2035 Canada

This topic contains 37 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by  Hong Kong CUB 5 years, 3 months ago.

  • Author
    Posts
  • #3804
     Moca DOM 
    Spectator

    Changsha over Suwon in 7

    But don’t be surprised if Incheon “inches” their way into a div title. :mrgreen:

  • #26591
     Changsha JPN 
    Spectator

    Yes I got my number 3 in the number 7 slot. This year’s first round had no sleeper/head scratchers. The lowest pick only went down to number 9 overall on my board. Round 2-3 get crazy. What do you take 555 pitcher or 4 contact guy with defense?

  • #26576
     Rizao CUB 
    Spectator

    No love from Dan!

  • #26602
     Hong Kong CUB 
    Spectator

    I’m the worst manager ever. I admit…I haven’t even looked at Rizao’s squad yet. I guess I should assume it’s pretty decent. :p

  • #26604
     Rizao CUB 
    Spectator

    @Hong Kong (CAN) wrote:

    I’m the worst manager ever. I admit…I haven’t even looked at Rizao’s squad yet. I guess I should assume it’s pretty decent. :p

    Usually what I think about my team and the actual reality of how good my team is usually differ, usually greatly. Haha. Canada is my home away from home it seems so even though I am disappointed in relegation, I am happy to be back in Canada. I took a quick look at all the teams and it does look like it will be very competitive this year.

  • #26683
     Incheon KOR 
    Spectator

    I find myself in agreement with Dan’s prediction.

    Not sure what to make of that.

  • #26684
     Hong Kong CUB 
    Spectator

    It seems a reasonable prediction.

    Hong Kong could have challenged if I hadn’t screwed up a FA contract. As it is, our SP is too weak. Waiting patiently for my new rotation to develop in the minors…

    All of the teams in our division are decent, though. Could come down to who has the best morale.

  • #26786
     Hong Kong CUB 
    Spectator

    They say Spring Training results don’t matter. Let’s hope so, because 5-19 isn’t exactly inspiring…

  • #26934
     Changsha JPN 
    Spectator

    Hoping to get off to a fast start this season.
    Worst first inning ever?
    http://worldbaseballhierarchy.com/lgreports/news/html/game_logs/log_9537.html

  • #26939
     Hamilton JPN 
    Spectator

    @Changsha (CAN) wrote:

    Hoping to get off to a fast start this season.
    Worst first inning ever?
    http://worldbaseballhierarchy.com/lgreports/news/html/game_logs/log_9537.html

    Ha, I saw that. And the inning ended on a double play, too! 12 runs on only 1 out…

  • #26247
     Jeonju CUB 
    Spectator

    Wow, it’s not like that was against a scrub SP either…

  • #27040
     Incheon KOR 
    Spectator

    I wonder if Suwon and Incheon can keep this up all year. Not much space between the two.

    Early favorite for the pennant has to be whoever wins the LAD.

  • #27067
     Hong Kong CUB 
    Spectator

    Injury carousel continues in Hong Kong. Have not had fewer than 5 on the disabled list yet this season. Had 7, now I think we’re back to 6.

    Longitude seems to be wide open…somewhat unexpected. I expected Changsha to roll this year, with the others nipping at their coattails. Ignore the Steelers at your own peril, though. They had a very nice 2034, and are leading the division.

    I didn’t think we have the pitching to win it this year (right now our starters are over-performing), but if it continues to be a bunch of teams around .500, it could stay interesting.

  • #27072
     Changsha JPN 
    Spectator

    So marc your not a fan of those pitches in on the wrists. 😥

    http://worldbaseballhierarchy.com/lgreports/news/html/game_logs/log_9633.html

    Chet Waugh diagnosed with a fractured wrist, will miss 4 weeks.

    Remind me to send P Alberto Chávez a thank you card.

  • #27095
     Hong Kong CUB 
    Spectator

    Yeah, damn that inside stuff.

    I’ve got three big bats on the DL right now (well, big for my team, anyway). This why you have to try to build a team with some depth, I guess. With Maldodado out, SP Jose Rodeco comes back off the DL and a rehab assignment at AAA, and he’ll be getting some time in the outfield.

  • #27117
     Hong Kong CUB 
    Spectator

    Hamilton…throwing down the gauntlet with some audacious moves for veteran help to solidify their hold on first place. Brian, you could have traded guys out of our division! :p

    Meanwhile, in Hong Kong, two more outfielders (Manny Copones and Desi Garcia) get traded to the DL for players to be named later (in this case, the return of Rigo Piloto, Eddie Jennings and Alfredo Beltran). Unbelievable cascade of injuries. Need to fire the training staff.

    Over in the Latitude, all four teams are .500 or better, and only separated by 4 games. Interesting season in Canada.

  • #27139
     Hamilton JPN 
    Spectator

    I figured, what the heck?

    Now, to stay under the salary cap…

  • #27150
     Taegu JPN 
    Spectator

    you can’t make trades that put you over the salary cap.

    this is one of your (and any GM’s) responsibilities when discussing and approving deals. the trades were processed, but should not have been. I think it was missed by the simmer since you made two separate trades, and it wasn’t obvious that both deals together would put you over the cap.

  • #27168
     Hamilton JPN 
    Spectator

    @Taegu (VEN) wrote:

    you can’t make trades that put you over the salary cap.

    this is one of your (and any GM’s) responsibilities when discussing and approving deals. the trades were processed, but should not have been. I think it was missed by the simmer since you made two separate trades, and it wasn’t obvious that both deals together would put you over the cap.

    I’ve cut players effective this sim so I should be under the cap now. You can fine me if you want, but I think the trade should still be able to go through. It was illegal when it was processed but it should be legal now that I’m under the cap.

  • #27175
     Moca DOM 
    Spectator

    @Hamilton (CAN) wrote:

    It was illegal when it was processed but it should be legal now that I’m under the cap.

    There is no “But” in this case. If it’s illegal you cannot make it plain and simple. You needed to either A)put the rest of the overage salary in the deal or B) announce “Cut player X to get me under the cap for this deal”.

    B is still borderline legal, but I am pretty sure it’s been allowed before.

    I have not looked at the file this AM but it is entirely possible you might need to make this deal again with you being under the cap the entire time.

    (also waivers does not put a guy off of your payroll– this was where the main error was you tried to throw him through there before cutting him which is another no-no b/c you show you knew you were basically over the cap)

  • #27544
     Incheon KOR 
    Spectator

    For how competitive this league is, there’s been comparatively little chatter. Five teams still have a realistic shot at the pennant.

    For my part, am very happy about the 5-1 road trip to Suwon and Hamilton.

  • #27568
     Incheon KOR 
    Spectator

    A quick look at the strength of schedule of the five contending teams in Canada (using win-loss records of teams remaining on the schedule). This would seem to predict a Hamilton-Suwon series.

    Lagunillas (.511) This team has the hardest road to the championship, starting out 2 games behind and playing Incheon twice, Hamilton once, and Suwon once. Four series in all against fellow contenders.

    Incheon (.507) Also has four series against fellow contenders Changsha, Suwon, and Lagunillas (twice).

    Changsha (.505) Has to face Hamilton in two series, along with Incheon and Suwon, but also gets Hong Kong and Rizao.

    Suwon (.492) Has the fewest series against contenders (three), playing Changsha, Lagunillas, and Incheon once.

    Hamilton (.477) The only team to play against each of the bottom three (Seoul, Hong Kong, and Rizao), plays Changsha twice and Lagunillas once.

  • #27571
     Hong Kong CUB 
    Spectator

    Not really enough data to make a scientifically sound assessment, but I’ve done the same thing except considering each team’s year to date record against upcoming opponents…an attempt to see regardless of how good the teams are, how do they match up?

    When I do that, I come up with these rough winning percentages, adjusted for weight according to how many times they play each team:

    Suwon .519 (9-9)
    Incheon .566 (10-8)
    Lagunillas .511 (9-9)
    Hamilton .627 (11-7)
    Changsha .511 (9-9)

    That would leave the races looking like this:

    Incheon 67-53
    Suwon 66-54
    Lagunillas 65-55

    Hamilton 70-50
    Changsha 66-54

    It’ll be fun to watch. Lots of opportunities for head to head competition.

    Hamilton is the only team with a winning record against every team they still have to play. Right now, they’re my pick for the championship.

  • #27572
     Changsha JPN 
    Spectator

    I started out 8-18 in may take that out of the equation and things get a lot closer with hamilton.

  • #27575
     Hamilton JPN 
    Spectator

    @Hong Kong (CAN) wrote:

    Not really enough data to make a scientifically sound assessment, but I’ve done the same thing except considering each team’s year to date record against upcoming opponents…an attempt to see regardless of how good the teams are, how do they match up?

    When I do that, I come up with these rough winning percentages, adjusted for weight according to how many times they play each team:

    Suwon .519 (9-9)
    Incheon .566 (10-8)
    Lagunillas .511 (9-9)
    Hamilton .627 (11-7)
    Changsha .511 (9-9)

    That would leave the races looking like this:

    Incheon 67-53
    Suwon 66-54
    Lagunillas 65-55

    Hamilton 70-50
    Changsha 66-54

    It’ll be fun to watch. Lots of opportunities for head to head competition.

    Hamilton is the only team with a winning record against every team they still have to play. Right now, they’re my pick for the championship.

    Well this is definitely encouraging. I’ve been watching my division lead slowly dwindle over the second half… just lost a key SP to an 11mo injury last sim. Here’s hoping the injury bug holds off long enough for that championship prediction to come true.

  • #27589
     Hamilton JPN 
    Spectator

    Wow, this is a really, really close race. Would Hong Kong or Incheon mind running those remaining strength of schedule numbers again, now that there are only 2 sims left?

  • #27599
     Hong Kong CUB 
    Spectator

    I didn’t have time to get to that the past couple days…

    Good race, though. Got my box of popcorn as I watch from the sidelines.

  • #27600
     Hamilton JPN 
    Spectator

    Wow.

    Three consecutive walk-off wins in the race for the LOD. High drama in Hamilton.

    Pinch hit home run in the 11th: http://worldbaseballhierarchy.com/lgreports/news/html/box_scores/game_box_10221.html
    Leadoff home run in the bottom of the 9th: http://worldbaseballhierarchy.com/lgreports/news/html/box_scores/game_box_10225.html
    Two-out triple (though, is it technically possible to have a walk-off triple? Wouldn’t the batter be credited with a double?): http://worldbaseballhierarchy.com/lgreports/news/html/box_scores/game_box_10229.html

    Lots of Hamilton errors perhaps made this series with Changsha closer than it could have been. But very easily we could have been in second place right now, on the other side of a sweep.

    Wow.

  • #27630
     Busan CUB 
    Spectator

    looks like we have a 1 game playoff this year… I am sending mojo to Suwon, hope you getthe victory.

  • #27692
     Barquisimeto CAN 
    Spectator

    Sim is up, we now have a playoff series!

  • #27696
     Busan CUB 
    Spectator

    Best of luck to the winner .. was hoping my buddy would have pulled it out, but for some reason he didn’t start his slugger. What were you thinking?????

  • #27700
     Barquisimeto CAN 
    Spectator

    IF you’ve previously download, please re-download the file as of 2AM ET as I had to move the playoff series back a day to make sure they all line up properly.

  • #27677
     Toluca KOR 
    Spectator

    @Barquisimeto (USA) wrote:

    IF you’ve previously download, please re-download the file as of 2AM ET as I had to move the playoff series back a day to make sure they all line up properly.

    You already imported our exports though, correct?

  • #27704
     Baracoa CUB 
    Spectator

    I would assume so, but just to be safe (especially if you’re a playoff team), I would re-download the file and make sure everything is still in place the way you want it.

  • #27705
     Toluca KOR 
    Spectator

    @Baracoa (JPN) wrote:

    I would assume so, but just to be safe (especially if you’re a playoff team), I would re-download the file and make sure everything is still in place the way you want it.

    Might now be able to to, that’s why I am asking.

  • #27778
     Taegu JPN 
    Spectator

    epic series, nice job on the come from behind HAM

  • #27796
     Hamilton JPN 
    Spectator

    @Taegu (VEN) wrote:

    epic series, nice job on the come from behind HAM

    Thanks! Nail-biter of a season finishes with an appropriately nail-biter game 7.

    Now, my goal is to avoid relegation next season! Thanks all for the great year.

  • #27852
     Hong Kong CUB 
    Spectator

    Congrats on the win. Hamilton’s been stuck in the CAN for a very long time.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

JOIN US

If you would like to join, send us a message with a little bit about you and your OOTP history.

Sending

©2019 World Baseball Hierarchy

or

Log in with your credentials

or    

Forgot your details?

Skip to toolbar