2033 United States

This topic contains 66 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  Akashi USA 5 years, 9 months ago.

• Author
     Moca DOM 
    Spectator

Akashi over Santiago in 5

Barq and Akashi both with 70 win seasons.

Santiago de Cuba USA 
    Spectator

@Moca (JPN) wrote:

I have the oldest infield (C Kito, 2B Alarcio, 3B Yamashita) in the history of history. There’s no way I’m going to make the playoffs. I’ll be happy to avoid relegation again.

Bocas del Toro VEN 
    Spectator

Not expecting a ton this year…after drafting at 7 or 8 for what seems like 7 straight seasons, the minors just aren’t providing help anymore and it’s tough to make a decent team from Free Agency. I figure .500 is a reasonable record for us to hit, just hoping we avoid relegation.

Erie VEN 
    Spectator

@Santiago de Cuba (USA) wrote:

@Moca (JPN) wrote:

I have the oldest infield (C Kito, 2B Alarcio, 3B Yamashita) in the history of history. There’s no way I’m going to make the playoffs. I’ll be happy to avoid relegation again.

But do you at least have a full 25 man roster? Because I sure don’t. Definitely filling out 3-4 spots with minor league scrubs…

Bocas del Toro VEN 
    Spectator

@Moca (JPN) wrote:

You’re forgetting 38 year old 1B Pablo De Aragon.

Santiago de Cuba USA 
    Spectator

@Bocas del Toro (USA) wrote:

@Moca (JPN) wrote:

You’re forgetting 38 year old 1B Pablo De Aragon.

Totally forgot about him. He isn’t starting though, he’s strictly a pinch hitter.

Santiago de Cuba USA 
    Spectator

We’ll be taking C Hayashi to start the second round. Given the nature of other league drafts, I’m excited to get a potential backup in the second round.

Bocas del Toro VEN 
    Spectator

We’ll be taking C Hayashi to start the second round. Given the nature of other league drafts, I’m excited to get a potential backup in the second round.

Ya, I was surprised he made it to the 2nd round…he was first on my list I made this morning. It’s sad when a potential backup catcher is surprisingly available in the beginning of the 2nd round.

Santiago de Cuba USA 
    Spectator

Ya, I was surprised he made it to the 2nd round…he was first on my list I made this morning. It’s sad when a potential backup catcher is surprisingly available in the beginning of the 2nd round.

Out of curiosity, who would you have dropped from the first round? My top eight were picked in the first round.

Bocas del Toro VEN 
    Spectator

Out of curiosity, who would you have dropped from the first round? My top eight were picked in the first round.

I didn’t like Fry, his 4 Stuff and 2 rating on his 3rd pitch scared me…I guess with 2 bumps in Stuff though he’d be a solid bottom of the rotation starter. I did have Hayashi at 8 though.

Santiago de Cuba USA 
    Spectator

I’m surprised that we got both of the remaining 6 contact hitters. It’s not like either are amazing, but there were only two of them.

We’re taking CF Robles to start the fourth round.

Bocas del Toro VEN 
    Spectator

Very interested to see how my team does this year…we aren’t getting better the past few years due to guys getting to expensive and going to Free Agency, but we still came in 2nd last season with a ton of injury including losing our ace for the whole year. Hopefully we can contend for the title or at least not get relegated.

Santiago de Cuba USA 
    Spectator

I just put somebody on waivers and his morale improved. First time I’ve seen that…

Bocas del Toro VEN 
    Spectator

I just put somebody on waivers and his morale improved. First time I’ve seen that…

So he’s excited to be off your team? Hmmm, what kind of ship you running over there?

Moca DOM 
    Spectator

So he’s excited to be off your team? Hmmm, what kind of ship you running over there?

Don’t ask questions you don’t want the answers to

Santiago de Cuba USA 
    Spectator

I only have one unhappy player and he’s just mad about his own performance.

Bocas del Toro VEN 
    Spectator

Sitting at last overall in the Power Rankings and my Owner thinks we should “Win it all!”. Either his expectations are way out of line or my team is really underachieving.

Bocas del Toro VEN 
    Spectator

Finally a good sim as we sweep division leader Erie and then take 2 out of 3 against Akashi. Still 6 games back in our division though and 4 games under .500. Hopefully this is our step in the right direction though, cause I feel our team is talented enough to make a charge.

Hukuoka CUB 
    Spectator

I love when your ace who is ‘durable’ gets hurt for a month and then follows that up with a 2nd injury for 3 months. At least he got 7 shutout innings in his last start before going down…

Santiago de Cuba USA 
    Spectator

@Hukuoka (USA) wrote:

I love when your ace who is ‘durable’ gets hurt for a month and then follows that up with a 2nd injury for 3 months. At least he got 7 shutout innings in his last start before going down…

That Son trade drives me crazy every time I think about it. Grrrr…. Cap_PDT_01_15

Santiago de Cuba USA 
    Spectator

Wow, big trade for Hukuoka. Looks like Zeb really wants to win this year.

Toronto JPN 
    Spectator

I’m 50/50 on this trade, I feel like I traded away Ken Griffey Jr. in his prime away! Either way it’ll be fun cheering Gordillo from the side lines though. future hall of famer!

Hukuoka CUB 
    Spectator

I REALLY want to win every year. Players like Gordillo don’t come around that often and if my staff can get healthy I still have 3 young stud SP at the top of my rotation in Son, Argenal and Cruz. I hope that Gordillo plays up to his ratings, he could be one of the best ever and I hope he is or giving up what I did will ruin the Hawks. Too bad several other of my SP prospects have fallen apart this year…

Santiago de Cuba USA 
    Spectator

Several of my pitchers are having career-worst years and my team is playing accordingly. I don’t have any options other than to let them play through it and hope for the best. I can’t just bench the entire staff… Cap_PDT_01_17

Bocas del Toro VEN 
    Spectator

Several of my pitchers are having career-worst years and my team is playing accordingly. I don’t have any options other than to let them play through it and hope for the best. I can’t just bench the entire staff… Cap_PDT_01_17

It looks like the only battle in the USA Longitude division might be our battle to avoid relegation?

Santiago de Cuba USA 
    Spectator

It looks like the only battle in the USA Longitude division might be our battle to avoid relegation?

The sad part is that it shouldn’t be a battle. You’re rebuilding and I’m trying to win. This is just sad. Cap_PDT_01_29

Bocas del Toro VEN 
    Spectator

The sad part is that it shouldn’t be a battle. You’re rebuilding and I’m trying to win. This is just sad. Cap_PDT_01_29

Well I’m not really trying to rebuild…I was hoping to win going into the year but Free Agency went horrible and my team started off slow, so my ideal situation is to get first overall pick and not get relegated now.

Hukuoka CUB 
    Spectator

It seems like with every trade I made I have another player goes down. This time OF Ives goes down with a injury. I now have the reigning USA Long Hitter and Pitcher of the year on the DL. Both of whom are durable. I finally made a trade to fill a hole in the rotation, and now depending on Ives I might make another trade. Here is hoping we can hold on to our lead until everyone gets healthy. Gordillo is on a rehab stint in 3a, definately don’t want to rush him and risk having him down for a long period of time as well. If we could get healthy I think the team could really do some damage, for now all we are trying to do is keep our head above water…

Santiago de Cuba USA 
    Spectator

@Hukuoka (USA) wrote:

If we could get healthy I think the team could really do some damage, for now all we are trying to do is keep our head above water…

Have you looked at the overwhelming awesomeness of your LOD competition? I’m sure you’ll be fine.

Hukuoka CUB 
    Spectator

@Hukuoka (USA) wrote:

If we could get healthy I think the team could really do some damage, for now all we are trying to do is keep our head above water…

Have you looked at the overwhelming awesomeness of your LOD competition? I’m sure you’ll be fine.

Actually I have, our division is still fairly close especially for this early in the season. here are my thoughts:

Santiago: Playing WAY below what I expected, with all the vets on the team i think that the rough riders could really make a run. The only thing I can think of is vet catcher Kito is done and is bringing down the staff with him. Honestly how esle do you explain TWO #1 overall picks pitching so poorly?

Tocumen: They have been playing better lately and seem to be getting used to the USA. Any team with a great hitter like Tsutsumi to carry the offense could do some damage. Look at the teams that Erie and Santiago have built on the backs of MVP batters. If Tocumen could get another bat (on base type) and some bullpen help they could make a run very easily.

Bocas: Most of the team is in what i see as their ‘prime’ (26-33 years old). They have a fantastic pen along with some solid bats. If they add a catcher and maybe a SP they could end up staying out of regulation. I hate to say it but out of everyone I think that Bocas is the one that is out of it. They are suffering from lack of depth at SP and they lack a MVP type bat to carry the offense.

I think the Longitude still has 3 teams in it (for now). Just depends on how the season goes. For now my team is as weak as it has been in a while, I am just lucky that the rest of the Longitude is in a slump as well. Just my honest, humble opinion of the state of the USA Longitude.

Santiago de Cuba USA 
    Spectator

What happened to negotiating? I just spent quite a bit of time putting together huge offers that fit team needs for two different teams. They both turned me down without a counteroffer. I countered and they both turned me down without a counteroffer again. (They were fair deals.)

Frustrating… πŸ™„

Erie VEN 
    Spectator

What happened to negotiating? I just spent quite a bit of time putting together huge offers that fit team needs for two different teams. They both turned me down without a counteroffer. I countered and they both turned me down without a counteroffer again. (They were fair deals.)

Frustrating… πŸ™„

Everyone thinks they know everything -or- everyone wants to win the landslide trade of the century these days.

Pacora JPN 
    Spectator

Sorry for not countering Bob. Being the new guy, I’m VERY hesitant on making any deal this early in my tenure. I am floating a couple players out there to gauge their value around the world, but in no way am I compelled to pull the trigger unless it is a deal I simply cannot pass up on.

Santiago de Cuba USA 
    Spectator

@Pacora (JPN) wrote:

Sorry for not countering Bob. Being the new guy, I’m VERY hesitant on making any deal this early in my tenure. I am floating a couple players out there to gauge their value around the world, but in no way am I compelled to pull the trigger unless it is a deal I simply cannot pass up on.

I totally understand being the new guy. You might want to include something in your trade block about assessing value or that you’re unsure if you’ll make the trade. That way, potential trade partners will know where you stand. I assumed that your guy was available because your trade block said that he was.

Bocas del Toro VEN 
    Spectator

Frustrating… πŸ™„

Sometimes teams just arent willing to trade certain players they’re attached to, even if the value is there. Like there’s no way the Yankees were trading Jeter ever. I also understand new owners not wanting to jump in and trade right away, before they get a feeling for the league layout.

Also, personally I’m glad if they decide not to trade with my relegation rival πŸ™‚

Santiago de Cuba USA 
    Spectator

Frustrating… πŸ™„

Sometimes teams just arent willing to trade certain players they’re attached to, even if the value is there. Like there’s no way the Yankees were trading Jeter ever. I also understand new owners not wanting to jump in and trade right away, before they get a feeling for the league layout.

Also, personally I’m glad if they decide not to trade with my relegation rival πŸ™‚

I have attachments to players too. I really want C Shiro Kito to retire as a career Rough Rider even though he’s killing me right now.

Both players were on trade blocks so that hopefully means there’s a desire to trade them.

Pacora JPN 
    Spectator

@Pacora (JPN) wrote:

I totally understand being the new guy. You might want to include something in your trade block about assessing value or that you’re unsure if you’ll make the trade. That way, potential trade partners will know where you stand. I assumed that your guy was available because your trade block said that he was.

You’re right, I will add that in now. It does come off a bit misleading.

Hukuoka CUB 
    Spectator

@Hukuoka (USA) wrote:

It seems like with every trade I made I have another player goes down. This time OF Ives goes down with a injury. I now have the reigning USA Long Hitter and Pitcher of the year on the DL. Both of whom are durable. I finally made a trade to fill a hole in the rotation, and now depending on Ives I might make another trade. Here is hoping we can hold on to our lead until everyone gets healthy. Gordillo is on a rehab stint in 3a, definately don’t want to rush him and risk having him down for a long period of time as well. If we could get healthy I think the team could really do some damage, for now all we are trying to do is keep our head above water…

Gordillo comes up after a 13 game rehab stint. And goes down with a neck injury in his 1st AB. Maybe I should shut him down for the year?? Dillingham, who i just traded for takes a ratings hit and on top of that we now have just a 3 game lead. This season is turning into a worst case scenario. I don’t think I have the depth to keep up with 3 of my best players on the DL… 😯

Bocas del Toro VEN 
    Spectator

One game up on our battle with Santiago de Cuba for avoiding relegation, and most likely the first overall pick next year.

Vancouver CUB 
    Spectator

Well this thing got train-wreck ugly real quick…..

Lost 4 games in the standings to Barq and with Akashi 10 games up any chance of a repeat is looking slim. Looks like we’ll be scratching and clawing to avoid relegation…..

Santiago de Cuba USA 
    Spectator

One game up on our battle with Santiago de Cuba for avoiding relegation, and most likely the first overall pick next year.

I’m hoping that the return of SP Guoncale Balsa this sim and 2B Chico Alarcio next sim can help us out. I need something to help me out. My team has been terrible.

Santiago de Cuba USA 
    Spectator

I’ve been trying for years to find consistent top of the order hitters to get on base in front of my sluggers. This year I have about 32 leadoff hitters and only one slugger to consistently drive them in.

32 is a bit of an exaggeration, but the addition of CF Bartolo Ramirez gives me five: CF Ramirez, LF Kaoru Saito, 2B Chico Alarcio, 3B Roberto Zeballos and IF Tanyu Ikeda. Each of them has an OBP over .400 this year. However, I only have one player, RF Serafim Aldono, with any consistent power. I really miss 2B Carlos Bastidos’ bat right now…

Bocas del Toro VEN 
    Spectator

Wow, a 5-1 sim…not sure where this came from. It does get us 3 games up from Santiago in our race to avoid relegation, which is great.

If anyone is looking for a starter, I’ve put 4/7/7 SP Akira Urogataya on Waivers…he actually pitched great for Azua last year with a 3.30 ERA but has had trouble with the long ball this year, giving up 16 HR in only 86 Innings, way over his normal pace. Not sure why guys are making great contact off him, since his 7 Movement and 7 Control should prevent that, but I’m betting off just bad luck.

Santiago de Cuba USA 
    Spectator

Barquisimeto sends me CF Bartolo Ramirez at the trading deadline and then, in his first game as a Rough Rider, he gets injured by Barquisimeto. I smell a conspiracy. Cap_PDT_01_20

Last sim, I also lost the only reliever that’s giving me a decent performance. He’s out for the year.

I still think we have the ability to make a relegation avoiding run to end the season, I’m just not sure if we will. It’s good to see that Tocumen has fallen apart. That leaves me with two potential teams to pass.

Santiago de Cuba USA 
    Spectator

My ace gets injured trying to run over a catcher. Yep, it’s that kind of year.

Bocas del Toro VEN 
    Spectator

Not sure what’s happening with Bocas Del Toro…first half of the year we couldn’t do anything right, now we’ve ripped off a 15-3 stretch in August, bringing us to only 6 games back of Hukuoka…not sure if there’s enough time to catch them, but it’s nice to be 5 games up on relegation too.

Erie VEN 
    Spectator

I’m the exact opposite! Cap_PDT_01_31

Bocas del Toro VEN 
    Spectator

Jeez Santiago, just go quietly πŸ˜‰ Enough of these 9 game winning streaks

Hukuoka CUB 
    Spectator

Well we lost the ‘durable’ Gordillo for the rest of the year and playoffs. Has anyone else had a player who is durable only manage to scratch our 66 ABs in a starting role? If this continues it will go down as one of the worst trades I have ever made (and that is a long list of bad trades)…

Santiago de Cuba USA 
    Spectator

I don’t know if that can happen. I have a veteran squad that has an expertise in finishing third. It looks like they’re extra motivated to avoid relegation again.

Besides, you’re probably not getting relegated anyways. Wouldn’t you rather see Tsutsumi go away?

Bocas del Toro VEN 
    Spectator

@Hukuoka (USA) wrote:

Well we lost the ‘durable’ Gordillo for the rest of the year and playoffs. Has anyone else had a player who is durable only manage to scratch our 66 ABs in a starting role? If this continues it will go down as one of the worst trades I have ever made (and that is a long list of bad trades)…

I find that Fragile and Durable really means nothing….at least in my experience. I had a Fragile player who missed a week in 7 years. It really just seems to me that you get hit with the injury stick every once and a while and no matter what you do, your team will get crippled with injuries…then other years you can skate by with only a few minor injuries.

Bocas del Toro VEN 
    Spectator

I don’t know if that can happen. I have a veteran squad that has an expertise in finishing third. It looks like they’re extra motivated to avoid relegation again.

Besides, you’re probably not getting relegated anyways. Wouldn’t you rather see Tsutsumi go away?

I’d be more comfortable if you two were 5 or 6 games back instead of only 3…I’m a little nervous since my team has the worst Pythagorean Record of the 3 of us…plus we play Santiago 6 of the remaining 12 games, so those series could very well determine who gets relegated.

Bocas del Toro VEN 
    Spectator

Can anyone tell me how I did this sim…my pc is down right now

Maracaibo USA 
    Spectator

You swept Tocumen, then got swept by Santiago. You are six back of Huk and five up on Tocumen/relegation.

Santiago de Cuba USA 
    Spectator

RF Serafim Aldono is sneaking up on a .400 season. He’s currently hitting .395/.436/.679 with 28 HRs. He’ll almost definitely pass Ike Siebert’s USA record of .379 set back in 2009. He also has an outside chance of passing Julio Sintas’ OPS record of 1.190 from 2010. (Aldono is currently at 1.114.)

Bocas del Toro VEN 
    Spectator

@Maracaibo (CUB) wrote:

You swept Tocumen, then got swept by Santiago. You are six back of Huk and five up on Tocumen/relegation.

Thanks…I would expect that Christmas card from Santiago any day now for that sim

Santiago de Cuba USA 
    Spectator

@Maracaibo (CUB) wrote:

Thanks…I would expect that Christmas card from Santiago any day now for that sim

You only get a card from me if I can sweep you in the last sim. It wouldn’t be a Christmas card, it would be a “Get Well Soon” card addressed to your self-esteem.

Cap_PDT_01_32

Vancouver CUB 
    Spectator

Phew. We picked a good time to go 5-1 and took two of three from Erie each of the last two sims, earning the coveted “worst record in the USA to not get relegated” trophy. As long as Pacora doesn’t get promoted we’ll have the #1 pick.

Congrats to Akashi and Hukuoka! I think Zeb is due…

Santiago de Cuba USA 
    Spectator

I’m glad that we were able to grab third place and stick in the USA for another year. I think we can do some real damage next year. Top prospect SP Arturo Agular will join the major league team and we’ll have about $27 mil in cap space once several team options are rejected. I don’t see any major holes except for a middle of the order slugger.

RF Serafim Aldono didn’t make it to .400, finishing at .394, but he still destroyed the USA batting average record of .379 set back in 2009. I’ll be interested to see if he shows up in the MVP conversation. He’s certainly worthy of consideration but I haven’t scouted the rest of the hierarchy’s hitters to see where he stands among them.

We’ll get the #2 pick unless Pacora wins Japan.

Santiago de Cuba USA 
    Spectator

Forgot to mention, I’m looking forward to the championship series. Zeb could finally get his hard earned USA title or Ed can join the multiple USA champs club which currently only has two active members.

Akashi USA 
    Spectator

The best pitching staff in the USA meets the best hitting team. It should be a good matchup. Good luck Zeb!

Hukuoka CUB 
    Spectator

@Akashi (USA) wrote:

The best pitching staff in the USA meets the best hitting team. It should be a good matchup. Good luck Zeb!

Finally got to look at things, I feel like the underdog on this one and I really wish my best hitter was healthy. But he really didn’t play and we still scored runs so here is hoping that we can do something against Akashi! I don’t feel so good about our chances, but I would rather be lucky than good. Congrats to Akashi on taking the regular season title. Hopefully the Hawks can give you a good series!

Erie VEN 
    Spectator

I’m glad that we were able to grab third place and stick in the USA for another year. I think we can do some real damage next year. Top prospect SP Arturo Agular will join the major league team and we’ll have about $27 mil in cap space once several team options are rejected. I don’t see any major holes except for a middle of the order slugger.

We’ll get the #2 pick unless Pacora wins Japan.

I’m really sad I have to go down. The last 2 times I had crappy records in USA, I was just barely not crappy enough to grab the #1 pick. Each time, you got someone amazing with the first pick and I got a solid guy at #2, but he wasn’t amazing. Now I have to drop down and get like the 5th or 6th pick and knowing my luck, the draft will have 2 great players again. Seems like terrible draft classes just follow me around like the plague!

Santiago de Cuba USA 
    Spectator

Congrats Zeb!

Hukuoka CUB 
    Spectator

I for one can’t believe that I won against Akashi. Congrats to them on a great season, just bad luck that you lost at the end but hey we will take it. Finally able to bring home a USA title for Hawks fans…

Maracaibo USA 
    Spectator

Congratulations – good work

Akashi USA 
    Spectator

It was a good season … until the end. Cap_PDT_01_15 Congratulations Zeb!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

JOIN US

If you would like to join, send us a message with a little bit about you and your OOTP history.

Sending

Β©2019Β World Baseball Hierarchy

or

or    

Forgot your details?

Skip to toolbar