2031 United States

This topic contains 90 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by  Toluca KOR 6 years, 3 months ago.

• Author
     Moca DOM 
    Spectator

Moca Jinx special…. Toluca over Xi’an in 5

Santiago de Cuba USA 
    Spectator

@Moca (JPN) wrote:

Moca Jinx special…. Toluca over Xi’an in 5

No way…

Toluca KOR 
    Spectator

Seems he is only joking so when he is wrong he has an excuse.

Santiago de Cuba USA 
    Spectator

Talk about an exceptionally uninspiring draft pool. Wow. There are some good prospects but nobody that stands head and shoulders above the rest. This is the perfect draft to have the eighth pick. There isn’t much differentiation between the eight best prospects.

Toluca KOR 
    Spectator

@Santiago de Cuba (USA) wrote:

Talk about an exceptionally uninspiring draft pool. Wow. There are some good prospects but nobody that stands head and shoulders above the rest. This is the perfect draft to have the eighth pick. There isn’t much differentiation between the eight best prospects.

f#ck

Hukuoka CUB 
    Spectator

@Toluca (JPN) wrote:

f#ck

+1

Santiago de Cuba USA 
    Spectator

@Hukuoka (USA) wrote:

@Toluca (JPN) wrote:

f#ck

+1

On the plus side for you guys, it does look relatively deep so you’ll probably get halfway decent prospects at the top of the second and third rounds.

Everybody seems to be missing something. CF Au looks like the most complete player he’s not earth shattering at 7/8/6. 2B Sugihara, 2B Ruesga and C Guas are good hitters who can’t defend at critical positions. 3B McLaws is a step behind them and still can’t play defense. RF Chadwell has a ton of power potential but he’s currently 1/1/2.

There’s eight different starters that fit the 6/7/7 or 7/7/5 type mold. They’re good starters who should make the majors but they’ll top out as mid-rotation starters at best. A few of them have a third pitch with 1 potential.

There’s certainly nobody like last year’s first pick.

Toluca KOR 
    Spectator

On the plus side for you guys, it does look relatively deep so you’ll probably get halfway decent prospects at the top of the second and third rounds.

Everybody seems to be missing something. CF Au looks like the most complete player he’s not earth shattering at 7/8/6. 2B Sugihara, 2B Ruesga and C Guas are good hitters who can’t defend at critical positions. 3B McLaws is a step behind them and still can’t play defense. RF Chadwell has a ton of power potential but he’s currently 1/1/2.

There’s eight different starters that fit the 6/7/7 or 7/7/5 type mold. They’re good starters who should make the majors but they’ll top out as mid-rotation starters at best. A few of them have a third pitch with 1 potential.

There’s certainly nobody like last year’s first pick.

blah, blah blah.

I just wanted ONE guy.

Moca DOM 
    Spectator

Sorry Molson, there is at least 6 SP better then anyone in Japan’s draft and all of them are decent. Sure not #1 overall decent but still I would be happy to have one of em. Plus the 2 hitters are just fine.

9 Contact 2b or a stud CF

Not too shabby and you will be one of the rare guys to get 2 GOOD players out of that draft

Toluca KOR 
    Spectator

@Moca (JPN) wrote:

Sorry Molson, there is at least 6 SP better then anyone in Japan’s draft and all of them are decent. Sure not #1 overall decent but still I would be happy to have one of em. Plus the 2 hitters are just fine.

9 Contact 2b or a stud CF

Not too shabby and you will be one of the rare guys to get 2 GOOD players out of that draft

yeah, I know what your saying, but its been a while since I had a number one pick, and I just wanted one of those easy no brainer 9-9-8 kind of SPs.

Toluca KOR 
    Spectator

So…

I’ve got it narrowed down to 8 guys, can I just have the whole first round?

Cap_PDT_01_20

Moca DOM 
    Spectator

Yeah I can’t say I blame you, it’s always one of those things you want to win and still be able to get (that elusive #1 overall). It is a shame there is no HOF type guy sitting there staring at you

Toa Baja KOR 
    Spectator

Yeah, when I brought up the list my first thought was….I must have missed the first round!

On the upside it will be a fun group to evaluate.

Santiago de Cuba USA 
    Spectator

I’m pretty happy with 6/7/7 SP Britt Miller in the first round. He’ll team up with SP Agular as a good one-two punch for the A ball rotation. I need this to be a good draft because just about everybody in my minors fell apart last year.

Did Gerhard autodraft this year? He landed SS Sancho Guijosa, a speedy defender who won’t be able to hit. I’d rate him as a potential utility infielder. Everybody else was right on with their picks.

I can just about guarantee that I’m getting another pitcher in the second round. I have starters listed as my first seven options and I’m sure that somebody will jump at the 8 contact hitters, leaving me one of my pitchers.

Toluca KOR 
    Spectator

Sancho is not bad, he may be a .250 type hitter. Great gap and doesn’t K. Not that I thought he was a first round pick, but still a guy I would like to have in my minors.

I literally couldn’t decide who to take so I put 8 guys in slots and used the last digit on my post count (before I looked at it) to pick. Cap_PDT_01_05

Oaxaca JPN 
    Spectator

I’m pretty happy with 6/7/7 SP Britt Miller in the first round. He’ll team up with SP Agular as a good one-two punch for the A ball rotation. I need this to be a good draft because just about everybody in my minors fell apart last year.

Did Gerhard autodraft this year? He landed SS Sancho Guijosa, a speedy defender who won’t be able to hit. I’d rate him as a potential utility infielder. Everybody else was right on with their picks.

I can just about guarantee that I’m getting another pitcher in the second round. I have starters listed as my first seven options and I’m sure that somebody will jump at the 8 contact hitters, leaving me one of my pitchers.

I did not autodraft, but I usually need middle infielders every season, so I took a flyer. Not much better out there, as all are boderline talent at best.

Taegu JPN 
    Spectator

hmmmm…. truth be told I expected Guijosa to be alot worse than what he really is (after reading that). not really that bad a pick at all IMO.

Santiago de Cuba USA 
    Spectator

Erie took a 9/4/6 middle infielder with the next pick.

Taegu JPN 
    Spectator

9+7+4+6+8= 34
    6+9+5+6+10 = 36

Intangibles, running, bunting, and all fielding ratings are significantly in Guijosa’s favor.

Again, not that bad of a pick.

Santiago de Cuba USA 
    Spectator

@Taegu (VEN) wrote:

9+7+4+6+8= 34
    6+9+5+6+10 = 36

Intangibles, running, bunting, and all fielding ratings are significantly in Guijosa’s favor.

Again, not that bad of a pick.

Excellent analysis that shows there are multiple ways to evaluate players and still be successful. Gerhard, Ben and I have all had success in the USA and we can break down two players completely different.

I don’t really consider gap or avoid k. They just don’t make a significant enough impact for me. I only use personality ratings as a tiebreaker between equal players. Speed is nice but it’s only a bonus for me.

Defense is important and clearly favors Guijosa. Contact is important and clearly favors Sugihara.

For me, Guijosa doesn’t have an elite enough glove to warrant his lack of hitting (again, only looking at contact/power/eye). He would be a utility prospect for me.

Still, I love your breakdown, Ben. Well done.

Taegu JPN 
    Spectator

Even if you wanted to consider the “Big 3” ratings, Guijosa only comes in 2 behind Sugihara (17 to 19). Factoring in all the other ratings, at worst it’s a wash between the two players.

Moca DOM 
    Spectator

The SS is a GG and could very well end up with a 9 at SS when he’s developed. The 2b while a stud at the bat still is a liability at 2b, which makes him likely to be a 1b before too long.

9 contact or not that’s still not great.

A GG SS with power and speed like him is the better pick. Not only that he prob should have been picked 2nd in this pool.

Santiago de Cuba USA 
    Spectator

@Taegu (VEN) wrote:

Even if you wanted to consider the “Big 3” ratings, Guijosa only comes in 2 behind Sugihara (17 to 19). Factoring in all the other ratings, at worst it’s a wash between the two players.

I don’t just add the numbers, I evaluate each one independently.

It really is interesting to see everybody’s evaluations of the same player. I had no idea that I would be in the minority on this evaluation. I wish we had more discussions like this but I know it’s difficult because everybody wants to keep their competitive edge.

Taegu JPN 
    Spectator

their competitive edge.

πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜†

he said I had a competitive edge

πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜†

Erie VEN 
    Spectator

I’ll side with you, Bob. My guy is definitely better!

Santiago de Cuba USA 
    Spectator

I’ll gladly take a 6/7/8 starter at the end of the second round! He has definite drawbacks like his age (18) and the potential of his third pitch (1), but he was the most talented player on the second round board in terms of straight up potential.

I got a laugh at my third round pick’s city of birth, Sun City, AZ. My grandma lives there. It’s age restricted for senior-only living and no kids are allowed to live there. That makes it rather difficult for him to live there unless he’s 17-going-on-60.

Toluca KOR 
    Spectator

could anyone post the USA draft results please?

Santiago de Cuba USA 
    Spectator

@Toluca (JPN) wrote:

You got SP Ciro Flores and SP Stevie Sheppard.

Toluca KOR 
    Spectator

@Toluca (JPN) wrote:

You got SP Ciro Flores and SP Stevie Sheppard.

sweet, thanks

Santiago de Cuba USA 
    Spectator

Really? I just lost my free agent signee on the verge of the season because he asked for a bonus to kick in at 400 PA instead of 372 PA. Really?

Toluca KOR 
    Spectator

Really? I just lost my free agent signee on the verge of the season because he asked for a bonus to kick in at 400 PA instead of 372 PA. Really?

Are you really asking if you are allowed to break a rule? Really?

Santiago de Cuba USA 
    Spectator

@Toluca (USA) wrote:

No, I’m saying that there’s clearly no intent to do wrong. It’s not like I offered a $15 mil bonus for 800 PA. He asked for a reasonable bonus that was 28 PA over the limit.

Toluca KOR 
    Spectator

@Toluca (USA) wrote:

No, I’m saying that there’s clearly no intent to do wrong. It’s not like I offered a $15 mil bonus for 800 PA. He asked for a reasonable bonus that was 28 PA over the limit.

Line has to be drawn somewhere. I think the powers that be have enough to worry about without having to determine intent.

If you are frustrated, I understand, but if you are taking a shot at the powers that be for enforcing a very well stated rule, than that is another issue.

Mostly though, I am just razzing ya, as I had to fast for a blood test today, and I am feeling a bit loopy with a low blood sugar count. Cap_PDT_01_25

Santiago de Cuba USA 
    Spectator

@Toluca (USA) wrote:

Line has to be drawn somewhere. I think the powers that be have enough to worry about without having to determine intent.

If you are frustrated, I understand, but if you are taking a shot at the powers that be for enforcing a very well stated rule, than that is another issue.

Mostly though, I am just razzing ya, as I had to fast for a blood test today, and I am feeling a bit loopy with a low blood sugar count. Cap_PDT_01_25

I know, I’m just really frustrated because I lost a good player over a difference of 28 PA. I never even give bonuses or pay attention to them. They don’t really affect me.

Now there’s a good chance that I’ll start the season with my fifth outfielder as a starter. Defending the USA Championship is hard enough with full roster let alone starting your backup’s backup.

Toluca KOR 
    Spectator

@Toluca (USA) wrote:

I know, I’m just really frustrated because I lost a good player over a difference of 28 PA. I never even give bonuses or pay attention to them. They don’t really affect me.

Now there’s a good chance that I’ll start the season with my fifth outfielder as a starter. Defending the USA Championship is hard enough with full roster let alone starting your backup’s backup.

Plus there is a good chance you’ll be playing against him now. Cap_PDT_01_20

Moca DOM 
    Spectator

It’s like penalties in hockey or any other sport. “Intent has nothing to do with it”

Santiago de Cuba USA 
    Spectator

@Moca (JPN) wrote:

It’s like penalties in hockey

They still play that sport? Cap_PDT_01_05

Incheon KOR 
    Spectator

@Moca (JPN) wrote:

It’s like penalties in hockey or any other sport. “Intent has nothing to do with it”

Except, I guess, intentional grounding in football, or intentional fouls in basketball, or deliberate handballs in soccer.

Toa Baja KOR 
    Spectator

Croquis have a good first week going 4-2. Out of the gate quickly, again.

Last year talk was of virtually no prospects except Yadier Garcia. He’s graduated from AAA and developed quite nicely as he begins the season with 3 dingers and is batting .304.

The Franchise, Fernando Rodriguez is hitting .409.

The Frogs are looking forward to the home opener against Toluca.

Toluca KOR 
    Spectator

Still can’t believe Toluca is in the USA. And we actually won a few games.

Sitting at 5-7, we are 3 games off the leader.

Some strong performances so far with CF Dong-joo Sin and 2B Tomokazu Kaai.

Hukuoka CUB 
    Spectator

well although it is nice to be over .500 I really wish SS Frude would get things going. On paper he should be our best hitter with 9/8/3/8/9 ratings. On the field he is hitting .191… If he doesn’t start hitting soon I don’t see us staying around for long.

Toa Baja KOR 
    Spectator

The stats are looking good for the Frogs so far in the Longitude division. Toa Baja is first in:

Runs scored, BA, OBP, and Bullpen ERA

Team weakness is starters ERA which is last at 4.46.

Yadier Garcia has come up big with a 1.249 OPS.
    Keystone positions are extremely weak on this team but Heaton gives us the D so his .628 OPS will be something the Frogs just have to live with. No help on the way in the system.

Coquis have been lucky, too, going 2-0 in extra innings and 3-1 in one run games.

Santiago de Cuba USA 
    Spectator

Everybody else in the LOD weighed in so I guess I will too.

We’ve played terribly so far and we’re still 5-7. I’ll take it. This is the exact same way that we started last season and that worked out alright for us.

Only one of my starters has an ERA under 4.00. My stud closer has a 5.40 ERA. C Shiro Kito is hitting .156/.250/.267. All of that will change for the better.

Toluca KOR 
    Spectator

We’ve played terribly so far and we’re still 5-7. I’ll take it. This is the exact same way that we started last season and that worked out alright for us.

Only one of my starters has an ERA under 4.00. My stud closer has a 5.40 ERA. C Shiro Kito is hitting .156/.250/.267. All of that will change for the better.

And you didn’t even mention your new LFer who you got after losing your other new LFer to a contract “error”. Cap_PDT_01_23

Santiago de Cuba USA 
    Spectator

@Toluca (USA) wrote:

And you didn’t even mention your new LFer who you got after losing your other new LFer to a contract “error”. Cap_PDT_01_23

That’s worked out pretty well through two sims. Da is one of my few bright spots.

Toa Baja KOR 
    Spectator

Coquis drop the opener against Erie against Jacinto Torre 8 IP/0 Runs/2 Hits but win the next 5 including a few squeakers over Santiago de Cuba by 4-3 scores.

Free Agent signing Val has not allowed an earned run in 13 innings adding stability to the bullpen. Yadier Garcia is doing most of the offensive damage 5 homers and 14 RBI’s.

Santiago de Cuba USA 
    Spectator

Now I’m concerned. A 1-5 sim drops us to 6-12 overall. My team isn’t hitting and the bullpen stinks. I would try to shake up the lineup but there’s nobody in the bottom half that’s hitting well enough to move to the top.

One more sim until I get RF Serafim Aldono back.

Toa Baja KOR 
    Spectator

Now I’m concerned. A 1-5 sim drops us to 6-12 overall. My team isn’t hitting and the bullpen stinks. I would try to shake up the lineup but there’s nobody in the bottom half that’s hitting well enough to move to the top.

One more sim until I get RF Serafim Aldono back.

Your guys are just off to a slow start, that’s all. SP 1-3 is excellent on your team and Yepes, Kido, and Bastidos will not forget how to hit. And, with Aldono coming back more runs are in the future.

The rest of us can enjoy the Rough Riders slump until it ends.

Oaxaca JPN 
    Spectator

We lost our #1 SP Julio Vasquez for 3 months, and needed to comb the waiver wire for a replacement. Picked up a young SP Laurent Poulin, who needs to find his control quickly, or other avenues will need to be pursued.

Our hitting is using smoke and mirrors to fool the OOTP engine into thinking we are contenders. Currently tied for first in the LAD. Surprise.

See how things shake out this week.

Xian JPN 
    Spectator

@Oaxaca (USA) wrote:

We lost our #1 SP Julio Vasquez for 3 months, and needed to comb the waiver wire for a replacement. Picked up a young SP Laurent Poulin, who needs to find his control quickly, or other avenues will need to be pursued.

Our hitting is using smoke and mirrors to fool the OOTP engine into thinking we are contenders. Currently tied for first in the LAD. Surprise.

See how things shake out this week.

smoke and mirrors is working just fine for me! Cap_PDT_01_18

I am constantly picked mid-pack and lower in the preseason predictions…

Santiago de Cuba USA 
    Spectator

I was looking over my minor league system and it’s in shambles thanks to random talent hits. I’ve taken all of these hits over the last year. Each player is shown with their original potentials and their current potentials (some of the original ratings are from my shaky memory):

SP Carlos Lua: 6/7/7-4/5/3
    SP Jorge Ramos: 6/6/7-5/5/3
    CF Jesus Perea: 7/6/7-5/6/4
    SP Mervin Bleazzard: 4/7/9-4/6/7
    1B Alex Colmenares: 7/9/5-5/9/3

In addition to the above list, stud prospects SS Tat Fok and C Hector Azcona have stopped progressing toward their potentials for multiple years.

That leaves me with SP Arturo Agular, MR Felipe Santos (after his own small hit) and this year’s draftees (Miller and Widdess).

This could get rough…

Santiago de Cuba USA 
    Spectator

Welcome back, RF Serafim Aldono! He hit .421/.450/.789 and led our team to a 6-0 sim. He’s already third on the team among position players in VORP after playing only one week.

The team is still in last but only by a game. Next sim brings division leaders Toa Baja and Hukuoka so I guess we’ll see if this run is for real.

Toa Baja KOR 
    Spectator

Started the week off nicely with a pair of wins over Xi’an but lost the series finale and then the Fiordians come to Toa Baja and just roll over us all three games. Ten hits for Hyong as the lead off man for Akashi. Not too bad at all. At .385 he’s only hitting about .100 over his lifetime.

Toluca KOR 
    Spectator

A headline we should have seen….

Litterbug trashes Akashi with a No-hitter!

Xian JPN 
    Spectator

Ugly… Maybe the smoke has cleared early this year… Three way tie for first in the lat.

Oaxaca JPN 
    Spectator

Losing our two best starting pitchers (Vazquez & Santibanez), and now our best hitter (Sol), should bring Oaxaca back to reality. The real question is, will a ten game lead on Erie be enough to stave off relegation.

Gerhard
    “The Eternal Optimist”

Santiago de Cuba USA 
    Spectator

My goal all season has been to win the division… until now. We’ve been in last place all year but I know we can get hot and run off some crazy streaks but it’s just not happening.

Proven veterans aren’t living up to their past performance or their current ratings. SP Guoncale Balsa has been the biggest disappointment. He’s been one of the best pitchers in the hierarchy for years but he’s been awful this year. C Shiro Kito has been ineffective and injured. 1B Luis Yepes is posting his second straight subpar season after a consistent career. Ditto for CF Kiyotaka Sugiyama. Youngsters 2B Carlos Bastidos and 3B Chua-kah Shuo aren’t living up to their potential.

This team could still pull off a miracle if it plays to its ability, but the goal has shifted to passing Toa Baja and/or Toluca to avoid relegation.

Toluca KOR 
    Spectator

This team could still pull off a miracle if it plays to its ability, but the goal has shifted to passing Toa Baja and/or Toluca to avoid relegation.

I’m definitely not feeling comfortable with the defending champs behind me in the standings.

Erie VEN 
    Spectator

I’m pretty much in the same boat as Bob–my stars, in this case: my pitchers, aren’t performing up to snuff this year. I decided to put one of my 2 pitch guys in as closer and he’s done really well so far (probably surprising to none of you). Unfortunately I don’t have enough depth in my minors to replace those guys with USA-quality SP’s.

I’ve also had some key injuries to my stars, CF Jorge Mongome and 3B Soshitsu Koyanagi. They’re both back now, so hopefully we’ll climb our way back into the race. We went 5-1 two sims ago and swept Hukuoka this sim, so things are turning some (albeit we were also swept by Toluca this sim).

Toluca KOR 
    Spectator

@Erie (USA) wrote:

(albeit we were also swept by Toluca this sim).

BOOM! (I am as shocked as you are by the way).

Santiago de Cuba USA 
    Spectator

This week’s sign that I have a last place team: My team leaders in homers are my backup catcher who’s only started for one month (because of injury to the starter) and my stud outfielder who’s missed seven weeks of the season due to injury and only plays against righties.

Toa Baja KOR 
    Spectator

Not sure what’s keeping the Frogs afloat as statistically we lag in many categories. Injuries have hurt us but we do get Takahashi back in the OF mid-week. Jason Gamble was called up from AA to play second base. He can’t hit but the guy he replaced couldn’t hit or field. The Bull Pen has done the job very nicely, so far. Kudos to those guys.

Santiago de Cuba USA 
    Spectator

This sim’s sign that I have a last place team: Three of my players (LF Da, RF Monterosa, 1B Rodriguez) injured themselves this week while throwing the ball. Can I hire a new throwing coach?

On top of that, 1B Yepes, one of the slowest players in the hierarchy, injured himself running the bases.

Toa Baja KOR 
    Spectator

This sim’s sign that I have a last place team: Three of my players (LF Da, RF Monterosa, 1B Rodriguez) injured themselves this week while throwing the ball. Can I hire a new throwing coach?

On top of that, 1B Yepes, one of the slowest players in the hierarchy, injured himself running the bases.

Sadly, you are not getting much luck this year. Injuries to several key players, 10-15 in 1 run games, and not enough pitching can’t offset your offensive strengths, so far. However, our division is somewhat quirky in that no one seems to dominate. And, still a ways to go.

Santiago de Cuba USA 
    Spectator

Bullpen lost four games in the eighth inning or later for me this sim. Ugh… Cap_PDT_01_15

Erie VEN 
    Spectator

4-2 this sim, 8 games out of 1st and 7 games behind 3rd place Oaxaca. Need to continue the push to avoid relegation.

OOTP decided to take out Jose Plascencia for 3 weeks with a broken foot, so that’s awesome. He just won pitcher of the month, going 4-0 with a 2.00 ERA and 43 K’s in 45 IP.

Santiago de Cuba USA 
    Spectator

Here’s to hoping that Toluca can out-suck me in the race for demotion. Cap_PDT_01_05

I swept the Toucans this sim and gained three games on them. Unfortunately, I also lost my new leadoff hitter and his .395 OBP for the year.

Erie VEN 
    Spectator

Another 4-2 sim. 7 games out of 1st and 4 out of relegation.

Otilio Valudez won Pitcher of the Week throwing 13.1 scoreless innings with 12 K’s.

Big sim coming up on Friday with 3 games at Santiago de Cuba and 3 home against Akashi!

Santiago de Cuba USA 
    Spectator

It took Hukuoka seven pitchers to get through the ninth inning of one of our games. Those pitchers still combined to give up the decisive runs in a 7-5 Rough Rider win.

I never really look at the game logs but I looked at this one because of the numerous pitchers. I noticed this: I got a 5-6 force out on a sac bunt in the bottom of the ninth. Either that was a terrible bunt or an incredibly slow runner. Based on the players’ skills, my guess is the latter.

Erie VEN 
    Spectator

5-6 force out sounds like they had the Jim Thome/Adam Dunn shift on!

^the implication there is that the out is at 2B.

Mexico City DOM 
    Spectator

A 5-6 put out at 3B would be a reasonable outcome. Not horribly common, but definitely requiring a slow runner!

Toluca KOR 
    Spectator

@Mexico City (VEN) wrote:

A 5-6 put out at 3B would be a reasonable outcome. Not horribly common, but definitely requiring a slow runner!

Don’t they call it a “wheel” defense, or play, when the 3b charges to cover the bunt and the SS covers 3rd base for a potential force out?

It actually doesn’t require a slow runner, but obviously that would help. Could have been a crappy bunt as well.

Santiago de Cuba USA 
    Spectator

I just don’t remember seeing a 3B turn around after fielding a bunt and throwing to third. It’s certainly not out of the realm of possibility, that just sounds like a difficult play. The play at first is much easier.

Mexico City DOM 
    Spectator

@Toluca (USA) wrote:

@Mexico City (VEN) wrote:

Don’t they call it a “wheel” defense, or play, when the 3b charges to cover the bunt and the SS covers 3rd base for a potential force out?

It actually doesn’t require a slow runner, but obviously that would help. Could have been a crappy bunt as well.

That is correct – it doesn’t happen much, the SS has to beat the runner to third and it needs to be a sharp bunt to the 3B…

Akashi USA 
    Spectator

Hukuoka defeated SP Nobuyori Matsumura to end Akashi’s 16 game winning streak. The Fordians have rebounded from a weak April (11-16) to produce a record of 54-27 since May 1st.

Toa Baja KOR 
    Spectator

@Akashi (USA) wrote:

Hukuoka defeated SP Nobuyori Matsumura to end Akashi’s 16 game winning streak. The Fordians have rebounded from a weak April (11-16) to produce a record of 54-27 since May 1st.

Yeah, you guys swept the Coquis in 3 straight at the top of the week. Lucky for us the Sea Dog bull pen imploded as they blew 3 straight save opportunities. Erie had won 5 straight and then lost 5 in a row.

Fordians appear to be a lock while the Coquis are neither taking over first or going away. Good race in the Longitude at the top and bottom.

Erie VEN 
    Spectator

Yeah, it’s been a season of up and downs.

I even put one of my 2 pitch starters back in at closer to lock down the end of the game but the rest of my guys are struggling getting it to him. Middle relief is fine, but my setup guys are terrible. Not their ratings, just their performance. Cap_PDT_01_33

Santiago de Cuba USA 
    Spectator

Safe from relegation! Woohoo!

I’m six games up on Toluca with six to go. Even in the unlikely event that I go 0-6 and they go 6-0 this sim, we would win the tie breaker (run differential).

Hukuoka CUB 
    Spectator

Good luck to Akashi, hopefully the Hawks can keep the series close!

Santiago de Cuba USA 
    Spectator

Congrats to both Hukuoka and Akashi on winning their divisions! I’m not sure who to root for in the championship. I’ve been a fan of Zeb’s team for a couple years but Akashi spent so much time in the USA with only one title (back in 2010).

I lost 1B Luis Yepes for eight months in the last sim of the season. That just rubs salt in the losing record wound. He’ll miss the first couple months of next season. Guess that means I’m not trading Ostrom in the offseason as planned.

Akashi USA 
    Spectator

Good luck Hukuoka! The Fordians finished the regular season hot, but the Hawks starting rotation will probably put a stop to that.

Santiago de Cuba USA 
    Spectator

Congrats Ed on your first USA championship! Way to join an elite fraternity after so many seasons!

Hukuoka CUB 
    Spectator

Congrats to Akashi! My worries were true, we couldn’t keep things close and as a result ended up losing 4-2 though it could have been worse. I am glad we were able to make it to the championship, although I would have liked to win. On the plus side, we don’t lose any major piece and everyone on the 25 man roster was under 30 this year (next year we might only have 1 at age 30)… So here is hoping the Hawks can grow up and do some damage for the next 5 years.

Akashi USA 
    Spectator

They say the third time’s the charm. Too bad it took me twelve! πŸ˜† It’s good to win the USA championship after so many seasons of futility.

Toa Baja KOR 
    Spectator

Congrats, Akashi, on winning the Championship!!

Moca DOM 
    Spectator

Congrats ED!

Well done

Philadelphia USA 
    Spectator

Congrats Ed…

Oaxaca JPN 
    Spectator

Congrats Ed. A well deserved win.

Gerhard

Xian JPN 
    Spectator

Congrats! you’ve built a good young core – I’ll have my hands full keeping pace for years to come

Hukuoka CUB 
    Spectator

I used to put some pride in having a GG player. Then I look over the news and see that SP Miguel Bernal (one of my backup starters who pitched all of 9 innings) won the GG in RF without playing a inning in the OF. What is going on with the game? Is this some sort of a glitch?

Toluca KOR 
    Spectator

Very odd, I don’t recall seeing that before.

I did run some numbers on RFers in our division who played at least 200 innings (admittedly a low number) and I think Toluca’s own Wang Chio should have gotten the award.

Formatting be damned, here are the numbers…(you might be able to copy and paste into excel?)
    I ranked each guy based on 3 criteria (RANGE, ZR and EFF, then calculated the average rank)

Name G GS PO A DP TC E PCT IP RANGE ZR EFF R_RANK ZR_RANK EFF_RANK totals
    Wang Chio 26 26 50 3 0 54 1 0.981 227.2 2.1 3.9 1.126 2 2 1 1.666666667
    Li-zhu Ec 28 25 47 2 0 51 2 0.961 214.1 2.06 3.4 1.118 3 3 2 2.666666667
    Rafael Maceira 68 67 131 3 1 137 3 0.978 599.2 2.01 6.7 1.081 5 1 3 3
    Hoitsu Asari 60 56 111 3 0 116 2 0.983 505 2.03 3.4 1.046 4 4 4 4
    Jarvis Arnold 56 54 132 3 1 138 3 0.978 487.1 2.49 0.5 1.007 1 6 6 4.333333333
    Hidalgo Monterosa 34 33 58 0 0 60 2 0.967 281.2 1.85 1.1 1.03 7 5 5 5.666666667
    AndrΓ©s Deoca 33 32 53 4 0 57 0 1 274 1.87 0 0.999 6 7 8 7
    Serafim Aldono 67 64 104 4 2 110 2 0.982 561.1 1.73 0 1 8 8 7 7.666666667
    JesΓΊs Anazgo 38 36 47 2 1 51 2 0.961 318.1 1.39 -0.5 0.986 10 9 9 9.333333333
    Pirro VΓ©lez 24 23 39 1 0 41 1 0.976 212.2 1.69 -0.8 0.973 9 10 10 9.666666667

Here are just the rankings…
    Name R_RANK ZR_RANK EFF_RANK
    Wang Chio 2 2 1
    Li-zhu Ec 3 3 2
    Rafael Maceira 5 1 3
    Hoitsu Asari 4 4 4
    Jarvis Arnold 1 6 6
    Hidalgo Monterosa 7 5 5
    AndrΓ©s Deoca 6 7 8
    Serafim Aldono 8 8 7
    JesΓΊs Anazgo 10 9 9
    Pirro VΓ©lez 9 10 10

(truly, Rafael Maceira should have won, since Chio had too few games)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

JOIN US

If you would like to join, send us a message with a little bit about you and your OOTP history.

Sending

Β©2019Β World Baseball Hierarchy

or

or    

Forgot your details?

Skip to toolbar