2038 Canada

This topic contains 18 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Incheon KOR 5 years, 1 month ago.

• Author
     Moca DOM 
    Spectator

Been super busy sorry for the delay

Go get em everyone!

MMD

Hong Kong CUB 
    Spectator

Looking forward to the new faces and new competition this year…will be interesting to see how it plays out!

Brooklyn CAN 
    Spectator

Woo-hooooo! Back in Canada after long last! Looking forward to the upcoming season as well!

Hong Kong CUB 
    Spectator

Even though we have a very good young catcher, I decided to try to grab Dale Pearn while he was available. Luckily, Jim was receptive, and so this gives us more pop than we’ve had at catcher for about 15 seasons.

This has been a rough last two years in Hong Kong. After painstakingly putting together a whole bunch of prospects to come up at the same time and support our very good young pitching staff, four of our young position players have had major injuries, which resulted in three of them losing current and potential contact and power. The same thing happened to two of our pitching prospects, giving them talent hits significant enough that they will be out of contention for a ML job.

So, although I was carefully putting together a team that finally had some offense again, like the early Hong Kong teams, we got smited by the OOTP gods, and it left us at the offensive drawing board. Adding Eggleston and now Pearn will hopefully bring enough veteran consistency to take pressure off the youngsters to perform.

At the moment, I’m cautiously optimistic the Golden Dragons can be in the hunt for the title this year.

Hong Kong CUB 
    Spectator

Longitude looks like it’s gonna be a dogfight. I thought it might…

Incheon KOR 
    Spectator

My little run prevention machine was humming along nicely, but now the fragile Travis Hargrove is out.

We call up Flavio Nieves, who’s put up a 2.37 ERA in 12 starts at AAA to fill the gap for what we hope is just a couple of weeks.

Hong Kong CUB 
    Spectator

Always fun to see what those borderline guys with good stats do at the ML level.

Incheon KOR 
    Spectator

We didn’t exactly ease him into his role, throwing him up against Tocumen, but at least he had the home crowd behind him. Two runs in seven innings and a win for Nieves in his big league debut.

Hong Kong CUB 
    Spectator

I have this starter Yun-tae Chon who at one time had potential of 6/7/8 as a top prospect, but never ended up going beyond 6/7/5. He’s in his sixth season now as a regular starter in Hong Kong. He had a horrible start to this season, and I thought perhaps he was finally done, but now he’s had two-three good outings in a row, so he might keep going.

I think in general we have a tendency (at least I know I do) to obey ratings a bit much when we trade and decide who to play. Performance is really what matters.

Incheon KOR 
    Spectator

We’re in fairly good position for promotion at this point in the season, but losing our ace pitcher for the year in a home redecorating accident is a bit of a kick to the nuts that Ootp seems to excel at.

Hong Kong CUB 
    Spectator

While Incheon has the home decoration blues, we’re encouraged in HK that the team is gelling, although it’s too little, too late. Tocumen has things pretty much sewn up.

I’m interested to see how this first promotion/relegation season in the new setup goes. That new third tier is pretty ruthless.

Tokorozawa DOM 
    Spectator

How are both Incheon and Wuhan posting about the same player that they called up?

Bocas del Toro VEN 
    Spectator

@Tokorozawa (DOM) wrote:

How are both Incheon and Wuhan posting about the same player that they called up?

I have no clue…but it doesn’t look like Nieves made his big league debut against Tocumen, so maybe Wuhan just put the wrong name in. It’s confusing, that’s for sure. I see he’s going with a 3 man rotation now…that’s not going to go well.

Hong Kong CUB 
    Spectator

Suwon’s veteran OF John Rudge has certainly taken to his backup / pinch hitting role this year. He’s hitting .446 in 101 AB over 73 games.

Incheon KOR 
    Spectator

@Bocas del Toro (DOM) wrote:

@Tokorozawa (DOM) wrote:

I have no clue…but it doesn’t look like Nieves made his big league debut against Tocumen, so maybe Wuhan just put the wrong name in. It’s confusing, that’s for sure. I see he’s going with a 3 man rotation now…that’s not going to go well.

Part of the confusion I can clear up, and part I can’t.

Nieves made his big league debut on July 8, against Tocumen, allowing two runs in seven innings pitched. I composed that message not as Wuhan, but as myself. How it got changed to Wuhan is a mystery to me.

Taegu JPN 
    Spectator

uhh

Hong Kong CUB 
    Spectator

About the Incheon/Wuhan post above:

I believe it was an inadvertent mistake by one of the board members when he was exploring the features in the forum moderation tools. (One of the things you can do is change the owner of a post.)

I’ve corrected it.

Incheon KOR 
    Spectator

Well, Ootp wasn’t done with me yet. We lose our best hitter in addition to our best pitcher and promptly get swept by Toa Baja, opening the door to them (at least mathematically) in the last week of the season. Now it’s a question of if we’ll get the chance to get swept in the series.

We’ll see if what’s left of Incheon can stagger across the finish line.

Rooting for Suwon. Go Lions!

Incheon KOR 
    Spectator

Quite a series. Seven games and an unlikely pennant win for the shorthanded Grubs. Bor-zeng Nie comes up big (3 HR and 7 RBI) playing at first base in place of Myung-gu Yang.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

JOIN US

If you would like to join, send us a message with a little bit about you and your OOTP history.

Sending

©2020 World Baseball Hierarchy

or

or    

Forgot your details?

Skip to toolbar