2037 United States

This topic contains 31 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  Baracoa CUB 4 years, 11 months ago.

• Author
     Moca DOM 
    Spectator

Good luck all,

I actually WANT to do predictions but real life has gotten in the way this week sorry all

Vancouver CUB 
    Spectator

@Moca (VEN) wrote:

Good luck all,

I actually WANT to do predictions but real life has gotten in the way this week sorry all

I have a pretty good feeling where the smart money is. Cap_PDT_01_17

That being said I think I’m going to win every year Cap_PDT_01_05

Santiago de Cuba USA 
    Spectator

The first overall pick will be traded and it appears the pick will be SP Han. Akashi is on the clock.

Akashi USA 
    Spectator

With the 2nd pick in the first round … Akashi selects SP Vincent Shepherd.

Vancouver CUB 
    Spectator

There goes my top 2. Baracoa’s on the clock!

Baracoa CUB 
    Spectator

I guess I’m taking the other guy.

Santiago de Cuba USA 
    Spectator

I got excited to see a nearly-ready 6/8/8 SP still on the board and then realized he only has one pitch. So much for that.

We’re taking Aussie soft-tosser Bruce Turner to start the second round. Akashi is on the clock again.

Erie VEN 
    Spectator

@Santiago de Cuba (USA) wrote:

I got excited to see a nearly-ready 6/8/8 SP still on the board and then realized he only has one pitch. So much for that.

We’re taking Aussie soft-tosser Bruce Turner to start the second round. Akashi is on the clock again.

Hey, he’s also got a changeup!

Santiago de Cuba USA 
    Spectator

Looks like this is a moot point. If there’s a re-sim, he’ll probably go in the first round. I was surprised to see so many hitters go late in the first. Now I know why.

Vancouver CUB 
    Spectator

Yeah I had Turner as a top 8. I expect 2 batters to go in the first round.

Santiago de Cuba USA 
    Spectator

Crap. I forgot to redo my second draft sim and I got stuck with a couple players that I didn’t want. This sucks but it’s my own fault.

Vancouver CUB 
    Spectator

Crap. I forgot to redo my second draft sim and I got stuck with a couple players that I didn’t want. This sucks but it’s my own fault.

I didn’t think those looked like Bob picks. That always blows.It’s somehow slightly less annoying than forgetting to copy and paste to all rounds.

I am tickled with my draft haul out of the #5 spot. We got C Tumbleweed Chon, arguably the 2nd-best hitting prospect in the draft. We will need a catcher soon and we figure he’s 2-3 seasons from the show. He has a noodle arm but he’s smart and hard-working and we hope that improves his average ability.

SP António Miralez was a nice pickup at #5. We like his pitch selection, endurance and control, and he came out of a great program at LSU. Any increase in stuff will make him a solid #2-#3.

Dutch flamethrower Maxim Bakboord isn’t too far from the show and with a name like that he’s destined to be the closer. Another hard worker, he might have the livest arm in the draft.

It would be nice to hold on to these guys for a change. I screwed myself by signing Tat Huie and Juan Luna to illegal contracts and having them released. Having to scroll down to see incentives is obnoxious but c’est la vie. Huie was going to be starting vs RHP, and Luna was going to back up OF and 1B. Guess it’s on to plan B. If I can’t cobble something together I may be trading young’uns for a bat.

Santiago de Cuba USA 
    Spectator

Round 2, Take 3. Still taking Aussie soft-tosser Bruce Turner.

Santiago de Cuba USA 
    Spectator

Round 2, Take 3. Still taking Aussie soft-tosser Bruce Turner.

So much for that. I made my second round list in the first round and didn’t copy it. Way to go, me.

Santiago de Cuba USA 
    Spectator

This could finally be the year that we’re competitive again. We added a few impact players without subtracting anything of consequence from the major league roster.

Baracoa CUB 
    Spectator

Baracoa looks ready to go to battle. In no way are the Bahia a favorite, but they’ve added super-veteran Zauala to their starting staff, and their offensive attack remains steady.

One important piece of business was accomplished, and that’s extending ace and future hall-of-famer Rafael Martinez to a team-friendly contract. This extension guarantees his $19M option for next season, and then gives around $14.5M each year for the next three years after that. The Bahia were worried that Martinez would decline the player option and test the market next season, where he would most certainly have gotten over $100M. Bahia fans celebrate the awesome pitcher for being such a team player, and applaud the FO for getting the deal done.

Santiago de Cuba USA 
    Spectator

This could finally be the year that we’re competitive again. We added a few impact players without subtracting anything of consequence from the major league roster.

So much for that. We just subtracted LF Munenori Ishihara for the season due to injury. We also got a couple small ratings hits that hurt. Meh…

Bocas del Toro VEN 
    Spectator

So much for that. We just subtracted LF Munenori Ishihara for the season due to injury. We also got a couple small ratings hits that hurt. Meh…

Ouch what happened to him? That’s a massive loss

Santiago de Cuba USA 
    Spectator

@Bocas del Toro (VEN) wrote:

Ouch what happened to him? That’s a massive loss

Torn labrum in his shoulder. He’s on the shelf for 10 months. He’ll be back in time for next season and hopefully his ratings won’t drop too much.

Santiago de Cuba USA 
    Spectator

Another sim, another significant injury. Now MR Pedro Dezgado and his 0.92 ERA are out for two months. 8/8/8 SP Arturo Agular is out for the season. OF Munenori Ishihara is out for the season. SP Mateo Grinaldo has pitched four innings due to multiple injuries and he’s still out for another two weeks. I’ve even lost an ML-ready prospect for the season. (I also lost my 1B but that just gave me an excuse to call up a top prospect.)

Despite all of that, I’ve had a winning record since the debacle that occurred over the first two sims. At the beginning of this season, I thought this could be the year I contended again. Now I’m hoping that my remaining talent can just keep me in the USA.

Santiago de Cuba USA 
    Spectator

Awesome. I just lost 2B Arturo Escobar for four weeks. He’ll come back with two weeks left. He joins SP Agular and OF Ishihara on the shelf.

Staving off relegation without my best three players should be easy. Cap_PDT_01_17

Baracoa CUB 
    Spectator

It’s down to the wire for relegation in the USA Longitude division. The Bahia play both Xi’an and Santiago de Cuba, while they each play the Hawks. The Bahia hold their destiny in their hands.

Santiago de Cuba USA 
    Spectator

@Baracoa (USA) wrote:

It’s down to the wire for relegation in the USA Longitude division. The Bahia play both Xi’an and Santiago de Cuba, while they each play the Hawks. The Bahia hold their destiny in their hands.

I not thrilled about this development. Going into last sim, we were just as close to first place as we were to last. Now we’re fighting to stay in the USA without several of our best players.

Santiago de Cuba USA 
    Spectator

Good luck with Jim and Zeb on their rematch and condolences to Andrew and Eric on their demotions.

I finished at .500, my best finish since my last title team back in 2030. In the preseason I predicted this would be the year I became competitive again. We finished eight games behind Hukuoka but it’s hard to ignore all the players that missed time:

Missed season
    SP Arturo Agular – 8/8/8
    LF Munenori Ishihara – 8/9/6

Missed significant time
    SP Mateo Grinaldo – 5/8/7
    MR Pedro Dezgado – 7/7/5 (and a 1.45 ERA)
    2B Arturo Escobar – 7/6/8
    LF Serafim Aldono – 8/7/4

We have the entire team together next year except for our catchers so maybe we can give this a proper run.

Hamilton JPN 
    Spectator

Good luck with Jim and Zeb on their rematch and condolences to Andrew and Eric on their demotions.

I finished at .500, my best finish since my last title team back in 2030. In the preseason I predicted this would be the year I became competitive again. We finished eight games behind Hukuoka but it’s hard to ignore all the players that missed time:

Missed season
    SP Arturo Agular – 8/8/8
    LF Munenori Ishihara – 8/9/6

Missed significant time
    SP Mateo Grinaldo – 5/8/7
    MR Pedro Dezgado – 7/7/5 (and a 1.45 ERA)
    2B Arturo Escobar – 7/6/8
    LF Serafim Aldono – 8/7/4

We have the entire team together next year except for our catchers so maybe we can give this a proper run.

Wow, the USA is hard. Hope to make it back again sometime soon. Thanks for the great season!

Vancouver CUB 
    Spectator

Congrats Zeb and Jim!

@Hamilton (USA) wrote:

Wow, the USA is hard. Hope to make it back again sometime soon. Thanks for the great season!

Ain’t that the truth. First time I made it in 2024 I barely hung on before getting booted down after 2025. When I made it back I cashed in my farm system to get all my talent on the ML roster, and I have traded my drafts away ever since. Crossing my fingers we don’t implode.

The future would be bright if Azua wasn’t blocking the sun. Best team in the world with the best farm system in the USA. Grrrrrr.

We have to be happy with this season. After a 6-18 (!) start we righted the ship going 56-40 the rest of the way hoping for an Azua slide that never happened. Second-most runs in the league to the Turtles, keeping pace most of the way before fading late. Pitching was absolutely dreadful at the start – I think we had an ERA around 6.00 in May, but that steadily dropped to finish at 4.29.

The good:

The Mouse finally arrived! Looked like he was going to be a bust after 2 major injuries last year, a ratings drop to 7/7/5, and an 0-3, 6.46 May. Wound up 11-4, 3.30, third in the USA in ERA. His control and strikeout rate improved every month and he gave up only 11 HR on the year.

Stanley Maudesly and Angel Torrente were acquired in July and neither disappointed. Both were extended and now we have a #1 and a closer for about $20,000,000.

The ageless Bingo Perez continues to defy the scouts. How about 109 games started, a 303/331/527 slash, 26 bombs and 83 RBI? Yes please and thank you. Backup Stinge Ansede put up a 333/378/571 line as a starter.

Country Ruibal continues to destroy right-handed pitching.

Juan Rubiera was rushed in to service as my pitching faltered and he didn’t disappoint. He had ups and downs but is now 8/6/10 potential.

Alastair Woodruff finished with a nice WHIP but the 27 home runs allowed is disconcerting. Hopefully as his control improves the strikeouts will go up and the home runs will go down. still a nice #4

The bad:

Jake Thexton looked like he was poised to take the #1 spot but laid a big steamy turd. Hoping it’s an aberration. Roberto Nodar also pitched poorly, but that was foreshadowed by a meh year last season.

Jose Gonzalez was a huge disappointment. Expected to bat leadoff and put up a .370 OBP, he was terrible vs RHP and our lack of depth in the outfield was exposed.

The meh:

Still waiting on that huge season from Ching-wei Zhu hard to complain about 57 XBH and 83 RBI but I would like to see another 100 points of OPS one of these years.

Everyone important is locked up and we’re poised to make a run in 2038. With $40,000,000 in cap space we’ll be looking to add a bat or two. Onward and upward!

Baracoa CUB 
    Spectator

Pretty frustrating to get relegated only being 10 games under .500. Still have a strong group of players – hope to make it back next season.

Azua USA 
    Spectator

Good luck Zeb!

Had very good pitching this year. Had a consistent top 3 starting rotation (Sazacar 10-7, 3.70 ERA, Miyazaki 13-4, 3.91 ERA, Byrom, 9-6, 3.30 ERA). Pak was a huge disappointment, going 7-12 with a 5.49 ERA … would have expected more from a 5-7-10 starter, but he gave up way too many hits (189 in 139 innings) but offset by impeccable control (16 BBs).

Bullpen was outstanding. Closer of the year candidate Fransua was lights out. I threw him into the closer’s role with no ML experience. 30 saves, 1.08 ERA, 0.74 WHIP, 69 Ks in 50 IP. And he was supported by a strong pen — with Hirose, Avala, Tameron, Metherell and Lachance.

The line-up was very solid — 1B Levya, C Pearn and RF Pae all were 20+ HRs, 70+ RBI, >.500 SLG guys who anchored the team. LF Chavez (17 HRs, 82 RBIs), 3B Rivadeneira (14 HRs, .290 BA), 2B Oike (.318 BA, 9 HRs, .413 OBP) were strong contributors as well. CF Morales was the only real disappointment, batting only .244 with 8 HRs in 400 ABs despite a 8-10-7-8-5 rating. Weakness at SS continues but we have a serviceable guy in Fok (7-6-3-6-9) who probably under-performed a bit this year.

Looking forward to 2038, we have a salary issue, so will need to make some trades and will need to rebalance prospects a bit. Hard to believe I traded away my prized CF prospect Pujals this year… he absolutely killed it in his rookie year for La Habana… .333 BA, 26 HRs, 91 RBIs, 25 SBs, .967 OPS, 5.5 WAR. Got two strong prospects back (OF Hyling 7-7-9-6-5 and SP Montoya 10-7-7) but don’t think they will have nearly this type of impact!

Hukuoka CUB 
    Spectator

Congrats to Jim, looking forward to the re-match for what it is worth…

Somehow the Hawks held it together despite me being absent most of the season, not sure if that says I am a good GM or not. It is nice to see my young pitching come together, if I would have had more time I would have traded my farm system for a Closer and CF, but oh well. We went 8-4 against Azua this season, the only team to have a winning record against them. Hopefully that means we have a chance and doesn’t turn into bulletin board material in Tortugas territory.

Here is hoping whoever takes over the Hawks doesn’t tear apart what I have built, but in reality the fact that I exported only 5-6 times all season isn’t good. Add to that I didn’t make a trade and you can see how the Hawks could fall apart. I hope to return in the future once a new job/new baby and life settle down. I will be interested to see how Burgos and Frude turn out. I have always thought of Frude as the Jeter of the WBH (even though I am not a Jeter fan). I hope Frude finishes out a Hawk, he is a great player. Good luck to all and thanks for the great times, here is hoping I pull a Elway and win my swan song…

Santiago de Cuba USA 
    Spectator

Congrats Jim! Good luck in your travels, Zeb. You’ll be missed.

Maracaibo USA 
    Spectator

I just got a look at the 2038 USA draft pool and…

HOLY COW!

Baracoa CUB 
    Spectator

What a year to be relegated out of the USA. At least I didn’t end up in JPN.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

JOIN US

If you would like to join, send us a message with a little bit about you and your OOTP history.

Sending

©2019 World Baseball Hierarchy

or

or    

Forgot your details?

Skip to toolbar