2027 South Korea

This topic contains 35 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by  Santiago de Cuba USA 6 years, 2 months ago.

• Author
     Moca DOM 
    Spectator

Good Luck!

Hukuoka CUB 
    Spectator

Well here goes round 2 between us Roswell and Busan, let the arms race begin and may the better team get out of Korea!

Busan CUB 
    Spectator

I am hoping that my pieces will perform to there ability this yr and take us all the way to cuba…

Hukuoka CUB 
    Spectator

@Busan (KOR) wrote:

I am hoping that my pieces will perform to there ability this yr and take us all the way to cuba…

Be careful what you wish for, Cuba is legit…

Hukuoka CUB 
    Spectator

Wow, worst draft pool i have been a part of. lucky us in korea, looks like about 5-8 mlb players (and that is provided some very under-developed kids turn out.

Busan CUB 
    Spectator

i agree a weak draft for sure…. glad i dont have a top pick

Maracaibo USA 
    Spectator

Hi guys, just introducing myself before I go on to clobber you all ๐Ÿ™‚

I’m Jeff Tankersley, I live in Dayton, OH, I just took over the Maracaibo Jackals franchise, and I’ve been playing OOTP for about ten years now, but never multiplayer. I’m a life-long Red Sox fan (lived in Massachusetts in 1986 – I was eight) and have two boys ages 3 and 4 and a little girl due in May. This league looks like a lot of fun and I’m anxious to get this first Sim done so I can see how I did.

Catch you later,
    Jeff

Moca DOM 
    Spectator

Welcome to the league and congrats on the upcoming addition to the fam!

Seems like you know already but this truly is the best OOTP league there is right now!

Moca Man Dan

Santiago de Cuba USA 
    Spectator

Welcome to the league, Jeff!

San Lorenzo CAN 
    Spectator

Welcome Jeff!

Toa Baja KOR 
    Spectator

I would modify Dan’s statement to say that this is the best OOTP league ever.

Hukuoka CUB 
    Spectator

@Toa Baja (USA) wrote:

I would modify Dan’s statement to say that this is the best OOTP league ever.

+1

Busan CUB 
    Spectator

best league period!!!!!

having a bad year…. last yr chumil doesnt perform… this yr hes doing well and the team is last … lol

Thunder Bay KOR 
    Spectator

Hey guys,

I’m Will Moore. I am also new to the league. I will be taking over the Thunder Bay Avengers. I think it is pretty cool that I will be entering this realm of sim baseball with another GM for our maiden voyage here.

I live in Louisville, KY “Home of the Louisville Slugger”. I’m married and have one boy (age 2) and a girl (age 9). I’ve played OOTP on version 11 as well 12 and the watered down version of iOOTP 2011 and 2012. I bring to the table many years of fantasy baseball so long that Tony Gwynn in his early years was one of my first players I recall having. I think that I’ve played every form of baseball known to man over the years, including MicroLeague baseball so I guess that is where my passion for sim baseball come from. My 10 plus years of baseball of auction based drafting of baseball is what led me here wanting to find something else besides fantasy baseball.

I just got through my first imports and exports the other day. I’m still trying to get my feel for the game in this league and getting familiarized with my team.

It appears to be a very good setup filled with opportunity. Currently, the expectations are low because of their record. However, I see the taking the Avengers over as a challenging position that will take time to get to somewhere it hasn’t been since the inception of the team which is the playoffs and maybe a championship.

I look forward to meeting and playing against you guys.

San Lorenzo CAN 
    Spectator

Welcome Will and good luck!

Bocas del Toro VEN 
    Spectator

Welcome to both of you…it’s an excellent league and feel free to ask any questions you’ve got. There are a lot of people that can help you out on here.

Taegu JPN 
    Spectator

Welcome Jeff, and welcome Will! good luck to both of you – don’t hesitate to ask any questions if you need any help! I hope you guys can turn those franchises around!!!

Rizao CUB 
    Spectator

@Thunder Bay (KOR) wrote:

I live in Louisville, KY “Home of the Louisville Slugger”.

Hey Will, I am also Will (actually go by my middle name Brian) from Bridgeport, WV. I lived in louisville, ky for 2 years a few years back and I wanted to give you a shout! I worked for Porter Paints (PPG) as a sales rep before going back to Law School in West Virginia. I absolutely loved my two years there and hope one day to return!

Moca DOM 
    Spectator

@Rizao (CUB) wrote:

@Thunder Bay (KOR) wrote:

I live in Louisville, KY “Home of the Louisville Slugger”.

Hey Will, I am also Will (actually go by my middle name Brian) from Bridgeport, WV. I lived in louisville, ky for 2 years a few years back and I wanted to give you a shout! I worked for Porter Paints (PPG) as a sales rep before going back to Law School in West Virginia. I absolutely loved my two years there and hope one day to return!

Not even out of LAw School yet and you already sound like a politician Cap_PDT_01_26

Thunder Bay KOR 
    Spectator

Don’t look now, but Thunder Bay is on fire. They won two games this week. ๐Ÿ˜†

Taegu JPN 
    Spectator

haha gg, congrats man

Cheju CAN 
    Spectator

Welcome aboard guys !

KEN

Thunder Bay KOR 
    Spectator

A 3-3 record for the week comes at a cost of $250k fine. HMM!! If that is what it takes for Thunder Bay to achieve a .500 record I may not want to do it very often. :cheesy:

Hukuoka CUB 
    Spectator

last 4 games we have outscored the opponent 48-7… here is hoping we haven’t used up all our mojo before the playoffs start.

Taegu JPN 
    Spectator

^ Cap_PDT_01_19

Busan CUB 
    Spectator

good luck in the playoffs…. i have had a horriable yr … need some big changes this yr .. only problem ppl are asking for way too much money .

Hukuoka CUB 
    Spectator

@Hukuoka (KOR) wrote:

last 4 games we have outscored the opponent 48-7… here is hoping we haven’t used up all our mojo before the playoffs start.

and just like that we drop 5 of 6 including getting swept by second place Roswell, here is hoping we don’t trip at the finish line like we did last season…

Busan CUB 
    Spectator

well it wont be me that you trip over this yr

Hukuoka CUB 
    Spectator

well 3b Hernandez out for the rest of the year, we are holding our breath hoping we can make it on our current 6 game lead…

Mao DOM 
    Spectator

Holy cow – with his defensive abilities, why have you not been teaching him to play shortstop?

Hukuoka CUB 
    Spectator

because my SS is already solid and I like the GG at 3b that he gives me, but now that you mention it maybe i will try. also does anyone else see him with a different picture in game and on the reports? he is like 2 completely different people…weird.

Mao DOM 
    Spectator

Well, I understand that … I have a similar player who I have playing at 3B, but that’s because with my personnel I have a better SS than 3B to put out with him. But when you look at it, your SS is getting 4.1 plays per game, while Hernandez is making 2.6 plays per game at 3B. So when you take the 1.5 plays per game difference and extrapolate that over the season, that’s an extra 180 plays at SS. Hernandez has the attributes to be one of the finest SS in WBH.

I suspect he would pick up the position pretty quickly – let him play there next spring and I wouldn’t be surprised if he were rated a 4 or 5 at SS by opening day and a 7 or 8 by the end of the season … guys with a lot of talent like that seem to pick up new positions pretty quickly.

Hukuoka CUB 
    Spectator

@Mao (JPN) wrote:

Well, I understand that … I have a similar player who I have playing at 3B, but that’s because with my personnel I have a better SS than 3B to put out with him. But when you look at it, your SS is getting 4.1 plays per game, while Hernandez is making 2.6 plays per game at 3B. So when you take the 1.5 plays per game difference and extrapolate that over the season, that’s an extra 180 plays at SS. Hernandez has the attributes to be one of the finest SS in WBH.

I suspect he would pick up the position pretty quickly – let him play there next spring and I wouldn’t be surprised if he were rated a 4 or 5 at SS by opening day and a 7 or 8 by the end of the season … guys with a lot of talent like that seem to pick up new positions pretty quickly.

I had never thought of that before, thanks for the heads up and if he is a part of our team next season i will give him a try…

Maracaibo USA 
    Spectator

Crap. I finished one game back. Son of a gun.

I’d wish Cheju good luck and all that, pretend I’m a good sport, but I’m too mad. Cap_PDT_01_15

Busan CUB 
    Spectator

so one yr after finishing first i finish last in the division… i think that means im doomed to be relegated??

Santiago de Cuba USA 
    Spectator

@Busan (KOR) wrote:

so one yr after finishing first i finish last in the division… i think that means im doomed to be relegated??

You’re already in the bottom tier. You can’t be relegated any further than you already are.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

JOIN US

If you would like to join, send us a message with a little bit about you and your OOTP history.

Sending

ยฉ2018ย World Baseball Hierarchy

or

or    

Forgot your details?

Skip to toolbar