2037 Japan

This topic contains 18 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  Maracaibo USA 5 years, 4 months ago.

• Author
     Moca DOM 
    Spectator

Good luck all,

I actually WANT to do predictions but real life has gotten in the way this week sorry all

Maracaibo USA 
    Spectator

I’m excited to get this season started. Good luck, Japan. I’m shooting for 90 wins. Bring it on!

Monterrey USA 
    Spectator

90?! Why stop there? Go for an even c-note.

Good luck this season!

Mexico City DOM 
    Spectator

We just hope to finish in 3rd, again, and avoid relegation. With no money to spend on FA, we are counting on all those Top pick arms to do their job and live up to their press clippings.

Also feeling pretty good about this years draft!

Philadelphia USA 
    Spectator

Top FA pickup Kyoshi Tsutsumi goes down for 4 weeks..

Not a good start…

I guess help ell come from elsewhere

Maracaibo USA 
    Spectator

I think I went 19-6 in Spring Training. Suffered no injuries. Very pleased.

Chihuahua USA 
    Spectator

Took a quick look at the division.

Gotta say Maracaibo has to be the favorite here to get a shot at the USA. They have the best pitching staff in my eyes and a few lethal bats. I think Cancun and I will be battling it out for 2nd. I like the depth of my bats better, but I’m very concerned about my pitching staff, so I’ll give Cancun the nod here. I think Santiago will be the team that struggles here. I don’t think they have enough firepower in their bats to keep them in Japan for next year.

1. Maracaibo
    2. Cancun
    3. Chihuahua
    4. Santiago

Philadelphia USA 
    Spectator

@Philadelphia (JPN) wrote:

Top FA pickup Kyoshi Tsutsumi goes down for 4 weeks..

Not a good start…

I guess help ell come from elsewhere

Got to love it.. He returns.. Injured a rib.. Goes on DL for 4 months….

Free Agent to free money….

Maracaibo USA 
    Spectator
     Tijuana VEN 
    Spectator

Congrats to Monterrey

Monterrey USA 
    Spectator

Thanks, guys!

Philadelphia USA 
    Spectator

Happy my Philadelphia Stars wasn’t on the end of that one..

Congrats

Santiago de los VEN 
    Spectator

Congratulations Justin 😥

Maracaibo USA 
    Spectator

I thought this was kinda funny. My boys hit six home runs in this game against Chihuahua, but they were all solo shots. We still won, but I need some better OBP guys to get on base, I guess.

After getting all mad about the Opening sim snafu, I’m happy with my team right now. Holding steady one game up on Cancun in the LAD.

My sophomore catcher Davilos has started off hot with 9 HRs hitting .281/.336/.541 and has gunned down 8 of 13 base runners. My biggest worry with him was his defense since he wasn’t all that special last year, but maybe he’s not that bad.

Also, its way too early, but I love that my RF Watanabe is hitting so well. .431/.486/.785 with 14 homers and the May player of the month award in the LAD.

Free agent signee Estanis Perez is off to a great start. 5-1 with a 1.48 ERA in seven starts, with two complete game shutouts to his credit.

Early concern for SP Martin Martin, who has always been one of those steady #3/#4 type SPs. He had a 3.95 ERA in the USA last year, but after seven starts in Japan, he’s got a 6.81 ERA this season. Yuck.

And both sides of my CF platoon Arvizu and Eribarne are playing really really poorly at the plate, under replacement level, but are getting it done defensively. I planned on them holding the position until prospect Sanchez is ready, and that’s still a year off or more, so I am still wondering if I need to try to find another CF option or if I can just take my lumps in that lineup spot and still compete, because that would be my preference.

Maracaibo USA 
    Spectator

Looks like it will be my Jackals against either Taegu or Monterrey. Taegu has a two-game lead. The two of them don’t play each other this sim; Philly and Mexico City both play each finalist and will be spoiling someone’s chances.

I went 6-6 against Taegu this year, and went 5-7 against Monterrey, so I don’t really have a rooting interest. Whoever wins the division will make a tough playoff opponent.

Good luck tonight, guys!

Taegu JPN 
    Spectator

neither skill nor fortune were on our side. thought we could at least a game, but that wasn’t in the cards. good luck in the USA Jeff

Maracaibo USA 
    Spectator

Thanks Ben – good season

Maracaibo USA 
    Spectator

Wrote a too-long playoff recap here if anyone has some time to kill.

Santiago de los VEN 
    Spectator

Congratulations Jeff and commiserations Ben, you both had fine seasons.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

JOIN US

If you would like to join, send us a message with a little bit about you and your OOTP history.

Sending

©2020 World Baseball Hierarchy

or

or    

Forgot your details?

Skip to toolbar