2035 Draft Chat

This topic contains 52 replies, has 22 voices, and was last updated by  Baracoa CUB 5 years, 6 months ago.

• Author
     Bocas del Toro VEN 
    Spectator

Well the Japan Pool is rather ugly…picking 2nd there’s a good Shortstop with no power and bad defense or a possible #3 Starter with 5/8/8 rankings. Other than the SS, there isn’t another hitting with more than 5 Contact.

I guess it could be worse, the other option for relegation was Cuba and I don’t see one prospect that will make the majors without a talent bump except maybe the 8/8/7 Closer or a 6/6/7 Catcher…that’s hideous.

Jeonju CUB 
    Spectator

I don’t know if that makes me feel better or worse about jumping to a more difficult league AND picking last. Cap_PDT_01_11

Chihuahua USA 
    Spectator

Time sure passes quickly in this league!

Bocas del Toro VEN 
    Spectator

Really annoyed I lost that last series to Maracaibo now because there are a bunch of studs in the draft in the USA League.

La Habana KOR 
    Spectator

0-2 for draft classes, this sucks!!!

Mexico City DOM 
    Spectator

The Japan class is ugly, and picking first doesn’t even help – that’s how awful it is.

Taegu JPN 
    Spectator

@Chihuahua (DOM) wrote:

yep, that last millennium sure blew by us!

Maracaibo USA 
    Spectator

In addition to the USA prospect that’s 8/7/8 as a SP and 7/9/6 as an OF pointed out by Bob in the other thread, there is a 978 young SP and a 778 older SP in the US pool that should shed some more light on the whole older-less-risky-prospects-versus-younger-riskier-prospects debate. I’m glad I get to pick but I’m worried about getting the wrong one!

Bocas del Toro VEN 
    Spectator

@Taegu (VEN) wrote:

@Chihuahua (DOM) wrote:

yep, that last millennium sure blew by us!

I blame Monday mornings, Daylight Savings Time and No Coffee 🙂

Moca DOM 
    Spectator

Ven pool is pretty good really. But as I kinda predicted it’s about 7 deep 😆

Incheon KOR 
    Spectator

Canada pool is U-G-L-Y.

Hamilton JPN 
    Spectator

@Incheon (CAN) wrote:

Canada pool is U-G-L-Y.

You can say that again. I think I have about 12 names in my draft sheet in total that have any shot at a ML career.

Suwon KOR 
    Spectator

I have no clue who to take with the 3rd pick… I didn’t think I was gonna have to restock my career minor leagues…lol Cap_PDT_01_07

Baracoa CUB 
    Spectator

JPN draft pool is a good one to pick 7th in. Honestly not that much difference between the 2nd and 7th best prospect, and even the guy who I think should go first overall isn’t honestly that great of a prospect. And I still won’t be too disappointed in whoever I get with the 7th pick because they’ll still project to be a major leaguer.

Bocas del Toro VEN 
    Spectator

@Baracoa (JPN) wrote:

JPN draft pool is a good one to pick 7th in. Honestly not that much difference between the 2nd and 7th best prospect, and even the guy who I think should go first overall isn’t honestly that great of a prospect. And I still won’t be too disappointed in whoever I get with the 7th pick because they’ll still project to be a major leaguer.

Yep, I always pick early in the “depth drafts”

Hong Kong CUB 
    Spectator

As bad as the hitting side of Canada’s draft is, a couple of the pitchers could be solid #2 or #3 guys if they took small talent bumps. I’m guessing there will be some future stars here, it’s just a matter of which one…but it doesn’t matter for me, because I pick fourth. My pick will be determined by what goes in front of me.

Hukuoka CUB 
    Spectator

I for one like the new drafts with a bit less talent, 14 gets this a bit more right than previous versions of OOTP in my opinion. How many players from the first few rounds actually reach their potential in real life? Meanwhile you have some scrub late round pick that turns into an All-Star fairly often in real life. I think the makers of OOTP are trying to sim this, it makes it interesting trying to pick who you think might develop into something special (which seeems to be happening a bit more often). My active roster for example (rounds 5 or later) only has a few late round picks that have ‘made it’:

(Round)
    (8) SP Tabor Cruz
    (5) SP Makepeace
    (Undrafted) MR H. Kim
    (6) Utility Redio

Hopefully with the tweaks to the draft this changes so maybe 8-10 of your average big-league roster spots are from players in the late rounds. Much more fun for me to have a long-shot turn into something rather than a ‘sure thing’ burn out. I guess I am a glass half full kinda guy in that respect. Anyone else have more later round picks on their MLB roster than 4?

Maracaibo USA 
    Spectator

@Hukuoka (USA) wrote:

I for one like the new drafts with a bit less talent, 14 gets this a bit more right than previous versions of OOTP in my opinion. How many players from the first few rounds actually reach their potential in real life? Meanwhile you have some scrub late round pick that turns into an All-Star fairly often in real life. I think the makers of OOTP are trying to sim this, it makes it interesting trying to pick who you think might develop into something special (which seeems to be happening a bit more often). My active roster for example (rounds 5 or later) only has a few late round picks that have ‘made it’:

(Round)
    (8) SP Tabor Cruz
    (5) SP Makepeace
    (Undrafted) MR H. Kim
    (6) Utility Redio

Hopefully with the tweaks to the draft this changes so maybe 8-10 of your average big-league roster spots are from players in the late rounds. Much more fun for me to have a long-shot turn into something rather than a ‘sure thing’ burn out. I guess I am a glass half full kinda guy in that respect. Anyone else have more later round picks on their MLB roster than 4?

Not comparing straight up to yours, but I was curious, so I took a look at my roster. These guys are on my current 25-man roster and have contributed a little, but aren’t great by any stretch:

I didn’t draft him, but (8) SP Jose Naredo has pitched 600+ innings in the majors.
    Same with (9) SP Jose Moreno, who has 1,000+ innings in the bigs.

I drafted (7) SP/RP/OF Alroy Corrujedo and have mixed him in the field and on the mound in the minors and he gave me some good innings last year, but he’s likely going to be in AAA for me this year.

I didn’t draft (10) C Pak, but he went really late and has been a decent backup/fill-in catcher for me at times.

(8) 2B Sancho Tares was drafted and dropped, then I picked him up, and last year he gave me a positive WAR in the USA at 2B because of his defense.

I drafted (10) SS Liao, who has been on the shuttle between my AAA and Majors for three years now as an emergency utility infielder.

Tokorozawa DOM 
    Spectator

The DOM draft pool is actually quite impressive with a number of solid pitching prospects and a couple of decent fielders. Nothing that is a complete guaranteed all-star stud, but I think everyone will get something in the first round that they will be reasonably happy with. Even the first 2 or three picks in the second round won’t be too bad. Of course, I pick 4th…

Taegu JPN 
    Spectator

I haven’t looked at any other draft pools than VEN, but based on what I’ve read here, it looks like I should be happy that there are decent odds I’ll land two ML-caliber players in the first two rounds.

Rizao CUB 
    Spectator

The draft classes have been nothing but garbage since moving to the new version of OOTP. Why did they do this? I will admit it has taken almost all of the fun out of drafting. Not so much fun sifting between 5/5/5/5/5 potential players deciding what characteristic to draft someone on. For the third year I in a row, I will likely let the AI draft the last rounds for me. Terrible.

I was tied for 1st in the CUBA league going into the last sim. Finished 63-57 and got demoted to Canada and the dead last pick. A year of crappiness for the Cats after a very successful year in CUBA. I am hoping to demolish Canada this year.

Hong Kong CUB 
    Spectator

It’s luck of the draw with drafts. We had an amazing pitching draft in Canada either last year or the year before.

Hope you won’t do too much demolishing…in Canada we were not hoping not to see the Cuba Latitude winner, because all the teams in that division were good. It’s only run differential that sent you down. But, now that we’ve got Rizao back as division mates…let our rivalry continue. We will do our best to make those Cats have to Rally in order to win any ballgames…

Maracaibo USA 
    Spectator

With the first pick in the 2035 USA draft, the Maracaibo Jackals select CF/SP Bird MacNevin. I almost went with SP Crackpot or SP Gutierrez, because my minor league pitching is so bad and because Gutierrez, in particular, might be able to help me the soonest, but, when all was said and done, having the top pick in the draft (for, hopefully, the last time) means aiming for a franchise-changing cornerstone and I think MacNevin is that guy. And even if he bombs as a hitter, he’s got those 878 (but 4 stamina) pitching ratings to fall back on.

Santiago de Cuba Rough Riders are on the clock.

Santiago de Cuba USA 
    Spectator

@Maracaibo (USA) wrote:

With the first pick in the 2035 USA draft, the Maracaibo Jackals select CF/SP Bird MacNevin. I almost went with SP Crackpot or SP Gutierrez, because my minor league pitching is so bad and because Gutierrez, in particular, might be able to help me the soonest, but, when all was said and done, having the top pick in the draft (for, hopefully, the last time) means aiming for a franchise-changing cornerstone and I think MacNevin is that guy. And even if he bombs as a hitter, he’s got those 878 (but 4 stamina) pitching ratings to fall back on.

Santiago de Cuba Rough Riders are on the clock.

Crap. MacNevin was the guy that I wanted.

We’re taking Noriega. I might regret that because he’s so far away but I can’t pass up the two extra points of potential. Also, Gutierrez’s third pitch is a 2. That’s still a heck of a player for Puerto Plata in the third slot.

It’s a coin flip after that. There’s a few semi-talented players but they’re all about even.

Mexico City DOM 
    Spectator

With the First pick of the ’35 Japan Draft, the Gila Monsters will take SS ‘Dash’ Mora. He’ll be the first non-SP we’ve drafted in the first round.

In the second round… and third round… and fourth round… we select… garbage…

Taegu JPN 
    Spectator

just allow me to shake my WBH cane at you guys for a hot minute

you WBH-whippersnappers just don’t know what the talent level was when the league was formed, and for several seasons thereafter. At that time, a 6.6.7-ish level pitcher would have topped a number of teams’ rotation. when I joined, I remember feeling blessed that I had a couple of pitchers with 7s in their ratings, but I had to scramble to get a 5.6.6. type pitcher in the #5 slot. yet those guys did somewhat OK. nowadays, a 5.6.6ish pitcher won’t even be the best guy in nearly all AAA rotations out there, and would be a disaster if left in an ML rotation

all that to say – There’s no crying in baseball!!!
    8)

Chihuahua USA 
    Spectator

A pitcher I remember fondly is SP Edwin Rollin. Acquired from a scrapheap, he was a 4.6.6 pitcher who somehow managed to produce 3.XX ERA seasons. I tried to attribute it to his GB% or his 6-pitch arsenal, but either way it appears that it’s unlikely for someone with his ratings to survive for as long as he did.

Toluca KOR 
    Spectator

First pick in the Cuba draft, Toluca….

I think I went with P Mycah Page, leaving a good lefty closer, P Luís Periut to the second pick. Periut could potentially start with a 7 stamina and 3 pitches.

I liked Page’s stamina, and if I remember right he faced tougher competition in college, than Periut. Though his numbers were underwhelming.

This is the second time in the last few years that I have had the first overall pick and not been too happy about the quality at the top of the class. CF Zi-xing Au was number 1 overall in 2031, and he was nothing special, and got talent hits along the way.

Bocas del Toro VEN 
    Spectator

@Taegu (VEN) wrote:

you WBH-whippersnappers just don’t know what the talent level was when the league was formed, and for several seasons thereafter. At that time, a 6.6.7-ish level pitcher would have topped a number of teams’ rotation. when I joined, I remember feeling blessed that I had a couple of pitchers with 7s in their ratings, but I had to scramble to get a 5.6.6. type pitcher in the #5 slot. yet those guys did somewhat OK. nowadays, a 5.6.6ish pitcher won’t even be the best guy in nearly all AAA rotations out there, and would be a disaster if left in an ML rotation

8)

I’ve been in this league for like 15 seasons and I never remember having a 6/6/7 as my number 1 or 2 starter and I was in the Venezuelan league for probably the first 8 years, so I was a below average team. This sounds like hearing my grandpa talking about walking uphill to school both ways.

Moca DOM 
    Spectator

@Bocas del Toro (USA) wrote:

@Taegu (VEN) wrote:

8)

I’ve been in this league for like 15 seasons and I never remember having a 6/6/7 as my number 1 or 2 starter and I was in the Venezuelan league for probably the first 8 years, so I was a below average team. This sounds like hearing my grandpa talking about walking uphill to school both ways.

Ben is 100% correct

Taegu JPN 
    Spectator

@Bocas del Toro (USA) wrote:

for like 15 seasons

well there’s the problem, wheels

Cap_PDT_01_05

Erie VEN 
    Spectator

Yeah, I’ve been here since 2016 and I don’t even remember that. Is it a good thing that 2/3 of the league’s history DOESN’T follow that model, yet the original owners act like it was the norm for the majority of the league to have what we now deem “below average” level talent as regular starters?

Moca DOM 
    Spectator

Joe and others, the reason that it was a good thing (IMHO) is that when you had a player who was exceptional (777 at the time for SP), they truly were exceptional. And they were a bit dominant and you worked to get them and you cherished them.

Now, you get a guy who is 877 or 987 he could be a piece of crap.

To me it’s much more fun when the ratings matter, and they can be a bit more rare to be that good. I would rather see the randomness in talent when a guy is 555 or 566 then a guy who is a 888 SP and is pure crap.

Taegu JPN 
    Spectator

no one implied that the beginning years of the league were considered “normal”. they were what they were, and my intent was to imply that life will move on if talent levels across the board are lower. we’ve done it before. I think the main point is that talent is cyclical and relative.

the bar changes as time moves on, and as long as we’re all playing in the same universe I don’t think it matters as much. as we all know, on an individual basis, talent is subject to change anyway. IMO it’s not worth griping over how the draft pools look.

I’m with Dan – I’d rather the talent level be a little lower, and therefore appreciate the truly good-rated players. Some leagues out there inflate the piss out of player rankings, and every team has 8/8/8 type players at all positions. I’d argue that those leagues are more difficult to play in, because it’s tough to figure out who is really good and who isn’t. I don’t want my WBH to be like that.

Chihuahua USA 
    Spectator

Also, I think a big change (at least in the pitching side) was when individual pitches contributed to whether or not a player would be effective as a starter or not. Back in older versions, you could have pitchers with a stuff rating of 4 and be alright in the rotation. Now, most pitchers with a stuff rating of 4 don’t have good enough pitches to be rated as anything besides a reliever and gets walloped if he starts.

Taegu JPN 
    Spectator

that may well be true, a lot has changed in the modeling of the game

Bocas del Toro VEN 
    Spectator

@Moca (VEN) wrote:

Joe and others, the reason that it was a good thing (IMHO) is that when you had a player who was exceptional (777 at the time for SP), they truly were exceptional. And they were a bit dominant and you worked to get them and you cherished them.

Now, you get a guy who is 877 or 987 he could be a piece of crap.

To me it’s much more fun when the ratings matter, and they can be a bit more rare to be that good. I would rather see the randomness in talent when a guy is 555 or 566 then a guy who is a 888 SP and is pure crap.

What? A 987 who’s a piece of crap? If anyone wants to trade me a crappy 9/8/7 SP, please message me first 🙂

You “old school” guys are funny…I’ve been playing OOTP since 6.5 and ratings have always mattered and they still matter. Ratings aren’t, and never have been, 100% accurate…it’s also, especially with pitchers, about Small Sample Sizes. A starter could get 20 – 25 starts in a year and if he has a few terrible starts, his numbers could look bad, even though he’s still a dominant starter. Or Park Factor, Team Defense, High BABIP, Luck or any other factor could come into play…just like real life. If you have an infield of “Miguel Cabrera’s”, your dominant pitcher with 70% Groundball ratio might not end up with great numbers.

Taegu JPN 
    Spectator

you’re missing the point

of course ratings matter. what i’m saying is that the relative level of talent over time has changed. when the average pitcher across the league was a 6.6.6 guy, then a pitcher with a couple of 7s in there was considered a good pitcher. like I said, I did OK having a 5.6.6 type of guy as SP5. that’s OK when the average across the league was 6.6.6. (side note – I have no way of knowing what the average is at any given point) but if the league average is now somewhere between a 6.6.6 and a 7.7.7, then that 5.6.6 guy is crap. and my pitchers with 7s are now average to below average.

I went on to explain that we will be just fine with whatever talent pools we end up with. it won’t be the end of the world. I will caveat that my opinion is my own and that it in no way represents anyone else or the league as a whole. just my opinion.

PS an interesting case where stats did not follow ratings whatsoever – I still agree stats matter, but there are outliers. I like to think of all players plotted on a bell curve against talent. you’ll find that the bulk of players play close to their ratings, but there’s still a significant portion that are a little (or a lot) out of sync with their ratings. then you have guys like Sung-keun Kim who don’t follow that trend at all. they are in the minority, but still are out there.

Bocas del Toro VEN 
    Spectator

No, I don’t take any issue with what you’re saying…more so this.

“To me it’s much more fun when the ratings matter, and they can be a bit more rare to be that good. I would rather see the randomness in talent when a guy is 555 or 566 then a guy who is a 888 SP and is pure crap.”

I don’t think ratings matter less today then they ever did in WBH…perhaps ratings overall are higher now, but the top 10% rated pitchers are generally still the ones to target. Is ratings the only thing that matters with how you can expect them to perform, of course not, but it’s the most important IMHO.

Moca DOM 
    Spectator

I do tend to think they don’t matter now compared to the early days.

In the old days (for lack of a better term, not to sound like Get off My Lawn guy)… when you paid good money for a 777 SP, you felt like you got something. And more often then not you certainly did and he was your ace. Now you can get that guy and like Ben said, he’s below avg on the ratings scale for SP.

I am not saying that ratings should be absolute but IMO we play this as a simulation, and I want the ratings to matter. I don’t know who mentioned it above about playing since version 6 in the old days and ratings never mattered. Well you are kinda wrong, but kinda right. See it’s ALL about settings, and how your league is set. You can set the league to be 100% accurate or 50% accurate and more variable.

Any league with scouts off should inherently be more accurate then others. If you want that variation go play in a league with scouts on and you will have all the fun in variation you can handle. Or one of the leagues that has potential on only, that will drive you F’n bananas. We have scouts off, and by design from the beginning it was a highly accurate depiction of the talent.

IMO in a league like this sure, I like variance FROM TIME TO TIME, then the guy should be re-evaluated by the game on Jan 1st and given his new ratings. Which sometimes happens. See my CF Alex Dimas. He got beat down a bit after I drafted him and of course it annoyed the hell out of me, but then the AI kept insisting I bring him up. Well last year he went ape shit on opposing pitching, and now he got his talent bump reflected in the ratings. IMO this is exactly how it should happen. He SHOULD get that bump if that’s how he is. And likewise I would like to see a guy who has regressed get nerfed. I would much rather see this in some (and I stress SOME ) caes rather then the guy staying 5555 and all of a sudden be babe ruth and his ratings never change or see a 77777 guy blow every year.

We have entirely too many crappy 777 guys and crappy 77777 guys. We should NEVER have a guy on the waiver wire with a 7 contact (unless of course has a crappy contract but obviously you know what I mean).

So yes my point is we have ratings inflation in the league, and we remember fondly when 777 SP meant something. It’s likely due to the constant upgrading of versions and always moving to the new version and converting the file. It happens but you cannot question our truth that, it was the way it was in the old days.

Now get the hell off my lawn Cap_PDT_01_02

Jeonju CUB 
    Spectator

Don’t league levels have a lot to do with it too? In Korea, I felt like I had an absolutely dominant rotation. I’ve been promoted to Cuba and now I feel like I have a pretty average rotation. I would imagine that if I compared my rotation to the teams in the US, then my rotation would suck.

So a 7 contact guy in the US might hit .260, but in the 3rd tier he might hit .310. I don’t know if it’s that extreme but I’m sure I’ll find out this year. Everything is relative. If a 7/7/7 SP is playing crap lineups he’s going to mow them down, and he’ll struggle more with lineups of bombers. The simple AL/NL example shows it too.

Bocas del Toro VEN 
    Spectator

Well I agree with you that a 7/7/7 isn’t what it was in the old days, I bet your success rates for a top 10% rated pitcher 20 seasons ago would be the same success rates for a top 10% SP today. I don’t believe our rating system is 100% accurate, which is good in my opinion. But I don’t think it’s changed in the last 15 seasons that I’ve been here either. I think if you have an excellent rated player, 9 times out of 10, he’ll perform like an excellently rated player.

For example, if a 7/7/7 SP from 20 seasons ago is equivalent to an 8/8/8 SP today, I’d say their performance would be comparable over the long run as well…again, for the most part. I find the ratings to be fairly accurate…though not entirely 100%, which is perfectly fine.

Hukuoka CUB 
    Spectator

I can’t really say that all this talk of a 7.7.7 SP being “Average” has given me much hope for this year. I feel my rotation is alright, basically the same as last season when I won 71 games in the USA. Here is my projected staff (with potential ratings as well):

SP Argenal- 8.7.6 (8.7.7) He will probably be my ace and won pitcher of the year last year.
    SP Bertrand- 5.7.9 A solid semi-ace (in my mind) to back up Argenal.
    SP Dillingham- 5.6.8 – Led the USA in complete games last year with 7.
    SP Cruz- 5.6.8 (5.6.9)- Hoping he can make my rotation and balance out all the LHP.
    …and fighting for the 5th spot:
    SP Makepeace- 6.8.4 (7.8.6)
    SP Rosado- 8.6.4 (8.6.6)

As you can see if 7.7.7 is average as some are claiming I am F-ed. I have 2 Average pitchers (21 combined ratings) and the rest are well below that (19, 19, 18, 18). If I can win 71 games in the USA with this rotation (I did last year with a pretty similar bunch when I was 3rd in the USA in Runs allowed, I think) then I would love to see if my AVERAGE guy was 7.7.7 and I could have a ACE on top of that. Perhaps my defense makes that big of a difference? Or perhaps I am heading to regulation this year…

Jeonju CUB 
    Spectator

In adding up the ratings, I only have one that equates to a 7.7.7 and here are my rotations results last year. I’d say that’s above average. I was in 3rd tier, not one of you upper level guys, but still.

SP Om 7.6.8 (Total 21) – 2.46 ERA
    SP Im 9.4.7 (Total 20) – 3.45 ERA
    SP Alejandre 6.7.7 (Total 20) – 3.58 ERA
    SP Ramos 7.8.5 (Total 20) – 2.97 ERA
    SP Davalos 6.6.5 (Total 17) – 4.55 ERA

Hong Kong CUB 
    Spectator

Another thing to keep in mind with ratings We do now, and always have, played with the “Show Ratings > Max” setting turned off, as well as the “Show Potential < Actual" turned off. So this is how we get some surprise into our ratings…if you don't already, you should definitely factor performance into your evaluation of player quality.

I can confirm what Ben says above that median/average ratings have gone up. When I first came into the league, having a 8 contact or 8 power guy was something really special; now it’s more like: you should try to have one at every starting position in order to win a championship. And, I frequently used to run out (very good) pitching staffs filled with guys with with 6/6/6 ratings. I had a 7/5/7 starter for years as my ace (still the all-time WBH CG and SHO leader) who came in 2nd in the Pitcher of the Year vote. Nowadays, I try to build an entire rotation of guys with cumulative ratings of 20+…that guy would likely only make my rotation at #5.

Anyway, it is what I is. I’ve just adjusted my thinking. This is where Warren is right about evaluating players based on where they sit relative to everyone else. I used to look at minor leaguers with potential ratings of 5 as guys that have an outside shot at making the majors. Now, unless there is something else special about them, I look at 6 as the baseline for “possible Major Leaguer”.

Santurce de CAN 
    Spectator

http://worldbaseballhierarchy.com/lgreports/news/html/players/player_9332.html

This guy never progressed past 5/5/5 and was one of my best pitchers of all time. 2011 ROY and 2012 POY and threw 7 shutouts for me.

http://worldbaseballhierarchy.com/lgreports/news/html/players/player_8919.html

Pacheco was rated 7/7/7 in 2013 when I traded him. He went 19-1 that year.

Stats are all about league totals and talent is relative. If you edit every pitcher in the league to be rated 2/2/2 and there should be the same amount of offense that season as the last.

Rizao CUB 
    Spectator

@Hong Kong (CAN) wrote:

It’s luck of the draw with drafts. We had an amazing pitching draft in Canada either last year or the year before.

Hope you won’t do too much demolishing…in Canada we were not hoping not to see the Cuba Latitude winner, because all the teams in that division were good. It’s only run differential that sent you down. But, now that we’ve got Rizao back as division mates…let our rivalry continue. We will do our best to make those Cats have to Rally in order to win any ballgames…

It should definitely be a fun year! I always like renewing the rivalry with our mates from HK!

Jeonju CUB 
    Spectator

You know the Cuba draft class is bad when I reach at a guy like CF Manny Perafiel in the first round. I thought the class was about 6-7 deep so it sucked sitting at #8.

Don’t get me wrong, I think Perafiel has nice tools but his hitting needs some work.

Vancouver CUB 
    Spectator

@Jeonju (CUB) wrote:

Don’t get me wrong, I think Perafiel has nice tools but his hitting needs some work.

Blech. I appreciate the optimistic attitude but…… blech.

Changsha JPN 
    Spectator

LF Manny Copones 38 year old says he loves the draft. He says they aren’t making any more like him. Cap_PDT_01_02

Rizao CUB 
    Spectator

So a funny thing happened to one of my best players right before the draft:

LF Juan Rosas shot himself in the foot while cleaning his handgun. He is out for 4 weeks. This was very amusing to me.

http://worldbaseballhierarchy.com/lgreports/news/html/leagues/league_124_news_1140.html

Hukuoka CUB 
    Spectator

I for one am pretty pleased at how the draft has turned out so far, definately a great class but in rounds 2/3 I got two of my remaining top 5 players. Hopefully they turn out.

Round 1: 1B Sager 6/6/8/6/6 potential. Durable with great personality, a nightmare on the bases and his defense is pretty poor.
    Round 2: OF Head 5/6/6/6/5 potential, only 19. I almost took him in the first round and I am glad I didn’t. He is durable, speedy and has solid defense. With his age he could easily get a boost to his ratings (or fall apart).
    Round 3: SP Kondoh 5/5/7 potential. He has solid personality ratings and is one of the youngest players in the USA draft at 17 years old. I have had pretty good luck with teenage pitchers in the past so I am hoping he can get a few ratings bumps over the next 3 or 4 years.

Overall I think the Hawks have had a OK draft. Nothing like drafts I have had in the past that have resulted in 5 big league starters, but still with some ratings bumps I could have a few starters from this draft…

Baracoa CUB 
    Spectator

I’m pretty pleased as well. Got 2 iffy starters and one guy who hopefully is young enough to get a ratings bump.

Given the quality of the JPN pool and my position, not bad. Always good to stock up on 6/6/7 guys, since if they improve you’ve got a solid starter on your hands for years to come.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

JOIN US

If you would like to join, send us a message with a little bit about you and your OOTP history.

Sending

©2019 World Baseball Hierarchy

or

or    

Forgot your details?

Skip to toolbar