2038 Japan

This topic contains 12 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Panama City JPN 5 years, 1 month ago.

• Author
     Moca DOM 
    Spectator

Eventually the Machine will return to Japan.

Eventually….

Panama City JPN 
    Spectator

It’s really dead in the Japan forum this season…

Panama City has had an up-and-down go of things after getting promoted this year. If it were real life, sports talk radio would probably be saying something like the team took a while to get adjusted to the level of competition, but maybe things are starting to look up.

With six weeks to go, the Pirates are on a bit of a run over the last month, going 18-12 over the last 5 weeks to crawl back to .500. A few trades at the deadline, but nothing earth-shattering, and we get some key starters back by the end of August, hoping to stay in the race to the end.

With Chihuahua leading the division at 43-41, Panama City is only one game back of the division lead, but only two games ahead of Cancun to avoid relegation. The Latitude division has been very close all season, and there’s a good chance things will stay that way.

Hamilton is 41-43, but maybe it’s a lot of bad luck. Pyth. record says they should be 46-38, but they’re 15-22 in one-run games and it’s dragging their record down. That’s 37 out of 84 games they’ve played as 1-run games!

Cancun VEN 
    Spectator

The latitude division has been ridiculously close all year, you can go from first to relegation in just over a week. Looks like a real dogfight

Panama City JPN 
    Spectator

Panama City’s hot streak was short-lived, and they are in a tight battle to avoid relegation with Hamilton. Panama City is ahead by 2 games with 6 to go, and the next three games are at Hamilton. I’m glad to be ahead by 2 games instead of behind by 2, but it’s still going down to the wire. After three at Hamilton, it’s home for 3 against division-leading Chihuahua to end the season.

Chihuahua and Cancun have pulled away at the top of the Latitude division, and Chihuahua leads by 3 games. With the final-week intra-division games, the Mojitos and Chihuahuas also square off, so the division is not sealed up yet, either.

The Longitude Division is a lot less interesting, with Monterrey already having sealed up the division, and Bonao far behind Philadelphia and relegation long sewn up.

So a little bit of drama for the last regular season sim for half of us, anyway. Good luck!

Hamilton JPN 
    Spectator

Ugh, really frustrating season in Hamilton. We ended up getting relegated with a -7 Pythag… should have had a winning record, but lots of bad luck this year.

Looking forward, lots of good young pitchers coming up, but the infield is abysmal with no one ready to take over in the minors. Will be time to restructure the offense after our meteoric surge into the USA and immediate collapse back to the 3rd tier.

Panama City JPN 
    Spectator

Definitely bad luck for Hamilton this season. Panama City probably deserved to be relegated, with a pyth record 6 games behind Hamilton. We still have a good relatively young pitching staff, but the offense was anemic – over 100 runs less than division-winning Chihuahua this season.

On the positive side, we still have plenty of cap room for free agents or trades, and the positions that probably need the biggest upgrade the most are typically the easiest ones to fill that way – 1B and corner OF.

Good luck to Chihuahua and Monterrey in the championship series.

Cancun VEN 
    Spectator

Definitely pleased with how my half-season in charge went. When i took over it was a 4 way battle and ended up having a solid 2nd half to pull away. Would have liked to gotten into the playoffs but i will take another season in japan. Lots of money to spend this offseason, but some promising young talent which will need extending soon. Looking forward to getting up to USA next year

Taegu JPN 
    Spectator

wow

CHI over MOR in 4. no offense to Wen, but I was hoping to get MOR out of my division

Monterrey USA 
    Spectator

Ugh. Another disastrous playoff series. My ace had won 28 straight decisions — but lost twice in four games.

Chihuahua USA 
    Spectator

Glad to win, but feeling woefully unprepared for the upcoming USA season

I anticipate a big challenge to just stay in the league. My pitching simply isn’t ready for the big leagues right now

Monterrey USA 
    Spectator

David: Congrats on the win, and good luck in the uSA!

Panama City JPN 
    Spectator

Congratulations to Chihuahua on an excellent season.

Cancun VEN 
    Spectator

Good luck in the USA, represent the latitude well and dont come back anytime soon!!!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

JOIN US

If you would like to join, send us a message with a little bit about you and your OOTP history.

Sending

©2020 World Baseball Hierarchy

or

or    

Forgot your details?

Skip to toolbar