2035 Cuba

This topic contains 26 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by  Baracoa CUB 6 years, 6 months ago.

• Author
     Moca DOM 
    Spectator

In what might be unprecedented in WBH history, the two previous 3rd tier winners will face off in the championship.

Azua vs Jeonju in the finals.

And Azua wins… well b/c in all my life there are a few things I won’t do. Guess a woman’s age and bet against Jim Lee.

Taegu JPN 
    Spectator

lol

Azua USA 
    Spectator

Heh, I’ll try my best to live up to those expectations!

Jeonju CUB 
    Spectator

I appreciate the love… I must say that our chances look a lot better after this past sims signings… I still wouldn’t consider us the front-runner as Dan does, but we should have a better chance of contending after filling the huge hole in the middle of our lineup.

Most importantly we re-signed possible hitter of the year Qi-chao Huang after he tested the free agency market.

We also signed CF Octavio Hernandez and C Israel Sula, hoping they had a little more left in the tank.

Azua USA 
    Spectator

What a coincidence… probably the #1 and #2 hitters of the year will get a chance to play on an even playing field — Huang and Pae. And Israel Sula.. I knew that name was familiar. I drafted him 17 years ago and he was a solid prospect that I traded away. Incredible that he’s still around, particular as a 37 year old, effective catcher!

Jeonju CUB 
    Spectator

Extremely thankful to be 3-3 right now considering we have a -16 run differential. The biggest factor is a .441 BABIP for our pitchers which has led to a 6.53 ERA for SPs and over 9 for the pen. Our PoY Candidate Suk Om is 0-2 with a 9.64 ERA and .450 BABIP. FA Acquisition Arrone Beauregard has pitched in 4 games and has an .800 BABIP which is hard to believe given his 10 stuff rating and 8 movement! Tough adjustment to Cuba for the Jays but at least we’re still 3-3.

Azua USA 
    Spectator

Wow… off to a pretty good start. 23-7. Averaging 5.8 runs per game and giving up only 3.1…

Lineup is crushing it, even though my star 2B is off to a horrendous start and my star CF was injured early on and will miss most of the season. Pitching is definitely overachieving… my stud SP prospect also got injured in the first week and is going to miss the season, but we have enough depth to cover.

Jeonju CUB 
    Spectator

This has been a very odd season, and I haven’t quite adapted to Cube. Last year, a team strength was team defense/pitching. But this year, we’ve got the same cast of characters and a .348 BABIP against which is killing our pitching staff. Earlier in the year, I was writing it off as being a small sample size, but the sample size is getting larger and that BABIP is still sky high. Only 1 pitcher on our staff has a BABIP under .300….

Despite that crazy BABIP stat and the 7th best offense in Cuba, we’ve lucked our way into a 26-22 record by going 10-4 in one-run games. Something’s gotta give soon…

Toluca KOR 
    Spectator

Can’t be any more pleased after a 6-0 sim.

WHO’S HOT?
    RF Hoitsu Asari .480, 5 HR Last 6 games
    P Russ Keller 9 SV, 0.00 Last 14 games
    P Carlos López 2-0, 1.29 Last 3 games
    P Fernando Martínez 3-1, 1.53 Last 5 games
    P Geraldo Martínez 1-0, 1.06 Last 3 games

WHO’S NOT?
    (nobody)

Would love to get an upgrade for my Catcher position, even though mine was rookie of the month, apparently he is the only rookie to qualify.

RF Hoitsu Asari is hot again, so look out. With 39 XBH’s I believe that leads the Hierarchy.

CUBA seems to be a hitter’s league.

Toluca KOR 
    Spectator

And this guy was a 5-4-5 (potentials) throw-in part of a deal 3 years back.

Ratings dreams do come true, just not always quite the way you want… Cap_PDT_01_16

Bocas del Toro VEN 
    Spectator

@Toluca (CUB) wrote:

And this guy was a 5-4-5 (potentials) throw-in part of a deal 3 years back.

Ratings dreams do come true, just not always quite the way you want… Cap_PDT_01_16

Jeez, who’d trade a stud like that? 😉

How come I never get ratings bumps that essentially double?

Jeonju CUB 
    Spectator

We’ve hit the halfway mark, and the Jays and Toucans are really separating themselves from Santurce and Tocumen. Both the Jays/Toucans are 10-2 overall in the past 2 sims. Toucans (38-22) lead the Jays by 2 games, and Santurce/Tocumen by 13 games.

Our actual record is still way above our Pyt Record due to some early season beatdowns, but our run differential has improved by about 50 in the past few sims so we’re finally positive. Our BABIP is starting to fall a little bit too. All of this is being done with one of our best SP’s on the DL, and he’ll be back in 3 sims. Should be a fun second half!

Jeonju CUB 
    Spectator

@Jeonju (CUB) wrote:

We’ve hit the halfway mark, and the Jays and Toucans are really separating themselves from Santurce and Tocumen. Both the Jays/Toucans are 10-2 overall in the past 2 sims. Toucans (38-22) lead the Jays by 2 games, and Santurce/Tocumen by 13 games.

Our actual record is still way above our Pyt Record due to some early season beatdowns, but our run differential has improved by about 50 in the past few sims so we’re finally positive. Our BABIP is starting to fall a little bit too. All of this is being done with one of our best SP’s on the DL, and he’ll be back in 3 sims. Should be a fun second half!

Well scratch that last post, I guess Doc fixed the flux capacitator and we went back in time… We went 4-2 instead of 5-1, but the Toucans got completely shafted going 1-5 instead of 3-3. So we’ve now got a tie in the division.

I don’t know the extent of the issues but in any case, I’m pretty surprised by a complete re-sim after results were posted. I feel bad for Toluca.

Toluca KOR 
    Spectator

@Jeonju (CUB) wrote:

I feel bad for Toluca.

Me too.

At least there weren’t any major injuries. Just an IFer lost for a few weeks.

Santurce de CAN 
    Spectator

Not looking good for the home team, eating a big helping of injury karma cake this year.

P Jen-kan Jung torn flexor tendon (elbow) 9 months
    P Albert Jaramillo torn UCL (Tommy John surgery) 9 months
    P Raymán Tejara torn labrum (Shoulder) 4 months

CF José Polanco torn ankle ligaments 4 months
    LF Chi-hyeong Yang fractured thumb 2 weeks
    LF Rafael Rodríguez torn ankle ligaments 2 weeks
    CF Carlos Osoy fractured fibula 2 weeks

Oaxaca JPN 
    Spectator

Congrats to Azua and Toluca for running away with their divisions. Lets hope the playoff series will be close and exciting.

Good luck to both teams, but I personally hope Azua wins so that they get shipped out of Cuba.
    I was tired of getting clobbered by their bats.

Toluca KOR 
    Spectator

Thanks!

And good luck to Azua, I hope it’s a good series.

La Habana KOR 
    Spectator

Good luck to both winners!!!

Azua USA 
    Spectator

Good luck!

Taegu JPN 
    Spectator

wow, I wish my rebuild could have gone as well as Jim’s has. truly a great GM, even when he has to reload

Vancouver CUB 
    Spectator

Congrats Jim. I hear the USA LOD is nice this time of year… Cap_PDT_01_20

Toluca KOR 
    Spectator

Way to go Jim. I wish I could have made it more interesting for ya.

Santiago de Cuba USA 
    Spectator

@Vancouver (USA) wrote:

Congrats Jim. I hear the USA LOD is nice this time of year… Cap_PDT_01_20

Jim has a history of success in the USA LAD. He should look to continue it there. Cap_PDT_01_25

Bocas del Toro VEN 
    Spectator

Can someone let me in on Jim’s secret?

Toluca KOR 
    Spectator

@Bocas del Toro (JPN) wrote:

Build a strong, young team, retain your stars and trade the ones you can’t afford.

And most importantly, win the Championship in the lower tiers on your first try.

Baracoa CUB 
    Spectator

@Toluca (CUB) wrote:

@Bocas del Toro (JPN) wrote:

Build a strong, young team, retain your stars and trade the ones you can’t afford.

And most importantly, win the Championship in the lower tiers on your first try.

I would amend that to trade the ones you don’t want to keep.

Azua USA 
    Spectator

I got lucky with prospects and everything came together for a big run… this group has a 5 year run and I was lucky to win the championships in the first go.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

JOIN US

If you would like to join, send us a message with a little bit about you and your OOTP history.

Sending

©2020 World Baseball Hierarchy

or

or    

Forgot your details?

Skip to toolbar