th guy will be a “starter” with only 2 pitches. I got a potentially elite closer (10-7-8) a few years ago in a 5-deep pool, but I’d so much rather be able to draft an outfielder who’s good. I haven’t drafted one of those in AGES.

Taegu JPN 
    Spectator

that sucks Joe. you do have a good team so I suspect you’ll do fine next year.

condolences to Valencia. after a scorching hot May (20-7), we got complacent the rest of the season (38-49) and watched everyone else catch up. Valencia came on the hardest and it only came down to a single run in the one game playoff to determine the division.

despite the discrepancy in our records, I think we match up well with Hamilton. Both teams feature good lineups, but have standout pitching staffs.

regardless who comes out on top, at least we both get promoted! and I don’t think it could have worked out much better come draft time, as we will probably be looking at picking #2.

1. Pacora, 44 wins
    2. Taegu, 53 wins (w/ -10)
    3. Toronto, 57 wins
    4/5. Vancouver/Puerto, 61 wins (w/ +10), or Panama, 61 wins
    6/7. Hamilton, 62 wins (w/ -10), or Changsha, 62 wins
    8. JPN champ (Philadelphia, 68 wins, or Xian, 70 wins)

Mao DOM 
    Spectator

I must say that my division was a lot closer than I thought it would be. Do I avoid relegation? I am sitting in 3rd position to end the year but I am tied with Santiago at 4.5 games back to end the yeat.

Tokorozawa DOM 
    Spectator

Tie Breaking Procedure
    Tie breaker order for teams with the same record:

Run differential (runs scored – runs allowed)
    Division record
    Head-to-head record
    Difference from pythagorean record
    Pythagorean record
    Coin flip

Tijuana VEN 
    Spectator

Taegu playing the role of the woken bear.

Taegu JPN 
    Spectator

sorry Eric. a team bearly over .500 knocks out the overwhelming favorite (record-wise, and statistically) in the playoffs.

it happens every year.

but Heraclio Silva and Alfredo Dolit are a powerful 1-2 punch and are very tough matchups. potentially sending them out for 4 games really shortens up the chances for the other team, regardless of how pedestrian the rest of my team is.

at least we both get promoted, so you’ll have your chance at revenge next season in JPN.

(get it? bearly? 😆 )

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

JOIN US

If you would like to join, send us a message with a little bit about you and your OOTP history.

Sending

©2019 World Baseball Hierarchy

or

or    

Forgot your details?

Skip to toolbar